Honda Vs Nissan 24th March 2006  

Page 12 of 12
Jump to page
GTRVspec95
Post #386

QUOTE(Ahmad @ Mar 27 2006, 06:27 PM)
funny how everyone is like this person can do this blah blah, maybe they should have taken the day off and just went instead of saying this and that... seems like honda did awesome considering some people just think they are grandma cars. I would have loved to go, i have never been and from the replies seems like its an AWESOME DAY, maybe next time i guess...
[right][snapback]6059275[/snapback][/right]

Funny how said person was actually understaffed (as he is the properitor of the business) so he had to work on the day.

QUOTE(BVC_Bullet @ Mar 27 2006, 08:09 PM)
You might want to make mention of who your talking about cause if it's me, i put my name down to go on the list and got ignored. Maybe thats why i didn't show up.
[right][snapback]6059841[/snapback][/right]

People where signing up on the day ... and after the first sprint rounds had finished. The black Civic was not scheduled to run but we conned him into giving it a go as that was what the day was all about smile.gif

QUOTE(zuboo @ Mar 27 2006, 08:20 PM)
I would be up for it, if you opened it to swifts, it does a 56 around the sprint track, would give a few of the top runners something to chase.
[right][snapback]6059889[/snapback][/right]

You might want to check that time champ ... if he does a 56 a certain person on this forum would sure like to know about it rolleyes.gif

WHITE R32
Post #387

why dont we just have an open boostcruising track day with something like 50 cars... no preferred makes.. just go out and have a blast!!!!

zuboo
Post #388

time is right, it would hold the record for improved producton if was done at a cams meet, the car hold the records for mt cotton hillclime for up to 1300, 1300 to 2lt, and is just off the record 2lt to 3lt, but only ran at test and tunes for QR so no record more use the track for testing than racing, also did a 40 second lap at getton sprints 2 years ago. send a pm who ever wants to know more.

ONE600
Post #389

damn jamie! looks like swaybars should be next on ur shopping list. ur rolling like my bros pie van

180GO
Post #390

QUOTE(zuboo @ Mar 27 2006, 08:39 PM)
time is right, it would hold the record for improved producton if was done at a cams meet, the car hold the records for mt cotton hillclime for up to 1300, 1300 to 2lt, and is just off the record 2lt to 3lt, but only ran at test and tunes for QR so no record more use the track for testing than racing, also did a 40 second lap at getton sprints 2 years ago. send a pm who ever wants to know more.
[right][snapback]6059971[/snapback][/right]

Wow! thats awesome! much respect dude. smile.gif
I'm not sure that my 180 would run a 40 sec at Gatton but my old GTR ran 37.6 at Gatton same year as you, 2 years ago. Do you have a pic of the car? cause I don't remember it.

PKR
Post #391

Hey Rob was your Dad, or still is, into gas powered R/C cars? I worked at Hobby One for five years and sorta remember that black crx...he had a Ferarri at the time?

GTRVspec95
Post #392

QUOTE(ONE600 @ Mar 28 2006, 02:06 AM)
damn jamie! looks like swaybars should be next on ur shopping list. ur rolling like my bros pie van
[right][snapback]6060787[/snapback][/right]

Thats the bad thing Robbie ... I HAVE Sway bars in there tongue.gif

Didn't adjust the coilover stiffness on the day which I should of done rolleyes.gif

More suspension and cooling work will be done before I get back on thou wink.gif

200FAT
Post #393

Looks like you guys had loads of fun! Hopefully if another event is organised i will be able to join in and have a good time also biggrin.gif

17SON
Post #394

Great to see the positive feedback and thanks heaps guys. You were all great out there and I had a lotta fun organising it for you.

I was thinking of Honda Vs Nissan Vs Toyota next time...that could be good. I was also thinking of Nissan Vs Subaru....The GTRs and STis would be the battle of the century!

I'll get in touch with Keith and see when we can organise it for the second half of the year so we can get our cars all prepped for it in time. I'll be back to you in due course with an update so stay tuned smile.gif

ThunderBolt
Post #395

QUOTE(180GO @ Mar 28 2006, 07:59 AM)
Wow! thats awesome! much respect dude. smile.gif
I'm not sure that my 180 would run a 40 sec at Gatton but my old GTR ran 37.6 at Gatton same year as you, 2 years ago. Do you have a pic of the car? cause I don't remember it.
[right][snapback]6060875[/snapback][/right]

I think it must be Dave Homer's beast. That is the only swift that I can remember that holds records around Mt Cotton.

180GO
Post #396

QUOTE(ThunderBolt @ Mar 28 2006, 12:53 PM)
I think it must be Dave Homer's beast. That is the only swift that I can remember that holds records around Mt Cotton.
[right][snapback]6061532[/snapback][/right]

Geez it MUST be a beast! I love cars like that, and always seem to choose the side of the underdog. I'd pay money to see that thing whip an NSX type R or A or whatever the hell it is.... let alone an old crap 180 smile.gif

NISMO_31
Post #397

QUOTE(17SON @ Mar 28 2006, 12:44 PM)
Great to see the positive feedback and thanks heaps guys. You were all great out there and I had a lotta fun organising it for you.

I was thinking of Honda Vs Nissan Vs Toyota next time...that could be good. I was also thinking of Nissan Vs Subaru....The GTRs and STis would be the battle of the century!

I'll get in touch with Keith and see when we can organise it for the second half of the year so we can get our cars all prepped for it in time. I'll be back to you in due course with an update so stay tuned smile.gif
[right][snapback]6061504[/snapback][/right]

Also put in Mitsubishi so we can get some GTR vs EVO vs STI action, then thats would be great to watch thumbsup.gif

GTRVspec95
Post #398

QUOTE(NISMO_31 @ Mar 28 2006, 03:25 PM)
Also put in Mitsubishi so we can get some GTR vs EVO vs STI action, then thats would be great to watch  thumbsup.gif
[right][snapback]6061932[/snapback][/right]

A general 'Japanese Tuner' day would be good.

Then we can get John Tetley (Track owner) out in his FD3S to join in on the fun smile.gif

HSV
Post #399

All around jap day would be good. Theres two 90's here, another street 90 im sure wouldnt mind running, plus all the cressida/hachi boys as well.

angels666
Post #400

I know a jap boy keen smile.gif

BVC_Bullet
Post #401

I'd like to see some SR and CA Datto Utes and Coupes out there.

RetardedMonkey
Post #402

QUOTE(angels666 @ Mar 28 2006, 03:38 PM)
I know a jap boy keen smile.gif
[right][snapback]6061981[/snapback][/right]

Under 500HP tongue.gif rules Pete out, haha.

Nah, a general Japanese Day would be just awesome.

Would neeed to be spread across a few days imo, so many entries!

markI
Post #403

im ready to go
getting coilovers thursday - that should help!
have to think about some brakes....

NISMO_31
Post #404

Jap tuner day thumbsup.gif

Might have to bring the coupe out to represent old school jap tuning, but I'll need the speed limiter removed first dry.gif

angels666
Post #405

QUOTE(RetardedMonkey @ Mar 28 2006, 04:42 PM)
Under 500HP tongue.gif rules Pete out, haha.

Sif tongue.gif He lovesssssss QR smile.gif

zuboo
Post #406

QUOTE(ThunderBolt @ Mar 28 2006, 12:53 PM)
[right][snapback]6061532[/snapback][/right]

Yep thats the car, when he first put the turbo on i started helping him with the car, and have not stoped working with since, hes showed me how to setup fwds to go fast and i give him a hand when needed, he is now starting with the new swift and wanted it to go to a good home, had the car for a few months now, i would have come down for a look or to try to get on but was racing at jam.

here is a vid of the car. Its 50mg but worth the watch it you like to see fwds kick ass

http://www.redlinegti.com/videos/redlinegt...MWDave.Toyo.avi

ONE600
Post #407

QUOTE(PKR @ Mar 28 2006, 08:03 AM)
Hey Rob was your Dad, or still is, into gas powered R/C cars? I worked at Hobby One for five years and sorta remember that black crx...he had a Ferarri at the time?
[right][snapback]6060879[/snapback][/right]

Yea he still into it... probly even worst now haha... At least I dont have to worry when I get old

PKR
Post #408

haha plenty of toys to play with! He was a really good customer of mine, spent a fortune on rc cars and stuff. I think you or ya bro used to drop in and get parts for him sometimes.

Tell him i said G'day name is Paul.

qwk_R6
Post #409

i know that swift, tried to race me on my bike comin back from a test & tune at willowbank. pfft i had to laugh at that

ONE600
Post #410

went for a shakedown with some semis this time on tuesday. We ran 60.5 on sprint wink.gif

PKR
Post #411

woohoo! up the Honda's!!!

Good one mate! thumbsup.gif

ONE600
Post #412

We attended todays Saturday arvo sprints, new PB 59.6 smile.gif
I know u gona think im full of it but the engine is still stock, only with headers intake tongue.gif

We would of been 0.7 faster than the quickest nissan (R34 GTR) on the sprint layout.
Hope theres a next time soon!

PKR
Post #413

You have just outpaced a heavily boosted flagship vehicle!

Time for a K20a drool.gif

Well done! wink.gif

17SON
Post #414

Well done Rob. Good to see the Hondas doing what they do best on a racetrack smile.gif

I'll get onto organising a friendly rematch between Nissan and Honda for sometime toward the 3rd quarter of the year. We all has such a great time last time and it was a successful day so lets all do it again smile.gif

GTRVspec95
Post #415

QUOTE(PKR @ May 21 2006, 07:21 AM) [snapback]6213158[/snapback]

You have just outpaced a heavily boosted flagship vehicle!

Time for a K20a drool.gif

Well done! wink.gif

Hopefully there will be something better then a K20a going in there soon ...

QUOTE(17SON @ May 21 2006, 08:45 AM) [snapback]6213192[/snapback]

Well done Rob. Good to see the Hondas doing what they do best on a racetrack smile.gif

I'll get onto organising a friendly rematch between Nissan and Honda for sometime toward the 3rd quarter of the year. We all has such a great time last time and it was a successful day so lets all do it again smile.gif

I'll come out and play again Ash smile.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 12 of 12
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x