Hot Chilli - if you cant handle the heat stay out of the chilli patch  

Page 2 of 4
Jump to page
tih2ho
Post #36

QUOTE (Manic 180 @ Jun 3 2012, 10:40 AM) *
Tih2ho, capsicum extract acctually has no flavor. Just heat. I suppose it depends what your after but for me heat with out the flavor is pointless.

yes, little crystals aren't really a sauce just a source of heat, but if one was to mix it with perhaps other sauces and spices in say for example, a steak marinade then it makes everything worthwhile imo.

Feel the Pain biggrin.gif

Bug Boy
Post #37

I've never understood why some people like chilli so much. Yeah maybe some mild stuff to add to food to make it a little spicy. That's good. But when there is so much where all you can taste is burning, I don't see the point.

the shadow
Post #38

It's a total aphrodesiac.The sex is just so much better after a nice chilli dinner. Although, I find that a medium chilli dinner is much more enjoyable with the afterdinner "excercise" then a mega hot chilli dish.

It works by releasing the andorphines from the brain to give that "feel good" pleasure.

synesthesia
Post #39

It's also proven to be psychologically beneficial as a 'safe' risk for people to take. Living on the edge without any real chance of injury. That is, unless your method of consumption is to rub a split open chilli in and around your anus.

toomanytoys
Post #40

what the hell just happened ? . .

Catapult
Post #41

QUOTE (synesthesia @ Jun 3 2012, 06:12 PM) *
It's also proven to be psychologically beneficial as a 'safe' risk for people to take. Living on the edge without any real chance of injury. That is, unless your method of consumption is to rub a split open chilli in and around your anus.

I always thought it was super safe untill i made a chilli con carne with waaaaay too much heat, in the middle of the night my entire body turned on my and had me on the toilet something chronic, my butt hurt so much that i thought about sitting in a bowl of milk with no pants on

fingerbanger
Post #42

QUOTE (Catapult @ Jun 4 2012, 02:41 PM) *
I always thought it was super safe untill i made a chilli con carne with waaaaay too much heat, in the middle of the night my entire body turned on my and had me on the toilet something chronic, my butt hurt so much that i thought about sitting in a bowl of milk with no pants on

That's why gays should eat more chilli, at least then they'd know what their bunghole was supposed to be used for!

32 MKV
Post #43

I really really want spicy food now sad.gif

32 MKV
Post #44

I got nandos by the way...

GraveDigga
Post #45

my new baby a trinidad moruga scorpion seedling at 8 weeks

synesthesia
Post #46

Nice.

Last year all of my chilli plants died over the winter, hoping I have better luck this year.

GraveDigga
Post #47

thats not good mate was it too cold for them ? or was it something else ?

Nickk
Post #48

http://www.hotsauceworld.com/bl6amrepeexe.html

16million scovilles smile.gif

GraveDigga
Post #49

speaking of scoville units here what cops spray at ya vs the ghost chilli !

2,000,000-5,300,000 Standard U.S. Grade pepper spray[6], FN 303 irritant ammunition
855,000-1,050,000 naga jolokia[7][8][9][10]

toomanytoys
Post #50

QUOTE (GraveDigga @ Jun 4 2012, 06:15 PM) *
my new baby a trinidad moruga scorpion seedling at 8 weeks

Thats looking very healthy, do you keep it inside over winter ? also what is it planted in, im finding potting mix is not really ideal, Think ill be going for the soil and compost mix for my next lot.

Gassed250
Post #51

I have heaps of chili plants and love anything hot

Plants i have growing now

red savina habanero
Orange habanero
Bhut Jolokia
Butch T Scorp
Cayanne
Piquen
Tobasco
Big Jims

and a few other mild types, i have around 40 plants in total

My big Orange hab plant is real viscous, the older it gets the hotter the pods become
Also I have realized that you need to give them minimal water, to much and the pods taste bitter and wont be as hot

I was giving a goo tip a while back that works well, Chili plants love coffee grounds (full of nitrogen) and things like ants and aphids hate it

Im yet to sample the bhut and butch as its not time for them yet but im eager as

if you got a bottle of vodka sitting around drop a halved hab in the bottle and let it sit, it will give you a nice kick

GraveDigga
Post #52

QUOTE (toomanytoys @ Jun 9 2012, 09:58 AM) *
Thats looking very healthy, do you keep it inside over winter ? also what is it planted in, im finding potting mix is not really ideal, Think ill be going for the soil and compost mix for my next lot.

Its inside at the moment i take it outside when its sunny and i have fertilised with fish emoulsion
i will need to repot it soon so im tinkering with a custom soil mix

Gassed250
Post #53

QUOTE (GraveDigga @ Jun 10 2012, 08:28 AM) *
Its inside at the moment i take it outside when its sunny and i have fertilised with fish emoulsion
i will need to repot it soon so im tinkering with a custom soil mix

potting mix chook poo and horse poo mix it up and let it sit for a few weeks before re-potting, your plant will go nuts

toomanytoys
Post #54

yep afids and ants love my bloody plants, i have tried the natural remedy (dishwashing liquid olive oil and water) but it really isn't that effective, i think i'm going to go for the real pestaside next. Also epsom salts and water sprayed on every second week is supposed to make them go off, i'll let you know. I have used fish emulsion (charlie carp) and it's pretty good. I also use a plant starter, which gives wicked root growth very fast .

fingerbanger
Post #55

I use charlie carp on my habs..They love it.
I also use a chemical insecticide but vary sparingly.

GraveDigga
Post #56

~UPDATE~ now just over 9 weeks old has had two drinks of smelly fish emoulsionin past week and watered daily from bottom up

TTS
Post #57

QUOTE (Manic 180 @ Jun 2 2012, 12:38 PM) *

Found three ready to go, they are all yours.

Oh sh!t those are still growing in the backyard of my grandparents house.

NEVER EVER get that sh!t in your eyes.

synesthesia
Post #58

Not only do I have to contend with grasshoppers eating my chilli plants, but it seems my staffy cross has been pulling the fruit from my orange habaneros and eating them... certainly explains why there's usually one very runny dog turd to scoop up along with the others in the backyard.

toomanytoys
Post #59

hmm thinking about a heat mat, for germination. There's a few good cheap options about.
Does anyone have issues with cross pollination ? from fruiting plants.

Twat In The Hat
Post #60

Who has ghost chilli seeds and wants to sell me some via mail?

V3N0M
Post #61

I ate a Naga skin once
Missus Dad thought it'd be funny to tell me it was a normal chilli
I funking hallucinated for funking ages

toomanytoys
Post #62

QUOTE (Twat In The Hat @ Jun 19 2012, 10:57 PM) *
Who has ghost chilli seeds and wants to sell me some via mail?

dude there's some awsome links been posted so far, i think a few are down your way, what type of naga are you after?

QUOTE (V3N0M @ Jun 20 2012, 02:08 AM) *
I ate a Naga skin once
Missus Dad thought it'd be funny to tell me it was a normal chilli
I funking hallucinated for funking ages

my mate recons he hallucinates off my warm chilli but he breathes like he's hyper ventilating so not surprising really.

I'm still keen for those ghosts mr manic but i havent managed to get that far northside yet eek3.gif

RB25_lovin
Post #63

QUOTE (TTS @ Jun 14 2012, 11:07 PM) *
Oh sh!t those are still growing in the backyard of my grandparents house.

NEVER EVER get that sh!t in your eyes.

ughhh only once.

Twat In The Hat
Post #64

Naga Jolokia. Yeah that's the one.

jo88
Post #65

isnt it funny how birds dont feel the pain of the chilli smile.gif

toomanytoys
Post #66

up . . . . . .
Time to plant again people. Ive even extended to radishes this time. Still ususal habs and a couple of halla 's if they take off and naga or 7 pot
Im using different medium this year. Iv'e gone for coir mulch combo and bigger pots .

fingerbanger
Post #67

QUOTE (toomanytoys @ Sep 11 2012, 07:12 PM) *
up . . . . . .
Time to plant again people. Ive even extended to radishes this time. Still ususal habs and a couple of halla 's if they take off and naga or 7 pot
Im using different medium this year. Iv'e gone for coir mulch combo and bigger pots .

I planted my Butch T seeds a couple of weeks ago in normal potting mix and still nothing popping up. I've got a feeling the mix was a bit too course for the little buggers to get through. sad.gif
I planted my Habs in the same sort of mix and didn't have any issues with them.

toomanytoys
Post #68

QUOTE (fingerbanger @ Sep 12 2012, 11:11 AM) *
I planted my Butch T seeds a couple of weeks ago in normal potting mix and still nothing popping up. I've got a feeling the mix was a bit too course for the little buggers to get through. sad.gif
I planted my Habs in the same sort of mix and didn't have any issues with them.

Nah mate the butch T's can take a while to pop up its pretty common. Seems some of the hotter species take a bit more time, Habs are pretty reliable and geezus i'll never run out of tai or kayens they grow like weeds. . . . and jalapenos sprout pretty fast awswell.

on a side note my radishes have been in for about 3 days they are an inch tall already and harvest is 4 to 6 weeks.

fingerbanger
Post #69

QUOTE (toomanytoys @ Sep 12 2012, 04:36 PM) *
Nah mate the butch T's can take a while to pop up its pretty common. Seems some of the hotter species take a bit more time, Habs are pretty reliable and geezus i'll never run out of tai or kayens they grow like weeds. . . . and jalapenos sprout pretty fast awswell.

on a side note my radishes have been in for about 3 days they are an inch tall already and harvest is 4 to 6 weeks.

They popped up a day after a posted that lol.
Only 2 of the 4 though. I hope the others come up soon.

newplaya
Post #70

im sure being a chilli nut you have heard of neil and his cast iron mouth. Give them a email they can get you nearly any seed

http://www.thehippyseedcompany.com/

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 4
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x