1988 Mercedes-benz 500SEC - VIC: Melbourne  

StreekG
  • StreekG
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 21,255
Post #1 post 24th January 2013 - 09:23 PM
Hey guys, had this car for almost 5 years. Still going strong. only 153,000 ks.

Engine: 5.0 OHC

Exhaust:
Tri-Y Headers + 2.5" Twin system with quad pipes out the back

Suspension: Eibach + Bilstein

Wheels: 18x8.5" x 18x10"

Modifications: 2.46 LSD Diff, Intake, Exhaust.

Stereo Audio / Visual:
Eclipse CD7100 Head Unit, Polk MM 4x6" front speakers, Eclipse 6.5" rear speakers, Eclipse SW6210 12" Sub 500wrms, Eclipse XA1200 Monoblock amp 500wrms

Estimated Power: Over 9000

Here's a video i made very recently with the exhaust, taking off, and some LSD action at the end. Had somebody filming for me. Like and share if you enjoyed it smile.gif
watch?v=B7rivh7ZaBA&list=UUm2rXtFPnDsEBxlTUEMV_gQ&index=1

just put youtube dot com / before
or look up StreekG thats my channel, it's a good vid smile.gif

This post has been edited by StreekG: Jan 24 2013, 09:50 PM
1988 Mercedes-benz 500sec

--------------------
IPB Image

Comments

• Boost Network 15
  • Dazza9421
    Post #2

Insured by the mafia! thumbsup.gif ...looks nice and clean ..good job keeping it in that condition!

StreekG
    Post #3

QUOTE (Dazza9421 @ Jan 24 2013, 09:35 PM) *
    Insured by the mafia! thumbsup.gif ...looks nice and clean ..good job keeping it in that condition!

Thanks, may not look it but still a long way to go.
    A few guys on the benz forums have been getting heaps of custom performance bits too lately, i'm trying to resist tongue.gif
    at 25yo i have other priorities but try not to neglect the Benz.

Draven
    Post #4

Thats pretty dam tidy!!! good job!!!

Stephen92
    Post #5

I really like it ! Makes me want one, they look so sleek even though they are quite old now

ITS2EZ
    Post #6

real neat dude thumbsup.gif

_Ben
    Post #7

Man that is badass!

McGnarly
    Post #8

can i ask what the mod plate is for?

StreekG
    Post #9

QUOTE (McGnarly @ Jan 25 2013, 12:56 PM) *
    can i ask what the mod plate is for?

Hong Kong import, imported to QLD where it was all done, found it's way to Melbourne where i bought it.

Thanks for the comments guys smile.gif

mark1414
    Post #10

QUOTE (StreekG @ Jan 25 2013, 02:49 PM) *
    Hong Kong import, imported to QLD where it was all done, found it's way to Melbourne where i bought it.

Thanks for the comments guys smile.gif

Thats not a compliance plate its a modification plate. Whats the code on it?

On the car, looks pretty cool but I would be so scared of anything breaking.

greencar06
    Post #11

Very nice smile.gif

StreekG
    Post #12

QUOTE (mark1414 @ Jan 25 2013, 02:52 PM) *
    Thats not a compliance plate its a modification plate. Whats the code on it?

On the car, looks pretty cool but I would be so scared of anything breaking.

I think it needed a side intrusion bar for Australia... Which is normal isn't it?
    I'm not sure why everyone questions the mod plate, but there is nothing wrong with the car, it's strong as anything, very good condition. Here. It was on the car when i bought it.

2. 15 YEAR OLD IMPORT

Any vehicle, fifteen years old or more, can be imported once an application has been granted by the Federal Office of Road Safety. No pre-conditions are required for import. An Authorised Person's inspection is necessary for these vehicles and can be carried out in three ways.

(a) If the owner can show that they satisfied pre-conditions, as for personally imported vehicle, then the L03 procedure can be adopted. However, if the vehicle was manufactured in 1972 or onwards, then an Exemption Certificate for not having a Compliance Plate is required.

(b) Alternatively, if the above pre-conditions cannot be met, then it will be necessary for an Authorised person to carry out a full ADR inspection and certification. That is, the vehicle must satisfy all the ADR's applicable at the build date of the vehicle.

This procedure is called LO1.

© Vehicles with a build date prior to 1972 do require an inspection by an Authorised Person. While the vehicle still has to comply with all ADR'S applicable to the vehicle's build date, no Exemption Certificate is required.

This procedure is called LO2.

In every case (a), (b), and © once a Modification Plate is fitted to the vehicle, a Roadworthy Certificate can be issued by an approved Inspection Station, assuming safety checks have been cleared.

The vehicle can then be registered following normal procedures.

So in other words, the car is safe smile.gif I've had it for almost 5 years

mark1414
    Post #13

QUOTE (StreekG @ Jan 25 2013, 06:50 PM) *
    I think it needed a side intrusion bar for Australia... Which is normal isn't it?
    I'm not sure why everyone questions the mod plate, but there is nothing wrong with the car, it's strong as anything, very good condition. Here. It was on the car when i bought it.

2. 15 YEAR OLD IMPORT

Any vehicle, fifteen years old or more, can be imported once an application has been granted by the Federal Office of Road Safety. No pre-conditions are required for import. An Authorised Person's inspection is necessary for these vehicles and can be carried out in three ways.

(a) If the owner can show that they satisfied pre-conditions, as for personally imported vehicle, then the L03 procedure can be adopted. However, if the vehicle was manufactured in 1972 or onwards, then an Exemption Certificate for not having a Compliance Plate is required.

(b) Alternatively, if the above pre-conditions cannot be met, then it will be necessary for an Authorised person to carry out a full ADR inspection and certification. That is, the vehicle must satisfy all the ADR's applicable at the build date of the vehicle.

This procedure is called LO1.

© Vehicles with a build date prior to 1972 do require an inspection by an Authorised Person. While the vehicle still has to comply with all ADR'S applicable to the vehicle's build date, no Exemption Certificate is required.

This procedure is called LO2.

In every case (a), (b), and © once a Modification Plate is fitted to the vehicle, a Roadworthy Certificate can be issued by an approved Inspection Station, assuming safety checks have been cleared.

The vehicle can then be registered following normal procedures.

So in other words, the car is safe smile.gif I've had it for almost 5 years

Ok fair enough. I don't think anyone was saying it is unsafe, you just get curious when you see a mod plate on an almost stock car. All the imports I have been in contact with have had the green or purple compliance plate but I don't really know much about it. So the car was a personal import?

StreekG
    Post #14

Yeah i'm pretty sure it was a personal import, i have all the paperwork filed away. The car used to be maroon, i bought it the colour it is now. It had a service history also, and had timing chain done right before i bought it, so that was good.

Series4
    Post #15

Mod plates for import approval is common

krayziebenno
    Post #16

tough as nails Merc. such a tidy example

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x