Page 51 of 53
Jump to page
The Governor
Post #1751

Medieval Land Fun Time World

Chris
Post #1752

QUOTE (The Governor @ Oct 19 2013, 02:23 PM) *
Ok here is a study on different effects drugs have on spiders...

20th Century called...

Love me some AK47 toting Arab drifters, try this is your mums Honda Accord.

TXR05
Post #1753

QUOTE (Chris @ Oct 19 2013, 03:36 PM) *
20th Century called...

Love me some AK47 toting Arab drifters, try this is your mums Honda Accord.
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="468" width="625" data="https://www.youtube.com/v/dGt0RnZcO88"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/dGt0RnZcO88"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain"><param name="quality" value="best"><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF"><param name="scale" value="noScale"><param name="salign" value="TL"><param name="FlashVars" value="playerMode=embedded" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/></object>

19th Century called....

Wait were video cameras around then?

alpharx7
Post #1754

thought this was interesting, and well overdue.......

http://food.ninemsn.com.au/news/8746082/re...s-in-45-seconds

'Reverse microwave' refrigerates drinks in 45 seconds

A UK company has released the world's first "reverse microwave", capable of taking a drink from room temperature to frosty in 45 seconds.

It works by producing a vortex of cold water and spinning the bottle or can around in it. A special type of vortex called a Rankine vortex (actually a combination of a free and forced vortex) is used to prevent carbonated beverages from exploding everywhere when opened.

You just put your drink in there, tell the cooler what type and size of container it's in, and distract yourself for 45 seconds until it's ice-cold and ready to go.

The research behind the invention was funded by a grant from the European Union, who have their priorities in order, keeping their drinks cool while battling struggling economies, austerity measures and spying scandals.

The low-energy fast-acting cooler is produced by a company called V-Tex, and promises to revolutionise how we refrigerate drinks. There's a consumer version that can sit on a bench top, and a commercial one that can be fitted in existing coolers, refrigerated transports and cool-rooms.

The invention is expected to save both energy and money, especially for retailers. It uses 54 percent less power than a glass-door fridge. Refrigeration across the EU consumes enough energy annually to power 20 million homes for a year.

The Governor
Post #1755

A CO2 fire extinguisher works faster then 45sec.

Attached File  1383003114_img_7240785247802.jpeg ( 27.26K ) Number of downloads: 3

vk134
Post #1756

QUOTE (alpharx7 @ Oct 28 2013, 05:11 PM) *
thought this was interesting, and well overdue.......

http://food.ninemsn.com.au/news/8746082/re...s-in-45-seconds

I like that girl, first things she does is chill down a beer to go shopping, then the sparkling as soon as she gets home, lol.

But on a more serious note, the refrigeration costs are a killer for the supermarkets, local IGA closed and is changing to Woolies as the electricity price rises have killed of any profitability, more than 70% of their bill was refrigeration. I've always looked at the open freezers etc and thought what a waste of energy, why isn't that area compartmentalised off to a coolroom area, glass faced cabinets for fast moving lines, but the rest sealed off.

An even bigger leap forward would be the frozen food section is just a touchscreen panel, you just pick and choose your order, they can do all the marketing wankery at that point, but all frozen goods are ready at the checkout section as you leave. It's not like there is some special need to look at frozen goods unlike fresh food. They are just an item that doesn't fit the home delivery model well, so can't see it being eliminated.

The Governor
Post #1757

Old idea is old.
I remember about 17 odd years ago I used to go to Perigian Beach every 2nd weekend and the corner store/bottleshops had a instant bottle chiller machine which would chill to the desired temp in a min or so.

Not what above but same same

They even have ones that chill while you pour..

But agreed with Vk about putting doors on the open fridges in the supermarkets.

mark1414
Post #1758

QUOTE (The Governor @ Oct 29 2013, 05:02 PM) *
Old idea is old.
I remember about 17 odd years ago I used to go to Perigian Beach every 2nd weekend and the corner store/bottleshops had a instant bottle chiller machine which would chill to the desired temp in a min or so.

Not what above but same same

They even have ones that chill while you pour..

But agreed with Vk about putting doors on the open fridges in the supermarkets.

yes because that's really the same thing... rolleyes.gif

The Governor
Post #1759

Just saying the technology isn't new like they claim.

mark1414
Post #1760

QUOTE (The Governor @ Oct 29 2013, 07:34 PM) *
Just saying the technology isn't new like they claim.

The technology to make things cold quickly isn't new, wow thanks for pointing that out. I don't think that's what they were claiming.

alpharx7
Post #1761

http://au.movies.yahoo.com/news/article/-/...ons-in-britain/

Long queues at Star Wars auditions in Britain

London (AFP) - Thousands of people auditioned for the next Star Wars film in Britain on Saturday -- so many in fact that organisers left many disappointed by shutting doors early due to the huge number.

They were responding to a casting call launched by Disney last week that it was looking for an actress to play a "street-smart" and strong character aged 17 or 18, and an actor to play a capable and courageous young man for its "Star Wars Episode VII", which is being made in Britain next year.

Budding young thespians and others just keen to be involved in the blockbuster franchise waited for hours in the pouring rain in Bristol, southwest England, for a 'meet and greet' with casting directors. Some even camped overnight.

Local media reported that wannabe actors had come from as far away as the United States and Sweden.

"You can't not audition for this if you're in the age range, if you fit it, because it's just a big deal," one hopeful, Ben Millier, told the BBC.

Disney, which brought Star Wars production company Lucasfilm a year ago, has specificied that both lead characters must be good-looking, smart and athletic.

None of those likely to win the part were born when the original Star Wars movie was released in 1977. But most of the people queuing had seized the chance to be part of film history.

The auditions at Bristol's Arnolfini arts centre were due to begin at 11:00am but half an hour before, the line was closed because so many people had turned up.

A second day of auditions was to be held in Bristol on Sunday, with those who missed out on Saturday told to arrive before dawn to ensure they would be seen.

Bristol has a strong connection with the franchise as the home town of David Prowse, who played villain Darth Vader in George Lucas' original trilogy.

However, his West Country accent was overdubbed with the memorable, more menacing tones of US actor James Earl Jones -- and Prowse urged locals before the auditions to disguise their Bristol twang.

"You can't go 'oo-aar my dear, here's my lightsaber'," he said.

Other 'meet and greet' events are taking place in London, Manchester, Glasgow and Dublin in Ireland later this month.

The seventh film in the science-fiction saga, and the first of a new trilogy, is to be directed by 'Star Trek' film-maker J. J. Abrams. It is scheduled for release in December 2015.
It will carry the story of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia beyond "Return of the Jedi".

alpharx7
Post #1762

Channel 7 flashback - 1984 Gemini. Built here in Brisbane.

alpharx7
Post #1763

thought i'd post this, out of respect for this gentleman.......and in honour to all our service men and women on this day 11/11.

Lest We Forget.

both my grandfather fought in ww2, plus my father served for over 20 years, brother for ten and currently have a nephew in the army.....

http://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/19765468/st...ts-to-war-hero/

Strangers to pay respects to war hero
AAP
Ryan Hooper - November 10, 2013, 6:57 pm

Strangers to pay respects to war hero (AU copy)

Hundreds of people are expected to attend the funeral of a British war veteran they never knew after an appeal for mourners in a local newspaper revealed the deceased had no friends or family.

Harold Jellicoe Percival helped with the famous Dambusters raids during the Second World War.

He died last month aged 99 in a nursing home in the UK but had lived much of his life in Australia.

Poignantly for the ex-military man, his funeral service will be held at 11am on Armistice Day on Monday.

But Percival never married, had no children and has no close family members able to attend the service.

An advert was placed in a local newspaper requesting service professionals and members of the public attend his funeral.

A photograph of the newspaper advert was spread more than 30,000 times online after Sgt Rick Clement spread the word on Facebook and Twitter.

Those involved in organising the funeral say they have been contacted by veterans' groups and other military supporters keen to acknowledge Percival's career.

Funeral director Edmund Jacobs said: "We're hoping a few faces will turn up and show their support for a war hero.

"It doesn't sit well with me that somebody who has served their country can be forgotten about, that his service can go un-noted.

"I am sure he would have had a few stories to tell."

An advert was placed in the paper and then shared thousands of time on social media. Photo: Twitter

Mr Percival was one of four siblings but lived a "nomadic lifestyle" after leaving the RAF at the end of the war.

His nephew, David Worsell, said: "He was a private man, he worked in Australia for a number of years as a decorator and would visit England for holidays.

"He travelled around England with only his backpack.

"He didn't have a postal address, he just used to get everything sent to my mother's address and would go through it when they met up."

Percival was based in the north west of England and became part of the ground crew which helped with the Dambusters, the squadron which was initially formed to destroy dams in the Ruhr valley in Nazi Germany.

After working in Australia, he later retired to England.

He was a distant relative of former British prime minister Spencer Perceval, who was shot dead by a bankrupt broker, John Bellingham, as he entered the House of Commons, in 1812.

"My uncle would be very surprised at the attention this seems to have received and the number of people wanting to attend," Worsell said.

"What with him being a very private person, forming long-term relationships didn't seem to be part of his make-up.

"He didn't really speak about his military career but he perhaps wished he didn't leave the RAF at the end of the war.

"But he was a free spirit."

alpharx7
Post #1764

Shuffs
Post #1765

unsure.gif

alpharx7
Post #1766

new hobbit: the desolation of smaug featurette.

Warner Bros. has released a very cool new featurette for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug that focuses on Beorn's House. We haven't seen a lot of this character in the marketing of the film, so this featurette gives us a little idea of how the character will be portrayed in the movie. There's no footage of the character himself, but the cast and crew talk about him, and you get to see them playing around on the giant house set.

The shape-shifting character is being played by Mikael Persbrandt, and this is the description of the character from Tolkien:

"Beorn was of immense size and strength for a man, and retained his size and strength in bear-form. He had black hair (in either form) and a thick black beard and broad shoulders (in human form). While not a "giant" outright, Beorn's human form was of such great size."

To see what the character will look like in the film click here. The movie will be released on December 13th.

mark1414
Post #1767

QUOTE (Shuffs @ Nov 12 2013, 01:34 PM) *
unsure.gif

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="468" width="625" data="https://www.youtube.com/v/KEYaTscCDIg#t=59"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/KEYaTscCDIg#t=59"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain"><param name="quality" value="best"><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF"><param name="scale" value="noScale"><param name="salign" value="TL"><param name="FlashVars" value="playerMode=embedded" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/></object>

Wow just when you think it cant possibly get any worse it does.

Shuffs
Post #1768

QUOTE (mark1414 @ Nov 12 2013, 02:22 PM) *
Wow just when you think it cant possibly get any worse it does.

Yeah,there has to be a continuation with it,I'll have to search their channel,I'd seen this one before and forgotten about it until I saw it on Alpha's video
Edit:That's the latest one,it's only been up a week

vk134
Post #1769

tell me that would not be the coolest ride to do

The Governor
Post #1770

QUOTE (Shuffs @ Nov 12 2013, 01:34 PM) *
unsure.gif

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="468" width="625" data="https://www.youtube.com/v/KEYaTscCDIg#t=59"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/KEYaTscCDIg#t=59"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain"><param name="quality" value="best"><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF"><param name="scale" value="noScale"><param name="salign" value="TL"><param name="FlashVars" value="playerMode=embedded" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/></object>

Nothing like showing irresponsible 4wding on tv to give fuel to the greens about how 4wders destroy the environment

alpharx7
Post #1771

car show / swap meet on this weekend.........

Attached File  hot_rod_show_poster.jpg ( 44.62K ) Number of downloads: 4

The Governor
Post #1772

alpharx7
Post #1773

star trek: renegades teaser trailer

get onto facebook for more info / release date etc....

PROXENETA
Post #1774

jbear
Post #1775

Any other videos of that 4wd one, shit got serious quick.

mark1414
Post #1776

My neighbours cat comes running most times whenI call it.

vk134
Post #1777

Most cats are running when I call them, lol, the sharp report of the .22 must affect their sensitive hearing

The Governor
Post #1778

Neil Armstrong was the first human being on the moon.
Neil A. backwards is Alien.
Mind f*cked.

alpharx7
Post #1779

Star Wars: Downunder

alpharx7
Post #1780

Guy Gets Technical Foul for swearing at XBOX One in NBA 2K14.

One of the most hilarious features I've seen in next gen is here! Xbox One users playing NBA 2k14 can and will get a technical foul if the Kinect device hears them swearing in game! For all the people who have been ridiculously mad about this, I applaud the idea. Social Internet gaming can be the most cancerous place for conversation and penalizing people when they step over the line in chat is a step towards having a more civilized gaming community. Yeah, I know I'm in the minority for restricting free speech for gamers, but when your conversation online ultimately comes down to a lot of f-bombs and racial slurs, are you really missing out?

The Governor
Post #1781

The Walking Dead stunt doubles..

alpharx7
Post #1782

Nelson Mandela dead at 95

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/12/0...dela-dead-at-95

Nelson Mandela dead at 95
8:47am December 6, 2013

December 06, 2013: US President Barack Obama has honoured Nelson Mandela in a speech at the White House.

US president Barack Obama has asked the world to give thanks for South African icon and former president Nelson Mandela, who has died aged 95.

"I am one of the countless millions who drew inspiration from Nelson Mandela's life," Mr Obama said.

"He did it all with grace, good humour and ability to acknowledge his own imperfections only makes his achievements more remarkable.

December 06, 2013: In a live TV announcement, current South African President Jacob Zuma has announced Nelson Mandela has passed away.

"As long as I live I will do what I can to learn from him."

South African president Jacob Zuma announced this morning that Mandela died on Thursday night local time.

He says their nation has lost its greatest son and flags across the nation will be lowered to half mast.

Mandela has been receiving around the clock intensive care from military and other doctors since September, when he was discharged from a stay of almost three months in hospital for a lung infection.

In a televised address, Zuma said: "Our nation has lost its greatest son. Our people have lost a father.

"What made Nelson Mandela great was precisely what made him human. We saw in him what we seek in ourselves."

December 06, 2013: During a Melbourne talkback radio interview, Tony Abbott hears of Nelson Mandela's passing and reflects on the former South African president's legacy.

"He is now resting," Zuma said.

Flags across the nation will be lowered to half mast, he said.

Mandela had been receiving around the clock intensive care from military and other doctors since September, when he was discharged from a nearly three month hospital stay for a lung infection.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott has this morning described Mandela as one of the great figures of Africa and of the last century.

"Nelson Mandela was one of the great figures of Africa, arguably one of the great figures of the last century," Mr Abbott told Fairfax radio.

He was the father of modern South Africa, he said.

"A truly great man.

"And while I never met him I did read that book A Long Walk To Freedom and I guess the impression we get of Nelson Mandela is someone who suffered but was not embittered but ennobled through that suffering."

Mandela was elected South Africa's first black president after spending nearly three decades in prison.

Mandela, once a boxer, had a long history of lung problems after contracting tuberculosis while in jail on Robben Island.

Mandela was born July 18, 1918, in the village of Mvezo he began school around age seven, attending a local Methodist school where he was given the English name

His extraordinary life story, quirky sense of humour and lack of bitterness towards his former oppressors ensured global appeal for the charismatic leader.

Once considered a terrorist by the United States and Britain for his support of violence against the apartheid regime, at the time of his death he was an almost unimpeachable moral icon.

The Nobel Peace Prize winner spent 27 years behind bars before being freed in 1990 to lead the African National Congress (ANC) in negotiations with the white minority rulers which culminated in the first multi-racial elections in 1994.

A victorious Mandela served a single term as president before taking up a new role as a roving elder statesman and leading AIDS campaigner before finally retiring from public life in 2004.

"When he emerged from prison people discovered that he was all the things they had hoped for and more," fellow Nobel Peace laureate Archbishop Desmond Tutu once said.

"He is by far the most admired and revered statesperson in the world and one of the greatest human beings to walk this earth."He was a global cause celebre during the long apartheid years, and popular pressure led world leaders to tighten sanctions imposed on South Africa's racist white minority regime.

The Governor
Post #1783

Out of all the Saffies at my work, only 1 said that he believed what Nelson did, everybody else laments at what he did after he brought the apartide down.

alpharx7
Post #1784

Dave Hughes quits The Project

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/1...its-the-project

Dave Hughes quits The Project

Dave Hughes has quit as host of Channel 10's The Project after more than four years behind the desk.

The 43-year-old comedian took to Twitter today to confirm he had stepped down from hosting duties to focus on his national stand-up tour, the Herald Sun reported.

"I've been banging on about doing a proper national stand-up tour for years and if I don't do it now before my kids start school, I never will," he said in a statement.

"I will pop up on the show from the road on a weekly basis whether they like it or not."

Fellow comedian Peter Helliar will take over from Hughes in January 2014.

Hughes’ departure from The Project desk comes after just days after he celebrated his last radio segment with Kate Langbroek.

The pair hosted the Nova FM breakfast show for more than 12 years together.

alpharx7
Post #1785

good way to get rid of fire ants. tongue.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 51 of 53
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x