Lets Get A Dyno Day Going! - cmon u know u all wanna tune and dyno ur rides!!!  

Page 2 of 3
Jump to page
SSHatch
Post #36

QUOTE(Kesson @ Aug 7 2006, 12:05 AM) [snapback]1280129057[/snapback]

best of species, booby prize etc

...Maybe thats a stupid idea...dunno

Booby prize drool.gif hell yeah!!

Best of species dancingcool.gif kinda goes with the best of species dont it??

nova
Post #37

i'd be up for a drag day.. but it sounds like something that needs to be paid up front.. so maybe organiseing it all, and taking payment.. and then setting up the date etc

problem is $2200 is alot of money to trust someone with

Cheddle
Post #38

im all for a drag day

but i still want a dyno day

yes my car is stock... i still want to see how much im putting at the wheels

is there a way to force 2wd on ur car mate?? cus mines an AWD but i can force rwd if i want 2...

ok whoever is DEFEINITLY in for a dyno day, pm me and i will organize it

if any one else wants to organize a drag day. then im in but im not organizing it

cheers

prelude_chic92
Post #39

I would SO be up for a drag day, facesjump.gif

Had a ball at the Tas Commodores one last year. i got about 17 runs.

I wouldn't mind organising a drag day, but I not sure how reliable some people can be on here when it comes to actually turning up or paying by the due date... (not directed at anyone in particular, opinion based on past experiences)

I suppose if I could get enough interest from people and they could pay up front, well in advance, it wouldn't be too much of an effort. I think we paid $50 each for drag day

nova
Post #40

if you want a hand with the drag day jess i'm up for it... not so interested in a dyno day atm.. would go and observe.. but not participate

juddo_031
Post #41

Im in for either

ottoS13
Post #42

i'll be getting a dyno run and service soon just to make sure my car is fine, so i prob won't bother with a dyno run. its not like i'm impressing anyone with my huge ammounts of power hahaha

GTiRGal
Post #43

I'd be up for a dyno day if my car was 2wd. Even though it is mostly stock I'd still like to know what it has at the moment before some mods happen.

When I get the car going that is.....lol

rx 0323
Post #44

just a dumb thought. but those wanting a run at the drags...

why not go and support the drag racing sport in tassie and actually ENTER a meet??

costs 45 entry 10 for licence and your fuel.

average you'll get 6 runs which is more than enough for your money.

plus theres a decent chance of winning even if u own a stock POS.

as for dyno. find me a AWD one and ill be there but no way ill pay anymore than 60 bux for a power run with no tuning involved.

Mightymag
Post #45

BOTH im happy either way

harolto
Post #46

Drag day doesnt need to be paid up frount, you get an invoice about 2weeks before the date that has to be paid pretty much then and there AFIK.
so if you organised it a few months earlyer that will give you time to get the 40 positions filled and everyone paid up,
at the R31 drag day we had around 45cars, was a very good day, and you wernt waiting too long to get runs in (5mins roughly to wait for your run)
-Jake

Golden_Greek
Post #47

Yep Drag Day for Sure thumbsup.gif ill evan put the Et in it lol wont be that good but hey its abit of fun. Every1 should be keen for it. Aslong as its after 4th of september im in (get my Licence Back then lol) yeh. drool.gif

moe002
Post #48

im up for anything biggrin.gif

count me in!!!

timmy_o
Post #49

I'd have a drag in Cheddle's 32 if he'd let me wink.gif Let's me cruz round in it atm coz he has his L's tongue.gif See who could get the quicker time in it smile.gif

harolto
Post #50

last drag day the condition of licences was that, you must of got your Ps, but didnt matter if they were disqualified,

Golden_Greek
Post #51

QUOTE(harolto @ Aug 8 2006, 12:42 AM) [snapback]1280132894[/snapback]

last drag day the condition of licences was that, you must of got your Ps, but didnt matter if they were disqualified,

Yeh mad im Keen either Way thumbsup.gif Lets Do This Shit!!!

Cheddle
Post #52

QUOTE(GTiRGal @ Aug 7 2006, 03:59 PM) [snapback]1280130819[/snapback]

I'd be up for a dyno day if my car was 2wd. Even though it is mostly stock I'd still like to know what it has at the moment before some mods happen.

When I get the car going that is.....lol

are you SURE you cant make it 2wd?? heres how i make my 4wd 2wd, when the car is moving at say 10 k's turn the key from the "on" position to the "acc" position very quickly

in my car this upsets the electronic diff that controls the HICAS and will lock it in 100% rwd mode

try it on urs and tell me if it works... mite go fwd on urs or sumthing??

QUOTE(timmy_o @ Aug 7 2006, 11:05 PM) [snapback]1280132700[/snapback]

I'd have a drag in Cheddle's 32 if he'd let me wink.gif Let's me cruz round in it atm coz he has his L's tongue.gif See who could get the quicker time in it smile.gif

lol yeah id let u run smile.gif if u break it u buy it timmy wink.gif

thats if im still free this sat timmy

u breaka ma clutch, i breaka ur bank...

timmy_o
Post #53

This saturday? :/

delazy
Post #54

QUOTE(Cheddle @ Aug 8 2006, 08:24 AM) [snapback]1280133045[/snapback]

are you SURE you cant make it 2wd?? heres how i make my 4wd 2wd, when the car is moving at say 10 k's turn the key from the "on" position to the "acc" position very quickly

in my car this upsets the electronic diff that controls the HICAS and will lock it in 100% rwd mode

try it on urs and tell me if it works... mite go fwd on urs or sumthing??
lol yeah id let u run smile.gif if u break it u buy it timmy wink.gif

thats if im still free this sat timmy

u breaka ma clutch, i breaka ur bank...

i hope u know that doing that is bad for the diffs, just ask arsnik...pretty sure he killed one of the 2 diffs in his gtst4 doing something similar and i cost him a pretty penny to get it fixed!!

BTW hicas has nothing to do with the electronic diffs

HICAS (High Capacity Actively Controlled Suspension) is Nissan's rear wheel steering system found on cars ranging from the more recent Skyline and Z iterations to smaller models like the 240SX/180SX. It is also found on models from Nissan's Infiniti division, such as the Q45 and the M45/M35. Unlike other four wheel steering systems, HICAS and Super HICAS is fitted to improve handling rather than as a parking aid.

Earlier HICAS versions used hydraulics to steer the rear wheels. The hydraulic system was powered by the power steering pump and used speed sensors to determine how much and which direction to steer the rear wheels. Later versions, called Super HICAS, moved to an electric actuator for the rear steering rack, making the system much lighter. The Super HICAS system also used its own computer to control the system insted of speed sensors. HICAS and Super HICAS rear wheel steering is limited to about 1 degree in either direction.

HICAS was introduced on the 1986 Skyline GTS coupes (GTS, GTS-R, and GTS-X). The system was later adaped to work on many models in the Nissan range, beginning with the Passage GT.

nova
Post #55

^^^ knew someone would pull him up for being a little foolish... from memory gtst4 aren't drivable with a buggered diff are they?

delazy
Post #56

QUOTE(`Nova @ Aug 8 2006, 12:51 PM) [snapback]1280133852[/snapback]

^^^ knew someone would pull him up for being a little foolish... from memory gtst4 aren't drivable with a buggered diff are they?

pretty sure they arent...!!

while many 4wd cars are capable of being driven in RWD....its not exactly healthy on the mechanical side of things!

ie...GTR's most ppl know u can pull a fuse to make it RWD....but it fucks the electronics something shocking

u buy a 4wd car because its a 4wd the majority of the time..why would u buy one then try and make it RWD when its not?? oh actually i guess the drift thing is taking off and every1 wants to be a drift king when they arent! sorri rolleyes.gif

nova
Post #57

thanks for the insight delazy.. i noticed since the tokyo drift came out.. i see more idiots on the road aswell..

back on topic.. once i find where i'm leaking compression from (pretty sure its around the rocker cover) i'd be keen on a dyno run.. but not for $80

rx 0323
Post #58

compression from a rocker cover? your pistons come to the rocker cover?

nova
Post #59

its a long story.. anyone with a 250 Xflow will know...

cut short.. any leaks anywhere will cause the motors not to run properly.. problems like the dip stick being out a little.. etc in this case my rocker cover wont do up properly (striped threads on the head by the look of it...) and its causes the motor to loose compression some where along the line.. wont idel properly wont rev out wont start properly the list goes on

rx 0323
Post #60

hahaha a 250 xflow revs?

lotsa silicon sounds like the go smile.gif

nova
Post #61

ahh NO... silicon isn't the go ...do the job properly or not at all with whats been spent on this engine dry.gif

rx 0323
Post #62

well go buy a tap n die set and fix it right within 5 mins?

nova
Post #63

i'll borrow the neighbours.. i'm just being slack.. plus works getting in the way.. it'll be done soon wink.gif

Mookie
Post #64

the idle has something to do with pressure in the rocker cover doesn't it ?

I won't blow a diff on a dyno i dunno about a drag day tho :S

moe002
Post #65

wouldnt knock a 250 crossflow... you can get pretty damn serious HP out of 'em biggrin.gif

nova
Post #66

turbo in twoish years wink.gif

rx 0323
Post #67

QUOTE(moe002 @ Aug 8 2006, 08:04 PM) [snapback]1280135604[/snapback]

wouldnt knock a 250 crossflow... you can get pretty damn serious HP out of 'em biggrin.gif

havent been beaten by a n/a 250 as yet. even raced one with triple webers etc etc

when that day comes ill stop knocken tongue.gif

nova
Post #68

i'm not really fussed about speed.. its different.. i see turbo's commys as old as my coon.. but no turbo'd 250's.. unless i'm not looking hard enough

rx 0323
Post #69

Ive seen afew.

one was twin turbo hi stall auto injected

huge torque figures. but couldnt get the car to hook up.

another with a big t04 and manual. both are mainland cars tho.

nova
Post #70

yeah i've seen the mainland cars.. the twin turbo you speak of.. i dont think its a 250.. infact.. i'm pretty sure if its the same one.. he originally had a supercharger on it.. and it was a 4 litre.. out of an ef or el...
i'm talking down here though... it'd be something different for tassie biggrin.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 3
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x