Subs - what is the best make?  

Page 2 of 4
Jump to page
neil_se
Post #36

the base model DD is around $350 which would stretch your budget a bit. mind you, they use the same quality components as there (very) expensive subs and they can handle a lot of power.

SupraCrazy
Post #37

Rockford & Apline.

BTCHY
Post #38

never ever buy sony explodes!!!!! EVER

Lanzars go off thumbsup.gif ... if you got the right amp and all the gear to go with it too

sicknx
Post #39

for your budget i reckon JL... i got 2 12" JL and they go pretty hard thumbsup.gif

PHILLIP
Post #40

TWISTER

vn355
Post #41

i have 2 rockford 15's, they hammer, good brand smile.gif yeah twister are the best dude laugh.gif hehe

danstar
Post #42

Yeah I blew my Sony Xplod 12"...guys at brisbane car sound are like "you must be cranking it man" ummm not really I don't even have very powerful amps! The dude told me that if you face the sub the the back of the car you get more bass cause it bounces off the boot back into the car and that facing it forward results in less bass?!

25YKU
Post #43

get a fusion "lomu" series bro lol,

-ben-
Post #44

QUOTE (BOULTS @ Oct 2 2003, 12:55 PM)
Everyones going to tell u different.
What music do u listen too, alot of things will make a difference!

he's right. what type of music u listen too has alot to do with the setup. also everyone has personal preference with their equipment. being an installer i would say to u go have a look around and see what u like. also $$$ has alot to do with it. with car audio u pay for what u get. but u also have to Do Your Shopping!!

any q's feel free to pm.

Ben

BTCHY
Post #45

QUOTE (danstar @ Oct 2 2003, 12:56 PM)
The dude told me that if you face the sub the the back of the car you get more bass cause it bounces off the boot back into the car and that facing it forward results in less bass?!

that bits tru, specially if you have a wagon

warrior_350
Post #46

i just bought a pioneer 12" 800w with a box for $290 had to put it in the box and fit it myself but it cranks pretty hard.

smiles
Post #47

Just hit up Super Cheap Auto i hav heard that they have a great selection of high quality sound equipment ph34r.gif

snIper
Post #48

Mtx
i would have to say are the best

trickford
Post #49

Super Cheap's audio department should only be used when filling holes in the doors when selling the car. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

51-KVL
Post #50

Have a look at the Cadence subs. Ive got 2 10's running off a Sansai Amp unsure.gif that is apsalutely gay and they go pretty hard, gets everything shaken nicely. Ive got the Orange ones with the silver nipple in the middle and they look awesome. They cost me 300 for the pair (awesome buy)!!!!!!!!!!!

27EEZ
Post #51

i got 2 12' kicker comps and neva had any problems wit them?

14TER
Post #52

i've got 2 12 inch rockford fosgate boxed but i think the box is heaps dodgy so i'm getting them put in new separate boxes facing one forward and one back. but i think that might make an echo. i'll see how it goes!

70NKY
Post #53

ManicVN I got a Pioneer 12 in a Pioneer box for $200. Nothing wrong with the sub, there's a lil rub mark that's gone thru the carpet to the wood but its still good. 600W peak, 300WRMS. Had the whole shebang for about 4 months.

Post #54

I got 2 12" MTX, they go pretty hard.
See my profile for pics. biggrin.gif

Post #55

Pioneer!

disco bob
Post #56

Are the jaycar responses any good

*prepares to be burned*

s13viper
Post #57

hmm not for subs, but yes for there amps

for subs, try Gold coast car sound and there farienheight range!! of subs, there 10" take a hefty 600wrms, i just got 2 10" and am considering different amps atm (BIG power ones, lol)

so go down 4 a listen , u will be impressed

s13viper
Post #58

and 2 of the 12" with 500wrms into each made a nice 155db ohmy.gif

15EXN
Post #59

hmm also with fahrenheit www.hifidirect.com.au stock them = sale very soon

s13viper
Post #60

i just got too 10" in a custom box for 350 biggrin.gif

15EXN
Post #61

lol dude but u probs made the custom box for 50 bucks

Vega_man
Post #62

For your $250 budget i'd go a HERTZ 12" sub and make your own box....

serrb
Post #63

rainbow....

s13viper
Post #64

yeh mabye them if u got 3000 lying around!

Spec83
Post #65

Definatly either Hertz HS series or Phoenix Gold Tantrum series.... for good quality subs that go very loud while still sounding good at a great price u cant beat them!

s13viper
Post #66

farenheight beat hertz and phoenix gold dry.gif

quite easily too!! , just listen and u will tell

Spec83
Post #67

Hmmmm i tend to disagree with the above statement.......i have used both phoenix gold and hertz subs to win not only sq competitions but also spl competitions. I wasnt at all impressed with farenheight subs and thus decided not to purschase them.... i have listened to all 3 of them... mabe u should do the same before going out and making such acusations! Its miss information such as the above that could end up costing someone some $$$! Hertz/Audison and PG are 2 of the most well known and respected car audio manufactures in the world....tell u the truth i have never seen farenheight advertised outside of GCCS....this would make me hesident to start with but u might prefer their sound to me.... whatever floats ya boat. As someone i know said "Listen to watt is watt!!!

As far as beating PG and Hertz quite easiy... i would put my Hertz Air Mille or my old PG Tantrum up against a farenheight sub any day without hesitation and i know which one would come out on top both for quality of output and probably level of output!

BTW who owns/built the farenheight car that did 155dB and what type of car is it??? What sort of enclosure setup was it running??? That is a pretty decent ammount of noise for 2x12" and just 500wrms a sub..... dry.gif

s13viper
Post #68

i have listened to all 3, and while hertz, audioson, and PG are all well respected, in my opionoin the farenheights are better, the pg's may be a bit more "musical" thats about it.

the only downside to the faren's is they require higher amounts of power to run.

if u wish to pit ur hertz against my setup then by all means, organise it.

i am only putting 200wrms into each of my 10" at the moment, and while far from optimimum they are rather good.

and it was a sealed enclosure, roughly about 2.5cubic foot (not sure thats just about how big it looked), and was powered by a alpine MRD500, and 155db was the result.

if anyone wants to hear the ferenheights in action , i won't hesistate

Spec83
Post #69

Fair enough....... thats a mighty impressive score out of a sealed box...congrats to them. I just havnt heard much about the farenheights but i recomended hertz and pg as i have had experience with the products. I will have to have another listen sometime if u r keen they might have improved since i last heard them! If u arnt a member of CAA should join up...... if u not keen on doing that i'll pm to ya when the next comp is on (pretty sure its the 16 nov at shailer park primary school fate) so we can meet up and have a bit of audition session smile.gif

180sr
Post #70

what do yas think of the cadence 12" subs, the one i looked at today was 300wrms in box for $380... is that a good price and r they quallity? also does anyone know what their amps r like???
cheers.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 4
Jump to page
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x