Attempting To Break A World Record - Come be a part of it!  

Page 2 of 12
Jump to page
skitz
Post #36

wish i had the hyundai going. mmmmm reverse donuts.....

boostaddict_4207
Post #37

QUOTE (skitz @ Dec 7 2009, 05:12 PM) *
wish i had the hyundai going. mmmmm reverse donuts.....

lol

tuff33
Post #38

sounds good i ll show u that a rb can do doeys lol hahahahhaha have to sent a email now count me in

BoGaNTaxI
Post #39

Do reversies in a fwd count mamoru.gif

rolla_boy91
Post #40

haha if there is reverse nuts im in tongue.gif

Sharpy
Post #41

email sent and posted on CHR

bazr33
Post #42

I wonder how many people are going to brake their cars trying to brake the record.

that will be a record in itself if no one does.

Every car cruise i have been on, someones car has shit itself or they have crashed, either way its upsetting but yet entertaining.

i'll hope come out and watch.

mr_squiggle_1
Post #43

There is a cut off at 100 cars.

Once we have met that its closed until someone decides to drop out.

The comprehensive insurance is for when the event is held in a public area i.e. car park, etc. No insurance will cover you once you pass through the pit lane gates. Compulsory 3rd party is what you will require.

Sharpy
Post #44

Like i said, i've emailed my entry. Is there info on how far apart cars will be etc? will we be going around a cone? or just cut hoops? i dont wanna be next to some p plater in a VN thats all.

oh..... and will the record be printed as in "100 cars do mass skids"

or

will it individually list people that took part?

do the participants get anything?

Manic 180
Post #45

sounds like a bit of fun email sent.

joe blo
Post #46

do i need to send the number plate number when i email? just that the one i would like to do it in isnt registered yet but will be by then. hopefully in the next couple of weeks but definately by then

police_chaser
Post #47

If anybody is willing to donate a tailshaft, a diff and a set of fresh tyres then i'm in

Sounds like a good idea but bowrofl.gif

HSV
Post #48

I'm in with my new car biggrin.gif

mr_squiggle_1
Post #49

QUOTE (Sharpy @ Dec 7 2009, 10:27 PM) *
Like i said, i've emailed my entry. Is there info on how far apart cars will be etc? will we be going around a cone? or just cut hoops? i dont wanna be next to some p plater in a VN thats all.

oh..... and will the record be printed as in "100 cars do mass skids"

or

will it individually list people that took part?

do the participants get anything?

The record will be printed however Guinness World Records want to print it. It will be done in a good light as they have no reason to bag anyone out that is breaking one of their records.

For your knowledge at this stage there are no "P Platers in a VN" entered. There will obviously be a lot of care given to ensure there will be no damage inflicted upon anyone's cars. But we can't prevent everything.

The participants get the bragging rights to say they were part of the record and the time on track it takes to complete the record for free?

zacy-g
Post #50

QUOTE (mr_squiggle_1 @ Dec 8 2009, 07:44 AM) *
The record will be printed however Guinness World Records want to print it. It will be done in a good light as they have no reason to bag anyone out that is breaking one of their records.

For your knowledge at this stage there are no "P Platers in a VN" entered. There will obviously be a lot of care given to ensure there will be no damage inflicted upon anyone's cars. But we can't prevent everything.

The participants get the bragging rights to say they were part of the record and the time on track it takes to complete the record for free?

This. What if it has a locker? haha
Might weld my mates diff up for this..

Rusty Night
Post #51

QUOTE (zacy-g @ Dec 8 2009, 10:11 AM) *
This. What if it has a locker? haha
Might weld my mates diff up for this..

its a modification to the cars drive line to make the rear wheels spin, so yes its allowed

mr_squiggle_1
Post #52

Up to 33 entries... still need more!

wbtonner
Post #53

just askin but if i weld the diff, will that be a modifcation not able to be entered, and spare cars should be there on the day jsut incase...

wbtonner
Post #54

i think i should read all comments before i make a statement from the first page....

yumcha33
Post #55

I'd be keen, could probably get a few people together! Is there really enough room at QR for a hundred cars?

Stokesy
Post #56

i like donuts... maybe should get sponsorship from donut king or something? lol

email sent aswell, keen as

mr_squiggle_1
Post #57

QUOTE (yumcha33 @ Dec 9 2009, 12:18 AM) *
I'd be keen, could probably get a few people together! Is there really enough room at QR for a hundred cars?

There is more then enough room at QR. The track is 3.12km. Can you fit 100 cars on 3.12km worth of highway?

lotusmk1
Post #58

hey neil so i would be correct in guessing that unregistered cars wont be allowed?

mr_squiggle_1
Post #59

Well I'm not entirely sure... I have to double check. I don't understand myself why it would be a problem but I will have to check.

Ill get back to you.

mr_squiggle_1
Post #60

Waiting on a response re the rego question. Probably won't hear from them till Monday though.

Sharpy
Post #61

How do we know if we have been accepted? I know my email has been read as I get receipts when its been looked at, but no response?

MagicMike
Post #62

QUOTE (Sharpy @ Dec 10 2009, 09:23 PM) *
How do we know if we have been accepted? I know my email has been read as I get receipts when its been looked at, but no response?

I haven't got a reply either sharpy oopsie.gif

mr_squiggle_1
Post #63

The entries have been put onto a spread sheet. Im getting further details put together at the moment to send out.

If you have been contacted it will be because you haven't been able to get through. Like someone wanting to do fwd reverse donuts. If you haven't been contacted just yet it is because you are on the list and I'm waiting so I can send all the info you will need through at once rather then a bit here and there.

The annoying part is waiting on info from the tv show as to what they want.

Devils Rotor
Post #64

I'M IN!! E-mail sent...

mr_squiggle_1
Post #65

Up to 48 entries! needed 47 to beat the record.

Keep the entries coming, if we can double the record that would be excellent!

VS Style
Post #66

Im in! Email sent :-P...

I two am worried about rockin up next to a bloke who thinks this he is the next DK when in reality he is only a DH.

Whats the gap going to be between the cars?

James keen to go out and tune the skills on err private property?

mr_squiggle_1
Post #67

There will be ample space left so as to avoid any incidents.

So long as everyone shows some respect to each others vehicles and knows their limits, then we will have no issues.

doripig_01
Post #68

So hope i have the Corolla ready if so i can join the fun... can the rego be from interstate??

mr_squiggle_1
Post #69

Rego from interstate is fine. I have sent off an email to request non-registered vehicles be allowed entry. Ie. some drift guys that have de-rego'd their cars.

RWD cars only too.

doripig_01
Post #70

oh sweet, ill put a memo down as a maybe to attend.. ph34r.gif engine conversion is being done next week, so hopefully all the bugs are sorted by then...

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 12
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x