Vsr16's Hyundai Veloster Turbo  

BlueSwiftGTi
  • BlueSwiftGTi
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 182,796
Post #1 post 16th December 2012 - 01:13 AM
Hey all,

Just for shits and giggles I thought I'd throw my new car in here to show. It's a 2012 Hyundai Veloster Turbo in Marmalade Chameleon Paint.

1.6L-Turbo 4 Cylinder 201hp stock
18x8.5 +40 Rota Grid Drifts in Flat Black
Generic Pod Filter
Fabricated Mild Steel Axleback Straight Pipe Exhaust
1.25" Storm Springs Drop
4200K Headlight and Foglight Bulbs (No HID - don't want any trouble with the fuzz mamoru.gif)

Still going to be doing a little tweaking to the exhaust to get a bit more volume and tone but apart from that I'll be happy with car - when an ECU Tune becomes available to bump up the power and when some bigger bolt ons come along to make some more power that'll be going on too. hsdance.gif

Hope you like thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by BlueSwiftGTi: Dec 23 2012, 01:35 AM

jre35
Post #2

Such a virgin machine

jo88
Post #3

how much is something like this worth?

Stephen92
Post #4

QUOTE (jre35 @ Dec 16 2012, 08:52 PM) *
Such a virgin machine

bowrofl.gif

BAM!
Post #5

These things are really growing on me... What's the future hold in terms of mods? Would be good to see what kind of power you could get out of her with a few little tweaks and a set of coilovers.

BlueSwiftGTi
Post #6

Lol people are so judgemental. I enjoy it and that's what counts. smile.gif

There is some aftermarket coming out slowly, this car will benefit alot from a tune - runs extremely rich at WOT so would be good to use that extra fuel for some extra power, intercooler should improve a little too. When I got the exhaust done it improved feel a bit and I hope to see something similar with the resonator delete. There's still experiments being done and ideas thrown around but hopefully there's some decent gains to be made here and there down the track!

ajaay.
Post #7

Voted

88BIN
Post #8

Needs more low! but sooooo pretttty biggrin.gif

BlueSwiftGTi
Post #9

88BIN - Low being done on Sunday smile.gif Will be at the downshift meet too with it all done!

ajaay - thanks! smile.gif

CApower
Post #10

Nice looking ride but I seriously doubt it makes even close to 201hp at the wheels stock.

BAM!
Post #11

QUOTE (CApower @ Dec 18 2012, 08:35 PM) *
Nice looking ride but I seriously doubt it makes even close to 201hp at the wheels stock.

They certainly do. Look at factory specs.

Veloster Specs Sheet

driftin247
Post #12

lol would be 150kw at the flywheel

BAM!
Post #13

QUOTE (driftin247 @ Dec 18 2012, 08:50 PM) *
lol would be 150kw at the flywheel

No sh!t. Nowhere did the OP say that it was 201hp at the wheels....

sick32RB20
Post #14

What's the purpose of having two doors on only one side?

BlueSwiftGTi
Post #15

It means easy access to the back seat on the rare occasion you have passengers and it's also always on street side so no one is getting in on the street. I didn't buy it because of that though, I would have preferred a pure 2 door.

RB25_lovin
Post #16

i like it!

bakamono
Post #17

could u please show us the engine bay? really liking hyundai nowadays tongue.gif

BlueSwiftGTi
Post #18

My car is getting lowered today just in time for the Downshift meet smile.gif

As for the engine bay pic: here you go, it's close enough to mine, the only change i've got is a pod filter lol.

BlueSwiftGTi
Post #19

Lowered!

Veloster SR turbo
Post #20

hey buddy hows the veloster going now? has the CAI had any ill effects on the car itself? worried it wont be healthy with stock tune. im looking to get CAI and turbo back system and better intercooler (if reccomended by tuner) and prob leave it at that but cant seem to find anyone that can tune these cars yet without replacing the ECU. hows the exhaust sound!?

BlueSwiftGTi
Post #21

Hey Veloster, the car is doing very well. Exhaust sounds great and it's just a pod filter to add that induction sound, no ill effects at all. I am waiting for a good tuner to do get a tune made up because there isn't anything out yet at all - only if you replace the ECU as you mentioned. What colour and transmission is yours? Also - are you on the Veloster forum (veloster.org)?

Veloster SR turbo
Post #22

QUOTE (BlueSwiftGTi @ Jan 6 2013, 05:38 PM) *
Hey Veloster, the car is doing very well. Exhaust sounds great and it's just a pod filter to add that induction sound, no ill effects at all. I am waiting for a good tuner to do get a tune made up because there isn't anything out yet at all - only if you replace the ECU as you mentioned. What colour and transmission is yours? Also - are you on the Veloster forum (veloster.org)?

hey mate, mine is manual and black, really wanted to go for that black on black look! on the lookout to pic up some Rota wheels aswell (dont worry not the grids!) ive replaced stock filter with K&N panel made slight sound improvement but i was worried bout throwing the pod on incase of ill effects to the ecu. really want the induction noise a bit louder tho! wanna post a pic of how u done the pod so i can see where u mounted it! probably follow suit! hanging out for someone to tune these pocket rockets so i can do the upgrades i wanna do.

im also located in the sydney area but havent joined to veloster.org forums as i havent seen to much useful info on there or activity. where u located? and do u find the other forums any good?

Veloster SR turbo
Post #23

oh and i did jump on the veloster forum now also, same name

02comma
Post #24

not one door is the same size as another one on these things haha

wolfman101
Post #25

Fan, but why on earth did you lose the much better standard wheels?

BlueSwiftGTi
Post #26

Standard wheels weren't really my thing with the plastic chrome and I've always wanted the TE37 style rims since I first saw them.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x