Honda Vs Nissan 24th March 2006  

Page 11 of 12
Jump to page
70XIN
Post #351

QUOTE(juelz @ Mar 26 2006, 12:06 PM)
lmao i cant believe wat i just read.. ur comparing That 180 to an "nsx"... so i suppose u mean a stock nsx.. nobody said if there was an nsx there it woulda been stock. i hope u dont think an nsx with equal amount of work done would get taken by a 180

That particular 180 is the fastest man around that track smile.gif so yeah, he does think it will own any NSX

Feeling silly now? wavey.gif

BoostedS15
Post #352

QUOTE(21EET @ Mar 24 2006, 07:04 PM)
Awesome day, anyone get all the times to compare nissan and hondas ? prob clubman track or the 1st one..

Also anyone know what happened to the S15 beast ?

HONDAs were awesome today smile.gif
[right][snapback]6050114[/snapback][/right]

Looks like i broke a HKS Heavy Duty Valve spring. The motor got a tad hot, time to go back to a clutch fan i think. Thermo's can't cope on QR. But yeah, misfiring between two valves.

lol even the best gear can fail sometimes.

Had a ball, the car was 100% as street driven, same tyres, same camber, same pressure, same everything and it was getting better and better.

Never been to QR before for a sprint day, but it sure as shit wont be the last! Had an awesome time. Thanks ash.

RetardedMonkey
Post #353

lmao i cant believe wat i just read.. ur comparing That 180 to an "nsx"... so i suppose u mean a stock nsx.. nobody said if there was an nsx there it woulda been stock. i hope u dont think an nsx with equal amount of work done would get taken by a 180
[right][snapback]6054000[/snapback][/right]

He holds the fastest lap time around that Sprint circuit, it's not how modded his car is (although it is modded alot), it's because he knows that track like the back of his hand.

HSV
Post #354

[right][snapback]6054000[/snapback][/right]

Yes I am comparing THAT 180 to an NSX, despite what you may think a NSX isnt the be all and end all of circuit cars champ. Driver ability plays a key role as to how quick the track is driven, I have 100% confidence, money backed, that THAT 180's driver WOULD be the quickest. Feel free to disprove my theoy however be warned that the 180 just might not have as many mods as you may think..........

BIG`O
Post #355

meh - he wasn't even there in the 180 - end of story smile.gif

RetardedMonkey
Post #356

QUOTE(BIG`O @ Mar 26 2006, 01:09 PM)
meh - he wasn't even there in the 180 - end of story smile.gif
[right][snapback]6054099[/snapback][/right]

didnt see no NSX either tongue.gif

BIG`O
Post #357

QUOTE(RetardedMonkey @ Mar 26 2006, 01:50 PM)
didnt see no NSX either tongue.gif
[right][snapback]6054168[/snapback][/right]

owner didn't want to waste his time. he heard the 180 wasn't gonna be there. why waste his time with gtr's tongue.gif
hahaha.
this is stupid
neither of the cars were there so leave it at that. those who entered had a great day, i enjoyed watching.
good to see some of us can get along as car enthusiasts - not just honda or nissan enthusiasts..

17SON
Post #358

It's great to see the guys and the spectators that attended the event had such a great time and on behalf of Jago we both had a ball organising for you all.

I can't thank you all enough for making the day happen. You all showed a lot of commitment and effort actually getting out there on a working day and making it all happen...So once again a big thank you to all Nissan and Honda drivers and you can be sure we'll be organising more track days like this again.

Now after a really good weekend it sickens me to come on here hoping and expecting to see people posting up about how they respect each others cars more as well as their own and how much they enjoyed the day...which to most of you alls credit you have done, but unfortunately its those guys who didn't attend the event and see the likes of CRX and Teggy Type R from Centrax take it to the big boys in the GTRs and come in only 1 second, yes 1 second behind them. Sure we all have our loyalties in our own cars, but the point of the event was to gain a little bit of respect for others which most of you already do.

I think some are failing to realise the purpose of the event. A long while ago when we had a Honda cruise, a fair few nissan drivers proceeded to come on the thread and give hondas shit. We challenged the Nissans to a track day. You beat us there's no doubt.....but your fastest car, a Nissan Skyline GTR was only one second faster than our fastest Integra Type R and for that I think Honda deserves a hell of a lot more credit than some of you guys are given them. We didn't expect to go out there and blitz the competition....but as most predicted...we certainly did surprise you all with our track abilities.

So thank you all who have given us the credit that Honda deserved on the day and in return full credit back to Nissan who not only won the day but did it in style too. I had a ball of a time and no doubt will organise more events like this in the past. Thank you also to all of the QR staff and hope to see you all again soon smile.gif

NISMO_31
Post #359

Well said Ash, and maybe next time we can upgrade you to P plates facesjump.gif

Andrew_OYE44
Post #360

QUOTE(NISMO_31 @ Mar 26 2006, 02:23 PM)
Well said Ash, and maybe next time we can upgrade you to P plates  facesjump.gif
[right][snapback]6054221[/snapback][/right]

Hahahaha

Hes still on the L's for now tongue.gif

54VED
Post #361

QUOTE(Andrew_OYE44 @ Mar 26 2006, 02:27 PM)
Hahahaha

Hes still on the L's for now tongue.gif
[right][snapback]6054226[/snapback][/right]

if his on L's I dont wanna know what I am wacko.gif

17SON
Post #362

Andrew you're a wanker lol tongue.gif Putting L plates on my car is only living you own expectations of yourself thru laughing at me tongue.gif

Woulda loved to have seen you track your car against mine tongue.gif Even though it seemed like I was trying out for the Honda FWD drift team with 4 spins out of 5 sessions lol, I think I still woulda whooped your candy ass tongue.gif

smiley
Post #363

your so shit ash..dont try act tough... lol tongue.gif:P:P

juelz
Post #364

QUOTE(70XIN @ Mar 26 2006, 12:22 PM)
That particular 180 is the fastest man around that track smile.gif so yeah, he does think it will own any NSX

Feeling silly now?  wavey.gif
[right][snapback]6054026[/snapback][/right]

i duno wat to sayy... stupid?? yes.. i meantt equal driver, equal set up... bye bye 180.. agree?

54VED
Post #365

QUOTE(juelz @ Mar 26 2006, 05:42 PM)
i duno wat to sayy... stupid?? yes.. i meantt equal driver, equal set up... bye bye 180.. agree?
[right][snapback]6054853[/snapback][/right]

180 vs nsx, well its not really a comparison as far as price tags go... the nsx is a better engineered car

a little bit of trivia.. the nsx and n14 SSS were both wheels car of the year in 94 (or was it 93)... does that mean a pulsar is as good as a nsx? hell no lol

GTRVspec95
Post #366

As Ash said ...

I love how the people who DIDN'T drive on the day are still pushing the hypothetical view points rolleyes.gif

Anybody up for Round 2 ?

51jay
Post #367

Well it turned out to be a good day for those who actually went....just as I thought it would.
Very disapointing for mick51 and myself. After strenuous efforts to replace a "no show" tow vehicle, a change of brake pads just befor leaving for the track turned up a very shonky rear brake caliper which made our White R33 a no show itself.
However we went along for a look and to say thanks to Ash for organising the event. Some very nice cars there.

HSV
Post #368

QUOTE(GTRVspec95 @ Mar 26 2006, 09:44 PM)
As Ash said ...

I love how the people who DIDN'T drive on the day are still pushing the hypothetical view points rolleyes.gif

Anybody up for Round 2 ?
[right][snapback]6056377[/snapback][/right]

Im all for it. Cept this time make it a any make day, within reason ie no shitboxes, and I bet a lot of people will be up for it.

GTRVspec95
Post #369

QUOTE(HSV @ Mar 26 2006, 10:14 PM)
Im all for it. Cept this time make it a any make day, within reason ie no shitboxes, and I bet a lot of people will be up for it.
[right][snapback]6056494[/snapback][/right]

Your calling my car a shitbox again aren't you Ben ? tongue.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

DAL32
Post #370

There's a guy who sometimes posts on boost who organises these every few months. I'd love to have a go but my car isn't quite up to the task of track work quite yet. Needs suspension done and such. (if it was stock 'sport' suspension it would be better but it's not)

juelz
Post #371

QUOTE(54VED @ Mar 26 2006, 09:23 PM)
180 vs nsx, well its not really a comparison as far as price tags go... the nsx is a better engineered car
a little bit of trivia.. the nsx and n14 SSS were both wheels car of the year in 94 (or was it 93)... does that mean a pulsar is as good as a nsx? hell no lol
[right][snapback]6056281[/snapback][/right]

yehh i kno i duno who brought up the 180 anyway but its just stupid

GTRVspec95
Post #372

QUOTE(juelz @ Mar 26 2006, 11:09 PM)
yehh i kno i duno who brought up the 180 anyway but its just stupid
[right][snapback]6056657[/snapback][/right]

Actually I bought it up and I fail to see how including him in this conversation is stupid ? dunno.gif

Considering he was scheduled to drive on the day; but was unable to due to work commitments and is the current Sprint course record holder.

Novice
Post #373

[right][snapback]6056494[/snapback][/right]

I, know there are a few guys on the renault forum who would love to run their renault clio sports and there renault meganes against other cars.
ta
ron

BVC_Bullet
Post #374

How bout a 4's/6's or Turbo v's V8 day?

54VED
Post #375

QUOTE(GTRVspec95 @ Mar 26 2006, 09:44 PM)
As Ash said ...

Anybody up for Round 2 ?
[right][snapback]6056377[/snapback][/right]

round 2.. oh yeah bring it on hahah... next time I'll have better tyres though and I think try the whole 'go slower to go quicker' motto wink.gif

markI
Post #376

toyota vs nissan vs honda day

all jap import day maybe??

GTRVspec95
Post #377

QUOTE(markI @ Mar 27 2006, 04:51 PM)
toyota vs nissan vs honda day

all jap import day maybe??
[right][snapback]6058630[/snapback][/right]

Kieth from QR suggested this for our next outing smile.gif

I'd love to come for another day to improve myself and the car ... plus its shitloads of fun

facesjump.gif

PS ... Don't forget Mazda, Mitsubishi and Subaru ... all of them have their track built cars which would be a blast to drive around wink.gif

BVC_Bullet
Post #378

i'd like to see how my dad's V8 Ute (as in #17 Falcon from the offical australian series) would match up against the guys you had there last friday. i checked the times you guys did and the V8 BRute lap record and there pretty close, if i remember correctly the BRute record is 2 seconds faster. We have brand new BF's this year and dropped the Adalaide record by about 2 seconds i think. Thats why i suggested the 4's/6's v's V8's day.

Ahmad
Post #379

funny how everyone is like this person can do this blah blah, maybe they should have taken the day off and just went instead of saying this and that... seems like honda did awesome considering some people just think they are grandma cars. I would have loved to go, i have never been and from the replies seems like its an AWESOME DAY, maybe next time i guess...

HSV
Post #380

QUOTE(DAL32 @ Mar 26 2006, 11:06 PM)
There's a guy who sometimes posts on boost who organises these every few months.  I'd love to have a go but my car isn't quite up to the task of track work quite yet.  Needs suspension done and such.  (if it was stock 'sport' suspension it would be better but it's not)
[right][snapback]6056652[/snapback][/right]

Uh huh. Prolly the same guy who organised one for today, changed the venue, didt bother ringing back, couldnt be gotten hold of after numerous calls and messages by 3 (THREE) different people....... Some organisation skills there dry.gif

QUOTE(GTRVspec95 @ Mar 26 2006, 10:50 PM)
Your calling my car a shitbox again aren't you Ben ? tongue.gif

laugh.gif 
[right][snapback]6056603[/snapback][/right]

Hell yes. The GTR will ALWAYS lose!!!111oneoneeleven

(p.s. Bosses 90 ran 2 secs faster than the best time ran in your session, standard engine, minimal mods. I ran 1 sec slower than the fastest on street tyres tongue.gif )

QUOTE(GTRVspec95 @ Mar 27 2006, 05:43 PM)
Kieth from QR suggested this for our next outing smile.gif

I'd love to come for another day to improve myself and the car ... plus its shitloads of fun

facesjump.gif

Im all for it, as is my boss. Im sure I can rustle a few more up.

BVC_Bullet
Post #381

QUOTE(Ahmad @ Mar 27 2006, 06:27 PM)
funny how everyone is like this person can do this blah blah, maybe they should have taken the day off and just went instead of saying this and that... seems like honda did awesome considering some people just think they are grandma cars. I would have loved to go, i have never been and from the replies seems like its an AWESOME DAY, maybe next time i guess...
[right][snapback]6059275[/snapback][/right]

You might want to make mention of who your talking about cause if it's me, i put my name down to go on the list and got ignored. Maybe thats why i didn't show up.

RetardedMonkey
Post #382

Nissan vs Toyota vs Honda

This would make ONE HELL of a day.

zuboo
Post #383

I would be up for it, if you opened it to swifts, it does a 56 around the sprint track, would give a few of the top runners something to chase.

GTRVspec95
Post #384

QUOTE(HSV @ Mar 27 2006, 07:11 PM)
Hell yes. The GTR will ALWAYS lose!!!111oneoneeleven
(p.s. Bosses 90 ran 2 secs faster than the best time ran in your session, standard engine, minimal mods. I ran 1 sec slower than the fastest on street tyres tongue.gif )
[right][snapback]6059560[/snapback][/right]

Ben ... your my hero ... let me have your babehs tongue.gif

You can blame the awesomely unskilled driver steering said GT-R for that tongue.gif

But I did catch up to the R34 GT-R at one stage ... cause it had a different driver at the time rolleyes.gif

user posted image

NOTE - Kids, this is the best reason to set your coilovers up properly ... I had more body roll then the dude from the Subways add before he went on a diet laugh.gif

RetardedMonkey
Post #385

QUOTE(GTRVspec95 @ Mar 27 2006, 08:21 PM)
NOTE - Kids, this is the best reason to set your coilovers up properly ... I had more body roll then the dude from the Subways add before he went on a diet  laugh.gif

I swear your car was going to fall on its side at some points around that corner tongue.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 11 of 12
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x