Hot Chilli - if you cant handle the heat stay out of the chilli patch  

Page 4 of 4
Jump to page
vk134
Post #106

I think if you google it, there was a study done on peoples various reactions to capsaicin, it seemed to show a genetic link was stronger than cultural. I think they are all measured on the scoville scale and rated off that. to quantify the results.

Odd fact, mammals react strongly to the capsaicin in peppers and chillis, yet birds show no reaction at all.

wolfman101
Post #107

I'm not particularly effected by Chilli. I'd say if there is a 1-10 scale of natural tolerance maybe I'm a 6.5 based on experience with others?
All the same, I just just don't get all this "look how huge my dick is, I can hurt myself" stuff. It's a food, you use it to make things taste better.
Then again, I've never understood people proudly going on about how wasted they got last night, so I'm just a f'king weirdo I guess.

fearlesss
Post #108

No it wasn't a dig lol, I think there are just some people who are chilli nuts and some people who aren't ?
You don't have a clue if you are comparing this to a dick measuring contest.
Eating chillis is a RUSHHHH.. its exciting, it's not really pain its adrenaline.
There is obviously a point though were some people take it beyond enjoying hot food and it is pain. This is probably mad dog 365 hot sauce, I tasted that, and it was not enjoyable at all.

wolfman101
Post #109

I dunno, like I tried t eat that "worlds hottest burger" thing at Cleveland a few years back...I got 2 bites in and remember thinking: "Why? Why couldn't they make this thing devastatingly hot but also delicious?" It was just a patty (with the sauce cooked in there too) and some raw onion. It existed purely to BE hot, not to taste good AND be hot.

fearlesss
Post #110

That is honestly the worlds worst tasting burger, Yeah it is hot, but it also tastes like S#$T
I think you are right their goal was to make something extremely hot and not care about the taste.
however plenty of restaurants have done it the other way around.

Pepe's Mexican at Jindalee. You know when they put a smiley face and "good luck" on your take away that it is going to be an interesting meal lol.

The Silver Key Thai at Ipswich. You know they have issues when customers bring in their own chillies for them to test their dishes with.

toomanytoys
Post #111

yeah that burger is not particularly nice, nor would i really rate the sauce as nice, Its far to concentrated and overpowering. The rush as it's been called is actually a release of endorphines and its also very good for you. There should soon be ghost chilli meatballs around the general bris area and i assure you they will taste nice, yet you most likely wont finish them. :-)

fearlesss
Post #112

Lol, is this the place you are supplying ? Hit me up when they are available

toomanytoys
Post #113

yeah, just goto get the recipe sorted, and another decent batch or 2 of chilli's and it should become available. Da bomb is another very potent but not overpowering sauce if your looking for additional flavors ;-)

toomanytoys
Post #115

lol. Its sussex . . . . The capsaicin (hot stuff) is actually said to layer the stomach and protect it from its own acid. as for the allergic reactions well. . . .it is what it is. lol. 9.2 million scoville's is absolutly nuts though. . it must be soooooooo concentrated. I wouldn't like to be in the kitchen for that one.

fearlesss
Post #116

20 plants of pain smile.gif

toomanytoys
Post #117

nice work. I think you'll need bigger pots again though. Iv'e started to plant them in the ground, just to give them enough space. They all look healthy though.

Yev Kasem
Post #118

There is a chilli cook off today at kettle and tin in paddo

http://kettleandtin.com.au/news-events/2nd...hilli-cook-off/

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 4 of 4
Jump to page
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x