Most Foolish Thing You've Done While Working On Your Car  

Page 3 of 3
Jump to page
all4XH
Post #71

no biggie...left the auto shiter half way between park and reverse....spent looking also for about an hour through fuses etc and yeah had a bit of a spack in the car and slammed the gearstick and then tryed one last time and yeah realised it was the shifter...

nearly called a towey aswell....thats would have been worse

Pushy
Post #72

Nothing that dumb... about 2 years ago had a crusty old VB 308. Changed the oil... while I was at it changed the water... Replaced the oil... drove off... who needs water? unsure.gif

Also a USA 2005, Aido thought he had a blown head gasket.... I asked "Is there a chance that both head gaskets could be blown..." blink.gif

I don't know Jap...

RBDRTY
Post #73

QUOTE(Pushy @ May 15 2006, 09:24 PM) [snapback]6197063[/snapback]

Also a USA 2005, Aido thought he had a blown head gasket.... I asked "Is there a chance that both head gaskets could be blown..." blink.gif

Thank god it turned out to be only a minor air pocket which I bled out asap!!

Was it you that asked me about the timing gears on an RB30 too Pushy? bowrofl.gif

KITTEN
Post #74

Never forget the time someone I know suggested to a rotary owner friend that he should get forged pistons for his new ride. There was silence..... then I swear all Bathurst St car park was in fits of laughter. I dont think he's lived it down yet!

WLD910
Post #75

QUOTE(KITTEN @ May 17 2006, 11:33 AM) [snapback]6201397[/snapback]

Never forget the time someone I know suggested to a rotary owner friend that he should get forged pistons for his new ride. There was silence..... then I swear all Bathurst St car park was in fits of laughter. I dont think he's lived it down yet!

damn i havent got robbie for that in ages!!! you've reminded me bowrofl.gif

suzuki_truck
Post #76

QUOTE(KITTEN @ May 17 2006, 11:33 AM) [snapback]6201397[/snapback]

he should get the head ported and polished too.... ha ha ha ha....

im a tossa i know....
but a mate told me to do that with my old rx7.

vt_commie
Post #77

wired neons to the ciggie lighter jack, used the wrong wire, it stuffed up the park lights? dunno y. they just always stayed on. took me forever to figure that 1 out.

a mate did the same thing, but it killed the dash and number plate lights. when i undid it at the servo his neon switch, turned on the alarm like a siren??? was funny untill he alarmed at a cop............................

nichy
Post #78

went to fill up today....opened the boot.

dont know why...felt silly

Mookie
Post #79

lol i've done that b4
cuz the fuel door and boot popper r right next to each other

nichy
Post #80

lol my are both key locked:)

its the fumes that do it to me

Liney Sarge
Post #81

*Jammed both my hands between rear spring and holder when working on my exes VC Wagon once (had to get some high school kid walking past to help me lift the back of the car up to remove fingies)

*De-carbonised the pistons in my first car (351 Ghia) with a scraper straight down the side of the slugs. Wondered why it smoked like Pattie and Selma after that.

*Replacing diff yoke in the same Ghia (due to old one being a bit flogged out) I wasn't happy with the pinion seal so I got my fingers behind the yoke and popped it out straight onto my forehead opening me up a treat.

*Adjusted the float level too much on my LTD after fuelling problem. Point is, turn key, fuel piss out shiteloads over coil (another 351) whoopsie FIRE STARTS.

Bound to be shiteloads more dumb shit that I've done but I've only ever done them once. Learn from your mistakes

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 3 of 3
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x