Jump to page
GTRwilson
Post #106

QUOTE(TwinCam16 @ Mar 1 2007, 04:57 PM) [snapback]1280815311[/snapback]

holy old thread batman
rolleyes.gif i can see that.......

QUOTE(series 5 @ Mar 1 2007, 05:09 PM) [snapback]1280815349[/snapback]

are there any progress pics? I want to see the finished product

thats what i was thinking. its been going for ages so thought it still was......

321cya
Post #107

QUOTE(TwinCam16 @ Mar 1 2007, 05:15 PM) [snapback]1280815368[/snapback]

send Jason (321CYA) a PM, he no longer has the car, not sure on if it was ever finished.

the cars 99% finished

its still at the pannel shop and its been there scince august 06 angry.gif

dallasg
Post #108

why?

TwinCam16
Post #109

Ahh ok, that explains a few things

321cya
Post #110

QUOTE(dallasg @ Mar 1 2007, 08:21 PM) [snapback]1280816075[/snapback]

why?

coz the pannel shop has been slack but at the same time there was alot of work to fix up from the previous pannel beater

SlOwDeO
Post #111

Here are some pics that i took last week. Some final touches to the panel work. Almost there. Im hopeing in a few weeks it will be outta the panel shop finished. Got a new front and rear bar uras type s which ill add 2moro with a bit more info on how things are coming along and some slight changes ive made.

Cheers, mannix.

SurreaL
Post #112

worlds greatest thread biggrin.gif

cant wait to see the final product

mz20_drifter
Post #113

your car look so good mate
tops

GTRwilson
Post #114

anyone know if this project has had any progress? is it done yet?

51NGL
Post #115

QUOTE(GTRwilson @ Jul 6 2007, 01:44 PM) [snapback]1281219471[/snapback]

anyone know if this project has had any progress? is it done yet?

X2 looked like an animal in progress...

SlOwDeO
Post #116

ok im back on line again now with a few updates since i think may wavey.gif Heres where it left off with the next thing in line the rear bar. here is a few shots with it just trial fitted on just to get the picture. There wasnt any need for me to change or do anything with it BUT yes i did. tongue.gif I felt that the sides of the rear bar (looking flat as a pancake) did not flow with the side skirts looking aggressive eek.gif I had goof customize it, pumping it out and creating an edge that i feel looks like they are meant to be now. I also carried on what i had done with the side skirts and i had it moulded into the body. So sides were moulded and a bit of reshaping to the widebody to make them flow as 1. So in doing that top of bar was moulded into beaver bar elemenating the gap that sometimes occurs with aftermarket bars. Thing is now hopefully know 1 hits up the back of me ohnoes.gif 2moro i will u update on more including two tone kandy paint, split up with kandy graphics and interior in full suede by the boys at acacia custom trimming.

All Torque
Post #117

LOOKING MAD!!! Cant wait to see the end product.!!

ron180
Post #118

bowrofl.gif if its at Dr Kustoms it will be there forever before it will get finished

GTRwilson
Post #119

looks great!

EK1.6LCIV
Post #120

What an awesome project, great job so far!

Luke
Post #121

nice smile.gif

this thread was a good read

blv
Post #122

QUOTE(321cya @ May 6 2006, 09:21 PM) [snapback]6170007[/snapback]

just thought id show some pics of the rb25yoke welded to the silvia tailshaft

good news was i didnt have to shorten the tailshaft just cut the silvia yoke off and align the rb25 yoke to the silvia tailshaft and weld away

rb25 yoke next to silvia yoke look how much bigger the rb25 yoke is

silvia yoke cut off the tailshaft

aligning rb25 yoke to silvia tailshaft

rb25 yoke welded to silvia tailshaft

moddid tailshaft (painted black) next to a stock silvia tailshaft
looks just like a bought one smile.gif

I just noticed this thread, and seeing as i biuld tailshaft for a living, that is one of the worst things you can do to adapt that tailshaft. if i were the owner of the car, please, do not drive this car over 20km/h. it will vibrate really violently.

to do this properly, i use a dial guage that reads down to .01mm and my tolerance is .1mm. then the tailshaft needs balancing to make sure it doesnt vibrate. by doing this job on the floor by eye, your asking fro trouble, and ive seen tailshaft done like that let go, and its not a pretty site.

please PM me if you want the tailshaft done properly.

SlOwDeO
Post #123

Heres some more pics from the last couple of days with all the panel work complete now hsdance.gif it was finally time to paint bowrofl.gif
A few good coats again of primer were laid down to seal the whole car off again. About a days blocking and sanding was performed before any kandy was laid down. The 1st colour to be laid down was HOK Brandywine over cinder red on the bottom half of the car, 5coats were enough to achieve the colour and depth we wanted to achieve biggrin.gif Next on the agenda was to lay the tape down where the two colours are to be split. Once that was settled the brandywine was masked off. Now for the second colour to be laid. I have chosen HOK violet over silver. Sean (painter/owner of dr kustom) thought that a blend would look cool, so just above the brandywine he sprayed a red/purple down and faided it up the body and on 2 the bonnet just about 40cm up from the main break where the two colours meet. Once that was done he then sprayed down some rainbow flake under the 7 coats of violet kandy that followed. Paper was stripped from brandywine and 3 coats of clear with a touch of violet ice pearl to finish it off.
All this was then sanded down with 800 grit paper ready for graphics to be laid and flowcoated.
Now, the graphics is where its at the moment with the pics showing you. There will be three different colours all kandys over silver; cobalt blue, tangerene and organic green. Ive been told that these are getting laid down in the next couple of days and car will be leaving next week. bowrofl.gif facesjump.gif hsdance.gif thumbsup.gif

So then it will be off to trim shop which i will update 2moro on design and colours with a few pics of some trim done already.

321cya
Post #124

QUOTE(blv @ Sep 27 2007, 05:30 PM) [snapback]1281477177[/snapback]

I just noticed this thread, and seeing as i biuld tailshaft for a living, that is one of the worst things you can do to adapt that tailshaft. if i were the owner of the car, please, do not drive this car over 20km/h. it will vibrate really violently.

to do this properly, i use a dial guage that reads down to .01mm and my tolerance is .1mm. then the tailshaft needs balancing to make sure it doesnt vibrate. by doing this job on the floor by eye, your asking fro trouble, and ive seen tailshaft done like that let go, and its not a pretty site.

please PM me if you want the tailshaft done properly.

good one dickhead ive dont plenty of welded tailshafts like this and i didnt just eye it up i do other shit to align the shaft up properly and i will be getting the tailshaft balanced i just didnt get time to get the tailshaft balanced before it went to the pannel shop as i was on a time frame and i wasnt expecting the car to be in the shop for over 12mths

and just for your info this car has been over 20kph with no vibration biggrin.gif

but hey i dont give a shit what u say wavey.gif

blv
Post #125

theres no need to get abusive, and call me a dickhead. i have built more tailshafts then you have had hot dinners, and the way youve done it is just plain stupid.

and what other measures did you do to align it properly? i noticed you were quick to say that yet never pionted out what they were. plus the weld on that tailshaft looks like crap. did you notice the other welds holding the rear yoke in and the centre stub in. thats what welds are meant to look like.

you seem to be very amateur at doing that, and i wouldnt trust that work at all.

but hey after all, thank god its not my car, but i was trying to piont out from a professional piont of veiw, that what you have done is dangerous.

51NGL
Post #126

id father that silvias kids.... so damn hott man!

keep posting up progress!

SecaBoy
Post #127

LMAO at the welding on the intercooler pipes... and also the bends...

this is hilarious!!!

fuqs me why someone would make the bends the way you did when its SOOOO much easier to buy mandrel bends and then just weld the straight pipes... laugh.gif

OMG... lets hope i never have to drive next to this car... laugh.gif

at least the exterior of the car looks good... smile.gif

MYB16
Post #128

Are you serious?

blv
Post #129

^^^ yeah im not too keen on the exterior either, but hey, if the owner likes it, then good for him. i just feel sorry for him about the guy that did that tailshaft so unprofessionally.

Aiight
Post #130

i agree with BLV, if your going to do something like this it needs to be done correctly. dont half arse it then wonder why everything starts breaking 2000km down the track.

321cya
Post #131

QUOTE(blv @ Sep 28 2007, 06:45 AM) [snapback]1281478706[/snapback]

theres no need to get abusive, and call me a dickhead. i have built more tailshafts then you have had hot dinners, and the way youve done it is just plain stupid.

and what other measures did you do to align it properly? i noticed you were quick to say that yet never pionted out what they were. plus the weld on that tailshaft looks like crap. did you notice the other welds holding the rear yoke in and the centre stub in. thats what welds are meant to look like.

you seem to be very amateur at doing that, and i wouldnt trust that work at all.
but hey after all, thank god its not my car, but i was trying to piont out from a professional piont of veiw, that what you have done is dangerous.

i will get abusive to someone who doesnt know what i do for a livin and rags my work all the other welds on the tailshaft are done by a robotic welder while being turned

by hey like i said i dont care what u say none of my tailshafts have broke/vibrate of fallen apart and ive done lots of them over the last 15yrs

bazza69
Post #132

hot az

80SNA
Post #133

QUOTE(boot_it @ Sep 28 2007, 08:29 PM) [snapback]1281481378[/snapback]

i will get abusive to someone who doesnt know what i do for a livin and rags my work all the other welds on the tailshaft are done by a robotic welder while being turned

by hey like i said i dont care what u say none of my tailshafts have broke/vibrate of fallen apart and ive done lots of them over the last 15yrs

Mate, heres my unbiased 2 cents worth...

The guy offered you some great advice and even offered you his services..

and you decided to be an arrogant tool about it.

Grow the fcuk up, your not the smartest cnut in the world.. its his profession to build tailshafts and im 99.993431234% sure it isn't yours.

But hey, its your pride and joy.. so when you pop the shaft at over 200km/hr and your drive train fucks itself up the ass, dont post a thread whinging about it.

SlOwDeO
Post #134

QUOTE(80SNA @ Sep 28 2007, 09:08 PM) [snapback]1281481452[/snapback]

But hey, its your pride and joy.. so when you pop the shaft at over 200km/hr and your drive train fucks itself up the ass, dont post a thread whinging about it.

I think your a little confused mate. im the owner i did not do the conversion. He has told me that he has had no issues in the past with doing this and the ones arguing about this are missing one small thing, he did mention "and i will be getting the tailshaft balanced i just didnt get time to get the tailshaft balanced before it went to the pannel shop as i was on a time frame and i wasnt expecting the car to be in the shop for over 12mths"
which i agree is true and at the same time to be sorted out with cold start, aftermarket radiator, rear coilovers, 33 brake booster and other small things. So i do appreciate your advice and concerns but i dont want this boiling over and ruining the post head_wall.gif Though i think the 1st thing to go rant2.gif would probably be the diff which im also looking into, im thinking about buying a skyline rear cradle and hooking it up, just to keep my mind at ease when it gets a boot full.
cheers

80SNA
Post #135

QUOTE(SlOwDeO @ Sep 28 2007, 09:54 PM) [snapback]1281481543[/snapback]

I think your a little confused mate. im the owner i did not do the conversion. He has told me that he has had no issues in the past with doing this and the ones arguing about this are missing one small thing, he did mention "and i will be getting the tailshaft balanced i just didnt get time to get the tailshaft balanced before it went to the pannel shop as i was on a time frame and i wasnt expecting the car to be in the shop for over 12mths"
which i agree is true and at the same time to be sorted out with cold start, aftermarket radiator, rear coilovers, 33 brake booster. So i do appreciate your advice and concerns but i dont want this boiling over and ruining the post head_wall.gif Though i think the 1st thing to go rant2.gif would probably be the diff which im also looking into, im thinking about buying a skyline rear cradle and hooking it up, just to keep my mind at ease when it gets a boot full.
cheers

Fair call, sorry for the misunderstanding not trying to ruin the thread man.. its an awesome piece of work.. the car that is smile.gif

i :wub: the extensive exterior work.. silvia's make me h0rny

and its nice to see you arent actually cutting any corners in the drive train.. because piece of mind is priceless smile.gif

blv
Post #136

yeah the only corners cut were the intercooler pipes which are dodgey and the tailshaft which is dangerous.

boot it, i dont care if youve been doing it for 15 years, the piont is, its not professional. this guy has spent $1000's of dollars and teh motor/gearbox and even shitloads more on the exterior work, and yet you build intercooler pipes with no flex joins so they'll probably crack, you build a tailshaft on the floor and do a weld that a 3 year old can do better, and then get upset when i rag your work! well no wonder. And to add to the fact the uni's on a S13 shaft are crimped in non greasable ones, did you ever think when you laid down that horrible weld, that it will heat the grease up in the uni, cause it to boil and lose all its properties that stop wear, and in 5000kms will dry up and seize, causing an even worse vibration? your 15yrs expierance didnt think of that.

so SLowdeo, if you ever do consider putting an R32 skyline rear end in, please drop me a PM, and i'll do a professional job, and redo that tailshaft whilst im at it.

SlOwDeO
Post #137

got some shots off a mobile if use are interested, not the best pics as it was in the dark garage aswell bet u get the idea still lots of little things to do and detailing. Also the car is going back to the paint shop janurary to get the viollett redone and a full re-clear should only be the a week or 2max as ill be on my holidays lending a hand. (by this time everything will be done)
http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.p...9194&st=150

Klepo_69
Post #138

man thats gonna be 1 mad s13 keep up the work

Sparc0
Post #139

Nice smile.gif keep us posted up on her. Shes sure to fly smile.gif

chaos
Post #140

Why did you do your welds like that on the intercooler piping?

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 4 of 5
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x