Hq Ute Build Thread. - Another one!  

Page 3 of 3
Jump to page
Be-Hating
Post #71

Yeah dude, I'm happy considering it's my first time weld an exhaust.

Who's next? tongue.gif

Be-Hating
Post #72

Hey all, Another update.

Because I'm running gilmer belt drives I have to run thermo fans. I was first going to run AU Ford falcon thermos but they rub against the gilmers so i went and bought a single 14" fan and have put that on which "TheRandomHero" Is wiring up for me along with my tri guages and tacho. So that's sorted. I also picked up some black door trims which I'll get around to putting on. Hopeing to do the interior all black so vinyl spray will come in handy again.

Also bled the brakes today and got that sorted, Just a few little things like New ball joints, connect head lights and other misc wiring and then It'll be time for a RWC and rego. Hopefully before or just after xmas.

Anyway heres some progress pics after giving it a wash.

75 KINGSWOOD
Post #73

nice

DeadSled
Post #74

Unusual that you've got a HQ ute with a HX / HZ / WB steering column in the car..

CAM-327
Post #75

Eh, things funk out, if ya need something straight away and you have something laying around that will work then yeah.. Same as ya 186 Nick.

Deu55
Post #76

Wow coming along great,you'll be cruzing in no time.You have done a lot in a short amount of time....Rod

Be-Hating
Post #77

Hey guise. Time for a update.

Today I pulled the front end apart again and removed the upper/ lower control arms so they can go have new ball joints pressed in and will also be buying new shocks tomorrow as the current ones are on the shittier side of fcuked. Also bought a 2" carb spacer and made my own "cold air induction" from crinkly plastic tubing. Next on the list will be plates, Wheel alignment and rwc/ rego! ...... I hope.

Cheers

moparguy
Post #78

The Shadow would be in awe of your crinkle pipe skills !

Looking good thumbsup.gif

Be-Hating
Post #79

I don't get it....but thanks. :/

Anyway Ot:

Every things back together. New Nolathane bushes and ball joints as well as new shocks. Also lowered the front a little so will now have to get the rears reset sometime. And for shits and giggles I cut a hole in the bonnet to fit my 9" x 6" air cleaner thats sitting on top of a 2" carb spacer. Will probably be running that out the bonnet set up on days like nostaligas, 6 banger nats and maybe munchies/kosmos etc. But undecided because my cold air intake would be useless! Looks pretty cool/tough I reckon though haha! Gave it a wash and heres how it sits.

HarlzC
Post #80

Looking good cuz. thumbsup.gif It's still no commodore though. wink.gif hahahha

Be-Hating
Post #81

hahaha. You need to put injection stacks out the bonnet of your logan hauler.

Be-Hating
Post #82

Hey all,

Long time! Anyway, I finally got the ute on the road, Drove it around and gave it a good hiding. That only lasted about a month and along with all the other troubles I had with it I ended up snapping a valve which then bounced around in the number 3 cylinder cracking between the valves and also cracking the bore. So the head and block were rubbish. I was going to find another motor to wack back in there but the plans changed, I stripped the motor down, Took everything I put on the car off ( Wheel, guages etc ) And sold it for what I bought it for.

Anyway, Heres some pics of it.

When I first got it on the road:

A night of being mean to it:

And the end result:

Now regret selling it!

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 3 of 3
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x