Rb26dett Install Into A S13 Updated 1st July - engine install with pics  

Page 5 of 5
Jump to page
MR 3KGT
Post #141

QUOTE(GHOSTrun @ May 3 2006, 02:35 AM) [snapback]6158671[/snapback]

btw...dude...that....ummmmmm....front bar...please explain????
tongue.gif

I CONCUR !

Everything else is mad but that front bar needs to go !!

Good luck wit it

MR 3KGT
Post #142

QUOTE(SecaBoy @ Sep 28 2007, 10:24 AM) [snapback]1281479216[/snapback]

LMAO at the welding on the intercooler pipes... and also the bends...

this is hilarious!!!

fuqs me why someone would make the bends the way you did when its SOOOO much easier to buy mandrel bends and then just weld the straight pipes... laugh.gif

OMG... lets hope i never have to drive next to this car... laugh.gif
at least the exterior of the car looks good... smile.gif

"its SOOOO much easier to buy mandrel bends and then just weld the straight pipes"

My thoughts exactly, wtf were you thinking man, that shit looks horrid. Bad welds inside the pipe will cause turbulence of the air flow.

Mandrel bends should have been used.

Still dont understand why you bothered to go to all that effort doing dodgy welds when the bends are so cheap!!

I'd really want to check this guys credentials, next thing you kno when your booting it down the road the engine just drops out haha now that would suck ass.

I dont doubt your ability just make sure its all done properly, safety first.

boot_it
Post #143

QUOTE(MR 3KGT @ Dec 5 2007, 09:37 PM) [snapback]1281693704[/snapback]

"its SOOOO much easier to buy mandrel bends and then just weld the straight pipes"

My thoughts exactly, wtf were you thinking man, that shit looks horrid. Bad welds inside the pipe will cause turbulence of the air flow.

Mandrel bends should have been used.

Still dont understand why you bothered to go to all that effort doing dodgy welds when the bends are so cheap!!

I'd really want to check this guys credentials, next thing you kno when your booting it down the road the engine just drops out haha now that would suck ass.

I dont doubt your ability just make sure its all done properly, safety first.

u really r a wanker hows the engine goin to drop out when its using factory r32 mounts and xmember

STR8E180
Post #144

QUOTE(SecaBoy @ Sep 28 2007, 10:24 AM) [snapback]1281479216[/snapback]

LMAO at the welding on the intercooler pipes... and also the bends...

this is hilarious!!!

fuqs me why someone would make the bends the way you did when its SOOOO much easier to buy mandrel bends and then just weld the straight pipes... laugh.gif

OMG... lets hope i never have to drive next to this car... laugh.gif
at least the exterior of the car looks good... smile.gif

u dont know much do u
the jap's have been doing bends like that for years!!!! ive seen some jap builds where all the piping is done like that

QUOTE(MR 3KGT @ Dec 5 2007, 09:37 PM) [snapback]1281693704[/snapback]

tig welded piping??? explain to me how the welds are dodgy???

this is intercooler piping which i have made for a customer

note: the same type of bends used

IPB Image

boot_it
Post #145

QUOTE(STR8E180 @ Dec 5 2007, 10:50 PM) [snapback]1281693900[/snapback]

u dont know much do u
the jap's have been doing bends like that for years!!!! ive seen some jap builds where all the piping is done like that
tig welded piping??? explain to me how the welds are dodgy???

this is intercooler piping which i have made for a customer

note: the same type of bends used

IPB Image

the trouble is kempie ppl wont rag your work (because they just wont) and i might add kemp does quallity work

i would like to give all the ppl raggin lobster bends a ac/dc tig and let them have a go they will soon change there tune

as me and u know how much harder/different it is to weld alloy compaired to mild and stanless steel

MR 3KGT
Post #146

I dont know it must be a matter of personal opinion for me but dont you think a nice 45, 90 or watever degree mandrel bent piece would look much nicer then multiple welds?

TD 06
Post #147

Secafag, japs been doing it for long time, dont you watch hpi bra ph34r.gif

its not about looks i dont think with an engine?

MYB16
Post #148

QUOTE(MR 3KGT @ Dec 5 2007, 11:00 PM) [snapback]1281693928[/snapback]

I dont know it must be a matter of personal opinion for me but dont you think a nice 45, 90 or watever degree mandrel bent piece would look much nicer then multiple welds?

So now its about which option looks the best, not which performs the best?

STR8E180
Post #149

there is nothing dodgy about the welds at all infact his done pretty good
tig welding alloy piping isnt the most eazy thing to do alloy piping melts alot faster then steel so it does take alot more time to learn how to do

performance wise mandrel bend will perform beter because of its smooth flow but on a street car wat does it matter??

over in japan they are building full track race cars with lobster piping and they are doing Tskuba track in under 60seconds flat

51NGL
Post #150

Get the fuk over these bends and bitching....more pics of the car please!!!

Top work so far man!!!!

rM125_rYdA
Post #151

Get the fuk over these bends and bitching....more pics of the car please!!!

amen!!! id like to see HALF the people on here raggin boot its work to actually get out there and do it themselves, who cares and as for goin 200km/h and the tailshaft breaking pffft its a street car when if everwill the car go 200km/h i kno it is capable but with a car like that, as tempting as it is why speed an risk losing something youve spet so much time and money. stop bitching and admire the work done its good quality

SlOwDeO
Post #152

Thanks for the positive feedback fellas much appreciated. I dont bother answering to some of these questions anymore because im over explaining it, so thanks fellas who have done so (crab welding etc.)
My plan is to have it fully operational buy mid janurary.

Andwat15
Post #153

hey mate yeh im in the middle of converting my s13 sr20 n/a to a rb20 turbo well the sr20 no longer exsists aye the rb is in there now engine mounted up rb25 gearbox in tomorrow puttin the turbo on n reconecting fuel lines n so on. just one little thing the tailshaft is sticking out a little bit would i have to change the tailshaft or just the yoke???

JAM13
Post #154

pm boot_it dude

GSR
Post #155

or maybe KLV?

S13_RB26
Post #156

pics pics pics lol

SlOwDeO
Post #157

been very busy working on the house that i have just bought and have had next to know time to work on the car. Though now i have only 2-3weeks left on the house my time will be directed on finishing the car should be then defently a month or 2 till completo.
Like JAM13 said pm boot_it hes than man with knowledge on these conversions.

vr4sigma
Post #158

thats a slap up conversion if i have ever seen one, not one quality weld

hope your ready for the tailshaft coming through the floor and the gearbox draging on the ground when those doggy welds with no penetration break

and the piping lol only one word for it ABORTION !

im guessing you haven't seen what a broken tailshaft can do to the floor of a tin can like a nissan silvia but you will soon find out

amateurs ! unsure.gif

and just incase anyone wants to ask if i can do better ill answer that before the question has even been asked

my answer is BLIND FOLDED!!!

vr4sigma
Post #159

QUOTE(STR8E180 @ Dec 5 2007, 11:45 PM) [snapback]1281693992[/snapback]

there is nothing dodgy about the welds at all infact his done pretty good
tig welding alloy piping isnt the most eazy thing to do alloy piping melts alot faster then steel so it does take alot more time to learn how to do

performance wise mandrel bend will perform beter because of its smooth flow but on a street car wat does it matter??

over in japan they are building full track race cars with lobster piping and they are doing Tskuba track in under 60seconds flat

come on kemp dont compare you work to this not even in the same league

i understand alum is not easy to weld ,thats why he should leave it to the people that know what they are doing

takes years of practice to get it right

i give him an

A for effort

F for execution

suicidaL
Post #160

Allie welding is hard, you just have to be patiant and slow,

IT would be alright if they were getting ground off But i dont think they are

anyways, I still think your choice of Front/rear Bar are really bad, your puuting all this money and effort into it and then to chose them bars, Ekkk

Other then that, love it

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 5 of 5
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
12 User(s) are reading this topic (12 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x