Rb26dett Install Into A S13 Updated 1st July - engine install with pics  

Page 2 of 5
Jump to page
YBW37
Post #36

Man that is one of the sweetest things I have seen, Be sure to keep this updated would love to see the step by step progress

To4Dato
Post #37

QUOTE(PUR32 @ Jun 30 2006, 10:36 AM) [snapback]1280016746[/snapback]

I don't think you can change the topic heading, you can make a new forum when you do the conversion on my car biggrin.gif:D

Anyone thinking about doing an rb conversion into a silvia i would highly suggest you talk to this man 1st bowrofl.gif . Not long now till engine conversion is completed biggrin.gif

DR1F7
Post #38

What cross member did you use? Will have troubles with the bonnet closing or is that only when RB20/25 conversions are done due to the intake flowing over the cam covers since the RB26 has the intake on the side?

321cya
Post #39

QUOTE(DR1F7 @ Jul 1 2006, 06:02 PM) [snapback]1280020443[/snapback]

What cross member did you use? Will have troubles with the bonnet closing or is that only when RB20/25 conversions are done due to the intake flowing over the cam covers since the RB26 has the intake on the side?

its not the cross over pipe that is the problem is the cam cover that hits the bonnet when doin these conversion or the front plemium on 20/25 also hits where the coolant bleed nipple is but i know how to over come this so i have no bonnet clearence issue,s

but hears a pic just to show u the bonnet clearence

sweet sod all biggrin.gif

QUOTE(PUR32 @ Jun 30 2006, 10:36 AM) [snapback]1280016746[/snapback]

I don't think you can change the topic heading, you can make a new forum when you do the conversion on my car biggrin.gif:D

yes i will be doin a thread when it comes to your car also (with pics )

with your wicked build we have planned ohnoes.gif thumbsup.gif

NOO-60
Post #40

far out dude nice work that looks intense

DR1F7
Post #41

QUOTE(321cya @ Jul 1 2006, 08:37 PM) [snapback]1280020712[/snapback]

its not the cross over pipe that is the problem is the cam cover that hits the bonnet when doin these conversion or the front plemium on 20/25 also hits where the coolant bleed nipple is but i know how to over come this so i have no bonnet clearence issue,s

I was refering to the RB20 and RB25 cross over pipes.. with my conversion (rb20 and rb25 into 180sx) the cross over pipe and top of plenium were hitting the bonnet and stopping it being locked in. to solve the problem we just put washer in where the screws mount the bonnet and that raised it.

ssspulsardriver
Post #42

i got a mate with the same install....goes pretty hard!! power to weight!!

this one looks lethal!!!

keep us updated....

bushy

racsov500
Post #43

you welded the yoke to the tailshaft by yourself? arent you worried about tailshaft shudder?

nice conversion, but please burn that front bar. stocker literally looks better

321cya
Post #44

QUOTE(racsov500 @ Jul 2 2006, 07:44 PM) [snapback]1280022422[/snapback]

you welded the yoke to the tailshaft by yourself? arent you worried about tailshaft shudder?

nice conversion, but please burn that front bar. stocker literally looks better

nope never had any tailshaft shudder or vibration on any rb conversion that i have done if it does get any ill just send it away to get balanced

321cya
Post #45

just a another update on the pipework

its taken some time to do as ive been getting all the angles right and fitting nice as im not using any scillone
hose on the piping in the engine bay on the turbo side

so enjoy

old mate
Post #46

looks like it will be fun. you do some good work mate.

Sciclone
Post #47

And to think you didn't have time to do the timing belt on your wifes suzuki... j/k wink.gif

Seriously though, thats some nice custom fab there...

PUR32
Post #48

dude that is mint, I want mine done exactly like that lol biggrin.gif

To4Dato
Post #49

its all the little things that he has done as well that you cannot see that are smicky dicky also.

321cya
Post #50

just a couple more pics

managed to weld the turbo to cooler pipe in one piece and had a go at tryin to polish up the cooler pipes with autosoil (to see if didnt have to send the pipes to a metal polisher to get done)

Sciclone
Post #51

aah autosol.... it got me out of a few tight situations when I was working at toyota.....

If anyone has alloy parts on their car eg. Bullbars etc. I highly recommend it.....

I once nudged a wall with a customers bullbar, polished out all the scratches. Problem was now the scratched bit was better than the rest of the bullbar which had never been polished. Rubbed over the area with greasy/oily hands til it blended in...

PUR32
Post #52

^^^hahahahaha In other words - don't ever take your car to a toyota workshop rolleyes.gif

GONB4U
Post #53

thas tops

Sciclone
Post #54

I don't work for toyota anymore.....

Besides.... I did such a good job on it (blending it in) that the customer would have had to be a alloy bar polisher to notice the difference.... Even the workshop foreman couldn't tell and he's been a used car sales man, panel beater and everything....

321cya
Post #55

just some more pics

doin the pipe work from the cooler to the plemium was a bit of a prick as i didnt go through the battery tray i went above the rail underneath the battery tray also mounted the bov inthe best location away from the cops eyes polished some more of the pipe work and we meshed the coil cover

so enjoy

squeller
Post #56

damm its lookn good!

e$kimo_beer_monkey_91
Post #57

awesome!!!

321cya
Post #58

just some more pics

nearly all done just got to polish some of the pipe work and tie up some loose ends and the car is all done and off to the pannel shop to be panted

enjoy

To4Dato
Post #59

woo hoo. yea baby. nearly there. once done off to dr. kustom at archerfield to finish and rectifly body and do paint.

DR1F7
Post #60

Looking good.

321cya
Post #61

QUOTE(To4Dato @ Jul 9 2006, 08:24 PM) [snapback]1280044026[/snapback]

woo hoo. yea baby. nearly there. once done off to dr. kustom at archerfield to finish and rectifly body and do paint.

dont lie im getting the roller brush out to give it its custom paint job facesjump.gif laugh.gif ohnoes.gif j/k

JAM13
Post #62

Howcome you guys didn't paint the car before the engine went in.. wouldn't it have saved $$$ and time?

To4Dato
Post #63

engine bay is painted. use to be silver now is black with red ice pearl. exterior is to be painted kandy.

To4Dato
Post #64

(quoted off nissan silvia from 321cya), jason
just a quick update

went to fire it up today and wouldnt fire up

so checked plugs slightly wet but ok flipped all coil packs out and put spark in coils and cranked motor over spark was present

pulled off fuel feed line and turned ign on slight fuel pump noise but no fuel, pulled fuel pump out and to my horror no fuel in the tank (thanks mannix for not telling me that)

also the fuel looked like coke (f**kin black)

so pulled the tank out and drained the half a litre of the coke lookin fuel

put tank back in and put 15 ltrs of ultamate in the tank

primed the fuel system and cranked her over

and BANG she fired in to life and she sounded f**kin awsome

so just a few more odds and sods and shes all done

321cya
Post #65

QUOTE(To4Dato @ Jul 24 2006, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1280087739[/snapback]

(quoted off nissan silvia from 321cya), jason
just a quick update

went to fire it up today and wouldnt fire up

so checked plugs slightly wet but ok flipped all coil packs out and put spark in coils and cranked motor over spark was present

pulled off fuel feed line and turned ign on slight fuel pump noise but no fuel, pulled fuel pump out and to my horror no fuel in the tank (thanks mannix for not telling me that)

also the fuel looked like coke (f**kin black)

so pulled the tank out and drained the half a litre of the coke lookin fuel

put tank back in and put 15 ltrs of ultamate in the tank

primed the fuel system and cranked her over

and BANG she fired in to life and she sounded f**kin awsome

so just a few more odds and sods and shes all done

yes was good to hear it pur drool.gif sounded so nice tunes.gif cant wait to get it out on the road its sooo close

fingers crossed jamboree 06 here we come wavey.gif

lo_rolla
Post #66

You keep saying Plemium... Are you trying to say Plenum? Or am I missing some thing....

Awesome t'plant dude.

321cya
Post #67

QUOTE(lo_rolla @ Jul 24 2006, 05:27 PM) [snapback]1280087949[/snapback]

You keep saying Plemium... Are you trying to say Plenum? Or am I missing some thing....
Awesome t'plant dude.

same shit different smell (or spelling) tongue.gif laugh.gif

ok then inlet mainifold tongue.gif facesjump.gif

..::CaMo::..
Post #68

hehe looking good buddy. might see u round brissie ay smile.gif

Bwen
Post #69

Looks sooo nice, I'm looking foward to the very final finished product biggrin.gif

TurkS13
Post #70

nice work m8.. 1 question how much does it cost to do a engine conversion ?

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 5
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
11 User(s) are reading this topic (11 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x