Hot Chilli - if you cant handle the heat stay out of the chilli patch  

Page 3 of 4
Jump to page
happycamper
Post #71

QUOTE (happycamper @ Jun 1 2012, 07:40 AM) *
Last night I was like "funk it... imma get the medium heat old el Paso taco sauce."

Now that is reckless.

Stepped it up a notch the other day. Went hot old el paso taco sauce.

Whatever I don't give a fuck

Jay-Cee
Post #72

i bought some of the worlds hottest chill sauce, its called Mongoose Hot Sauce. And it is the hottest thing i have ever had!! Literally gives you mouth olsers from just a little swab on a toothpick!

synesthesia
Post #73

I gave the inferno pizza from Pizza Capers a go and found it to be pretty bloody hot, not a problem for my mouth but made my eyes cry and my sinuses run for an hour. Plus I went to bed curled in the fetal position with the feeling of lava in my guts.

I did tell the guy at the shop that I loved hot food, I think he put a shitload of sauce on it so as not to disappoint me.

Interestingly when I spoke to the guy at OzyMex in Byron he said the sauce they developed for Pizza Capers to use on those pizzas was more than three times as hot as their regular habanero sauce. It's made up of 50% of the usual sauce ingredients and the other 50% is straight chilli concentrate.

synesthesia
Post #74

I gave the inferno pizza from Pizza Capers a go and found it to be pretty bloody hot, not a problem for my mouth but made my eyes cry and my sinuses run for an hour. Plus I went to bed curled in the fetal position with the feeling of lava in my guts.

I did tell the guy at the shop that I loved hot food, I think he put a shitload of sauce on it so as not to disappoint me.

Interestingly when I spoke to the guy at OzyMex in Byron he said the sauce they developed for Pizza Capers to use on those pizzas was more than three times as hot as their regular habanero sauce. It's made up of 50% of the usual sauce ingredients and the other 50% is straight chilli concentrate.

hate_
Post #75

We had pizza at work late at work the other night and thought I'd throw in a Inferno. One of the poor guys was on the phone when I got back with the pizza's and just picked up a piece not realising it was an inferno, got half way into the slice then stopped and said he would have to call the person back laugh.gif I have never seem someone sweat so much from a bald head.

I've noticed they don't hand out the gloves and kit any more sad.gif

35NIK
Post #76

QUOTE (Manic 180 @ Jun 2 2012, 12:38 PM) *

Found three ready to go, they are all yours.

They look scary! I want to start trying some hotter chili's. I smash nando's extra hot on everything I eat lol. but that's small peanuts compared to Ghost's.

hate_
Post #77

Bumping an old thread. A friend gave me a packet of Ghost Chilli's last week so I could start growing my own. Tasted 1 seed as a test and thought meh nothing special don't know what all the fuss was about.

Decided to chop up a bunch and blended them in with some tomato sauce to put on 2 hot dogs... Worst Decision in 2012

Got half way though the 1st hot dog, started getting the sweats about half way though but soldiered through it. My mouth started to burn and burn and was getting hotter and hotter, Started running towards the fridge for some milk but had to bypass to the bathroom to what felt like throwing up molten lava, It's 2 times hotter coming up than it was going down. Finally made it to the fridge, and started drinking the 2ltr milk, however as soon as the milk was in my mouth it would turn hot sad.gif. Last thing I remember is laying on the couch and woke up with an empty bottle of milk.

I've planted most of the seeds on the weekend so hopefully should get some plants going.

Twat In The Hat
Post #78

Hahahahahaha!!!! ^^^ Best post laugh.gif

Made my housemates 18 year old friend eat a dried ghost chilli. Yes.. the WHOLE chilli. Made her chew it for about 30ish seconds. Funniest f'king thing I've ever seen.

moparguy
Post #79

hate_ on you tube in 30 years wavey.gif

hate_
Post #80

I have a feeling it must burn the nerves in your mouth and tongue. I just tried to eat 1/8th of the 2nd hot dog little pieces at a time for lunch. I was sweating like a fat man running a 5k run and started getting the shakes. However it defiantly didn't feel as hot in my mouth ?

BAM!
Post #81

I like the TASTE of chilli. I dont like the BURN. A little heat is nice. But to the point where it's literal pain, yea nah f**k that.

hate_
Post #82

Grow my pretties

Not bad for 4-5 days.

moparguy
Post #83

Chilli plants ? Yeah right ! laugh.gif wink.gif

Twat In The Hat
Post #84

QUOTE (hate_ @ Dec 14 2012, 09:31 AM) *
Grow my pretties

Not bad for 4-5 days.

Ok now I am not a green thumb at all. I mean sh!t, I think I could kill a plastic plant.. But I just bought 50 ghost chilli seeds that should be here today/Monday.

So many different techniques out there. How do I turn seed into plant? Last time I threw them all into the veggie patch. ALL. 50. SEEDS. Not a single f**ker sprouted.

hate_
Post #85

It's a piece of piss Max,

Just get a plastic container about 10cm deep x 30 x 30 Fill it about 6cms high with potting mix.
Get your seeds, soak them in water for 20minutes.
Poke holes with your finger about 20mm deep about 30mm apart.
Put the soaked seeds in and cover them up.
Throw a bit of fertiliser on top and place in a warm humid place ( I put mine on top of the hot water system)
Then make sure the soil is moist but not soaked(water once a day)

Ghost chillies are apparently very easy to grow is what the guy told me who gave me the seeds

I think why your last ones didn't grow is you need to germinate them first before putting them in a garden patch.
As someone pointed out this website pretty much tells you everything.
http://growingchillies.net/category/growing-chillies/

Twat In The Hat
Post #86

cheers big ears, will do it once they arrive. if it works well, i will have a forest of ghost chilli plants!!

~Mikko~
Post #87

I've recently purchased seeds for the top 5 hottest chillies in the world...

Currently have several of each growing in small pots. I get a 8/10 sprout rate from seeds from wildchilli.com.au

Moruga Scorpion
Douglah chocolate 7 pot
Jonah 7 Pot
Trinidad Scorpion
Bhut Jolokia

Gonna make some almighty Chilli sauce once I get fruit from each... I'm thinkin of callin it "ring sting" haha

Attached File  image.jpg ( 90.67K ) Number of downloads: 1

BlueDog
Post #88

QUOTE (~Mikko~ @ Dec 15 2012, 08:16 AM) *
I've recently purchased seeds for the top 5 hottest chillies in the world...

Currently have several of each growing in small pots. I get a 8/10 sprout rate from seeds from wildchilli.com.au

Moruga Scorpion
Douglah chocolate 7 pot
Jonah 7 Pot
Trinidad Scorpion
Bhut Jolokia

Gonna make some almighty Chilli sauce once I get fruit from each... I'm thinkin of callin it "ring sting" haha

HAHAHAHAHA YOU BASTARD! bowrofl.gif bowrofl.gif bowrofl.gif

I went to wildchilli.com.au and was not expecting that.

Well played.

Eugene Dickins
Post #89

laugh.gif

BlueDog
Post #90

Just ordered some Jalapeno and some Red Ghost seeds.

This will be my first time growing chilli's so I will see how I go.

~Mikko~
Post #91

I mix soaked peat moss in the bottom of a plastic cup (holes at bottom) with a centimeter of soaked 50/50-peatmoss/topsoil ontop. Then in another container mix topsoil with a bit of water and fish emulsion.
Leave both to sit for aday to let the nutrients work into the soil. Which is goo cause to garuntee sprout rates ur gonna wanna germinate the seeds (place a few drops of water into the saddybag that ur seeds come in and sit in a warm spot for a day before planting. So you do all this on day 1... Day two put 2-3 germinated seeds ontop of the topsoil/miss mix in the cup. Cover with 10-15ml of the emulsion topsoil mix. Sit in the sun and water once daily giving a good soaking...

The peat moss at the bottom holds ur moisture, the 50/50 is a good root base and the fertilized topsoil really boosts growth. Ina week sprouts reach 2-3cm

toomanytoys
Post #92

my habs have gone nuts, my jalaneno 's have also gone off, tried one today fresh.fukn hot actually , really good bite first hab coming off in the morning. heaps more already hanging and plenty more flowers yay. waiting for choc habs and scorpions aswell

toomanytoys
Post #93

just bought my first ghost today biggrin.gif , from bunnings of all places. anybody else got problems with ants and afids ?

Nothingman
Post #94

Just potted some Haboneros, note to future self wash hands more than 3 times before taking a piss.

~Mikko~
Post #95

Ants will come rob ur fertisiler... Put array of water around wateva ur plants r in and sit ur pots on rocks to keep out of the water

toomanytoys
Post #96

habs still going nuts, first and only ghost so far nearly ready to come off.
Nah ants are placing the afids Mikko . but nothing so far gets rid of them, iv tried all the natural shit. chilli and washing detergent and olive oil and garlic and pyrethrum and white oil and flea dust . but nothing gets rid of these little bastards.

toomanytoys
Post #97

hmmm. . chilli chat . Ghosts have gone nuts and ive used a heap for cooking, but will say coming to a resteraunt soon . ;-) I also now have the butch t and trinidad scorpion in very healthy shape but yet to yield . infinity peppers red and yellow habs. things are definatly spicy round here.

hate_
Post #98

How long before your Ghosts started growing peppers ?
These babies are I think almost 2 months old now

toomanytoys
Post #99

Yeah time to give them some room dude mine is in a 20 litre pot. They look healthy as hell though . Mine threw first flowers and a dozen or so chilli s at about double the size of yours. You ll have tons with that many plants :-)

wolfman101
Post #100

I'll never get this hey. I like food that tastes good.

toomanytoys
Post #101

I'm actually a mad food fan aswell. But I also like hot :-)

hate_
Post #102

Yeah I just moved them out, going to bunnings to pick up a bunch of massive pots to put them in on the weekend smile.gif

It's funny the first batch I tried to go I put them in expensive soil, and bought the right fertilizers etc. They all died within 4 weeks.. These guys I just left and gave them water and they have blossomed. One of them even got knocked about 2 meters on the floor and lost all its leaves. within 4 days it was growing new leaves smile.gif

You probably don't get a lot of things in life that other people do Wolfie wink.gif

wolfman101
Post #103

I have not the slightest idea if that was a dig or not.

mark1414
Post #104

Fight

wolfman101
Post #105

TEST YOUR MIGHT

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 3 of 4
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x