My 1996 Mitsubishi Galant Vr4 With Twin Turbo Goodness :p  

ridin500
  • ridin500
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 184,098
Post #1 post 16th December 2012 - 08:06 PM
Hey guys,

This is my pride and joy, the most fun I have ever had on 4 wheels wink.gif

So it is a 1996 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 powered by a 2.5L V6 Twin Turbo engine. The running gear is similar setup the Evo's running All Wheel Drive and AYC (Active Yaw Control). Basically when I bought this car in May 2011 it was bog stock and Automatic. This car has come a long way from where it used to be and I still have a little way to go before I reach my mark of 300AWHP or a mid 12 sec Quarter. Last run down the drags seen me out with a 13.14 @ 168.95km/h run biggrin.gif with what is expected to be about 190AWKW

Basic Stock information:
Engine - 6A13TT
Stock Flywheel power - 206KW
Safety Controls - TCL, ASC, AYC, ABS (Traction Control, Active Stability Control, Active Yaw Control)
Climate Control
Hi Vis Dash
Power Steering
Electric Windows
Control Locking
etc...

Mods completed:
-Manual Conversion (Best thing I ever did thumbsup.gif )
-KYB Lowered Shocks and Springs (Lowered 25mm Front, 16mm Rear) need more low tongue.gif
-Slotted Rotors all round with HPX Pads
-Custom Hard Intercooler Pipes
-FMIC 600x300x76
-Turbosmart 50/50 vent BOV
-Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
-3 Port Boost Solenoid
-Denso VK22 Plugs (re-gapped to 0.6mm)
-Ice Red Ignition Leads
-2.5" Stainless Steel Front Pipes
-3" Exhaust with Varex Adjustable Muffler with Twin 3" Tips
-Road Tuned to 16psi by Transperformance Mechanical Engineering (was tuned when Automatic with a bad exhaust leak)
-Custom Gauge Pod (running 3 gauges, Voltage, Oil Pressure and Boost)
-Carbon Wrapped Eyelids
-Carbon Wrapped Centre Dash panels (was Wood Grain)
-Painted Brake Callipers
-Painted Stock Rims
-Custom Leather Set covers (still waiting to arrive sad.gif )
-Custom leather Gear Knob

I have a set of Lenso Widetracks to put on it but they need a little bit of repairs to gutter rash and a new paint just plus rubber and ill have them on, was thinking of painting them Charcoal. One picture is of them on the car...

A few more modifications I'm planning to do is:
-MAF in pressure side with some customizing current hard pipes and custom my intake pre-turbos.
-Repair Lenso Rims and wrap in new rubber
-Custom Individual Coil Packs
-Retune with more boost and Anti-Lag
-Engine Oil relocation with Oil Cooler
-Battery Relocation to boot
-Evo 9 rear wing (or leave clean)
-Body kit
-Custom Vent in Hood
-Respray car
-Repair damaged section of dash
-Re-Wrap carbon parts of dash
-Carbon Wrap weather shields
-Full soundsystem

Also a video of my 13.14 run agains my old bosses 240rwkw Commy biggrin.gif... Enjoy

This post has been edited by ridin500: Dec 16 2012, 08:24 PM

Twat In The Hat
Post #2

Love it man! Nice work.

basscreator89
Post #3

Oh hells yeah, love seeing VR4's

no enough love is given to them.

NIce pics too mate, must have had a real pro photographer take them for ya mamoru.gif

ridin500
Post #4

Voted

mc-lovin92
Post #5

Voted

88BIN
Post #6

Voted

ridin500
Post #7

Voted

Republic2
Post #8

Hi, I'm looking at getting a vr4 Galant 1996, but I've heard that it overheats if driven look distance, burns fuel, and is prone to breaking down? Its has 160,000km on it and in great condition. If i could get the facts from a actual owner that would be so awesome.

By the way I'm really keen at getting it!!

mark.sanne.3
Post #9

Overheating will not happen as long as you keep coolant fresh, radiator & fans stock functioning. I own one, have owned 2, never got it to overheat for a sec and I drove many autobahn miles smile.gif Burns fuel: yes. 1 litre will bring you on a light right foot on long distances usually 8 or 9 kms. If your right foot is heavy it goes down to 7 or 6 kms... However, that is for an automatic (most common). For manual add 1km easy. Breaking down: not so much, BUT: these are at least 12-16 year old cars so parts that can wear out will wear so bearings, AYC pump, suspension arms bushes and ball joints, CV joints, radiator are all prone to breaking down due to age as with any other car with such age/miles on it. Actually most performance cars will be MORE prone to need replacing of such parts (except for the straight lower suspension arm/joint which is a bit of a let down and need to be replaced more often than you'd want). So all in all: this IS a performance car, and they're getting older so be sure to have some money at hand if service history is unknown or it's badly serviced.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x