1992 Nissan Pulsar N14 SSS  

Page 3 of 3
Jump to page
Beebs
Post #71

QUOTE (TwinCam16 @ Mar 22 2011, 08:11 PM) *
Only the N15 SSS and gtir has the AD22VF calipers, the N14 sss had the smaller ones.

Really? I was under the impression all the SSS had 22's?
Oh and NX-R's had the 22's, i know that for a fact.

o2sss
Post #72

on the engine plate then 1 of the identificatoin plates lol

TwinCam16
Post #73

QUOTE (Beebs @ Mar 22 2011, 08:14 PM) *
Really? I was under the impression all the SSS had 22's?
Oh and NX-R's had the 22's, i know that for a fact.

Not correct.

the nx-r does, but the 4 n14's do not.

TwinCam16
Post #74

QUOTE (o2sss @ Mar 22 2011, 08:15 PM) *
on the engine plate then 1 of the identificatoin plates lol

Shit, now you're testing my memory :)

I know the build plate does not, it only states it's an SR20.

But the Australian compliance plate may.... Been too long :o

vkrb20
Post #75

QUOTE (TwinCam16 @ Mar 22 2011, 04:49 PM) *
You require a mod plate for that engine to be legal.

No he doesnt. This car came with an sr20 and as that is the case all he needs to do is let queensland transport know about the new engine number.

Reece_911
Post #76

How did you get the neo engine? Looking at doing the same coversion. Pm me :mamoru:

Mhassar
Post #77

QUOTE (vkrb20 @ Mar 22 2011, 10:04 PM) *
No he doesnt. This car came with an sr20 and as that is the case all he needs to do is let queensland transport know about the new engine number.

as we said mate, sr20de and sr20ve engines are different, if the n14 pulsar came with the sr20ve as factory then it would be ok, but cause it didnt its still required to get a mod plate

TwinCam16
Post #78

QUOTE (vkrb20 @ Mar 22 2011, 09:04 PM) *

You can't just cull off the last section of a model number because you believe it is irrelevant.

MAD4DAT
Post #79

lol looks like you bought the bonnet of need for speed or something! cool little wolf in sheeps clothing but (sleeper)

phatrides
Post #80

QUOTE (derb @ Mar 22 2011, 12:42 PM) *
GTI-R bonnet fail.

ye lose bonnet get stock.

iamhappy46
Post #81

QUOTE (ride29er @ Mar 22 2011, 06:48 PM) *
so your saying that the sr20VE is quicker than the SR20det?? I had mine on the dyno when it was stock at it had 140kw(sr20det)

Stock SR20DET swap should pull a mid 13 if the driver is not obssessed with spinning the wheels mid track. Whats wrong with a N/A engine pulling very similiar times?

QUOTE (El Pedro @ Mar 22 2011, 07:10 PM) *
Ok well let me know when you take it out. If done in the next two weeks I got $100 that says it won't run a 14.2 or better.

Give me 3 weeks, pump that to $500 and I will take those odds in my N/A SSS :) I would even say make it interesting with a 12.4 or better

QUOTE (02GZM @ Mar 22 2011, 07:35 PM) *
Explain how you have it running off a switch.... It's a hydraulically controlled actuator in the rocker arms. In the SR20VE ECU, as long as it detects sufficient oil pressure and temperature it'll let the solenoid engage the locking pin between the rockers. It'd also be running extremely lean on the more aggressive cam lobe as the SR20DE ECU wouldn't understand what's happening.

Are you trying to say that you manually press a button that supplies power to the pressure solenoid to lock the rocker arms? Cos that's just stupid and most likely bullshit.

Same as the VTEC oil solenoid. It opens and flows oil when 12V is sent to solenoid, you can trigger them via a simple ON/OFF switch. Surprisingly, the DE ECU runs quite rich from factory so as it approaches the limits of the stock ECU, fuel mapping is actually quite suitable althoug ignition timing is a little less than optimal for peak torque etc. Still, does go reasonably well.

QUOTE (TwinCam16 @ Mar 22 2011, 09:23 PM) *
Shit, now you're testing my memory :mamoru:

I know the build plate does not, it only states it's an SR20.

But the Australian compliance plate may.... Been too long :)

It says SR20(DE) on the plate.

QUOTE (Mhassar @ Mar 22 2011, 10:37 PM) *
as we said mate, sr20de and sr20ve engines are different, if the n14 pulsar came with the sr20ve as factory then it would be ok, but cause it didnt its still required to get a mod plate

Actually, it doesnt. Have a read through the Queensland LA mod plate booklet, find the section on 'approved' engine upgrades which specifies that an engine of the same series may be fitted without requiring a mod plate. The fact the SR20VE reduces exhaust emissions is also a bonus.

OP, send me a PM and I can direct you to the guy who can approve the swap as a legitimate upgrade of the engine WITHOUT needing a Mod Plate :P

xcindaax
Post #82

sr fail hahaha, 2j 1j 1.5 j WINNN

ridebmx114
Post #83

i have i lot of rims u have 2 with that many pot holes around :/

hahah i know thats why i still have stockos

you would have seen me around your friends with jordon arent you

i drive a silver nissan pulsar 1997

i really like this car good luck with it

o2sss
Post #84

yer i am friends with jordan 2 bad he lost his license like me :/ and thanx i enjoy it alot still got alot more stuff 2 do :thumbsup:

OZY-20
Post #85

give that bonnet back to the poor gtir u stole it off!!! lol

o2sss
Post #86

y probs geos just as hard as a gtir :) lol

iamhappy46
Post #87

Something to aspire to...

http://www.sr20-forum.com/vvl/43282-my-300-hp-ve-thread.html

Looks like there will be an All Motor SR24VE 11 second pass in the very near future.

o2sss
Post #88

that bloody sick ass hahaha

Accent93
Post #89

Nice and quick car every time i drive this makes me want 1 smile.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 3 of 3
Jump to page
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x