The First Four Door Ute?  

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
ABS_85
Post #36

I'll get some facts right okay!

1. The Holden Crewman is the first Australian manufactured four door ute.
2. The Toyota Hilux, Holden Rodeo and Mitsubishi Triton are built in Japan.
3. The new Ford Falcon RTV is rear-wheel drive, not AWD.

Post #37

QUOTE (ABS_85 @ Oct 13 2003, 11:43 AM)

1. The Holden Crewman is the first Australian manufactured four door ute.
2. The Toyota Hilux, Holden Rodeo and Mitsubishi Triton are built in Japan.

A couple of things:
1. The Crewman is the first 4 door UTE. The others are correctly classed as pickups as they have a seperate chassis. A ute is a car based vehicle, usually with an added subframe/chassis unit.
2. The Mazda Bravo, Mitsubishi Triton and Nissan Navara are made in Thailand. I think the Hilux and Rodeo are as well.
As for comments about the back seat in the Crewman being uselss, have you tried the back seat of the others? Even if the Crewman's seat is upright, it still has more leg room then most of the other dual cabs. If you want heaps of room in a dual cab, buy a Ford F250 or a VW Transporter.

NewlyAwakeN
Post #38

biggrin.gif go the 4 door utes, i'd own one biggrin.gif

as for having no leg room, half the cars these days have to leg rooms

Missy
Post #39

My boss just ordered two of these little bastards so I'll let you all know how they ride and drive etc real soon....hopefully they'll six wheel them - hmmm fun!!

ABS_85
Post #40

I agree with you irsa

ABS_85
Post #41

I think the Crewmans do look a bit overweight, but they still look very good, I wouldn't mind owning one!

Hoon
Post #42

QUOTE (punksnut @ Oct 11 2003, 10:55 PM)
the funny thing is, it shows that holdens havnt got much power, cant even pul the chains off laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Now that's a golden comment!

Seal up the rear doors, turn the back section into a stereo, and you got yourself a show winner there sonny!

Paulie
Post #43

QUOTE (-rb- @ Oct 11 2003, 11:17 PM)
meh its a holden who cares

hahah well said thumbsup.gif

king of the concrete jungle
Post #44

QUOTE (Paulie @ Oct 13 2003, 02:33 PM)
hahah well said thumbsup.gif

I care wether it's a Holden because I like to support Australian jobs. No offense but when Nissan or Subaru make a decent powerful ute then I'll consider them, until then Holden will do me fine.

You are right WattsyLX, I just ballsed it up but that's how it was ment to come accross. At the end of the day people bagging the Holden ute should really should remember one thing. It's a work vehicle, not a bloody performance sports coupe. It's ment to be thrashed all week long and take families on holidays and pull caravans and boats on the weekends. No offence to import owners but I find it hard to imagine a 180 pulling a bloody big boat or caravan and seating 5 people. At the end of the day it sure hell beats walking!

bigafoot
Post #45

QUOTE (king of the concrete jungle @ Oct 13 2003, 03:19 PM)
I care wether it's a Holden because I like to support Australian jobs. No offense but when Nissan or Subaru make a decent powerful ute then I'll consider them, until then Holden will do me fine.

You are right WattsyLX, I just ballsed it up but that's how it was ment to come accross. At the end of the day people bagging the Holden ute should really should remember one thing. It's a work vehicle, not a bloody performance sports coupe. It's ment to be thrashed all week long and take families on holidays and pull caravans and boats on the weekends. No offence to import owners but I find it hard to imagine a 180 pulling a bloody big boat or caravan and seating 5 people. At the end of the day it sure hell beats walking!

well put ... Not to offend anyone but the import cars etc are built for a purpose and the australian cars are built for a purpose. The Aussie utes are built to be work horses not for comfort or even looks.

I to would like to see a 180 or something like that hauling a boat and 5 people, i think it would struggle at best !!!

The Aussie crewman may not be the pretiest looker but is does a job that holden have designed it for - working during the week and taking the family out on the weekend.

Every car has its purpose !!!!

WattsyLX
Post #46

QUOTE (bigafoot @ Oct 13 2003, 03:32 PM)

I to would like to see a 180 or something like that hauling a boat and 5 people, i think it would struggle at best !!!

Every car has its purpose !!!!

Id just like to see the 180 carry around 5 normal Aussie blokes - let alone tow a boat at the same time!!

WRX_princess
Post #47

QUOTE (punksnut @ Oct 11 2003, 10:55 PM)
the funny thing is, it shows that holdens havnt got much power, cant even pul the chains off laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

yea thats what i was thinking... blink.gif

but are the other brands of 4 door utes australian brands???

meh, who cares

Barely Legal Customs
Post #48

i thought it was cause it was designed in australia?

as said in this thread tho.. they do look like they have a poky back seat........... lucky there is a tray to get down to business in biggrin.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x