1993 Mazda Familia BG GTR  

astronboy
  • astronboy
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 74,037
Post #1 post 19th May 2011 - 02:45 AM
Engine:1.8Lt BPD

Exhaust: 3 inch mandrel with Hi flow cat

Suspension: Stock coilover suspension (its low)

Wheels: 15 inch Enkei with Federal tyres

Modifications: Haltech 500 Sprint ECU,Sard injectors (800 or 850 cc unsure),EBoost Street electronic boost controller (hi and low settings),lightened flywheel,Exedy cushion button clutch,larger aftermarket FMIC with custom piping,pod filter.Mazspeed 5 speed transmission

Stereo Audio / Visual: Kenwood CD/DVD head unit ,6.5 inch splits and Pioneer 12 inch subwoofer in back

Estimated Power:Unknown -awaiting dyno readouts to come from tuner (Sydney).Over 200KW at all four wheels

This post has been edited by astronboy: May 19 2011, 02:57 AM
1993 Mazda Familia Bg Gtr

Check out these other rides...

Comments

• Boost Network 33
  • synster
    Post #2

some info mate?

i love these things

Distinctive.Detail
    Post #3

race me.....???

azitiz
    Post #4

cool info bro

45SET
    Post #5

Late 80's early 90's is where all the awesome Jap cars are made...

This has to be one of the cooler ones!

jacksonx
    Post #6

are these things even really that great? ive head storIes about them being fucking amazing, yet ive seen........................... one? on the road in my whole life!

it sounds stupid bUt if they were as good as people say they are, why are there so little amounts of them on the road?

The Doctor
    Post #7

dont mind these

astronboy
    Post #8

QUOTE (jacksonx @ May 19 2011, 09:03 PM) *
    are these things even really that great? ive head storIes about them being fucking amazing, yet ive seen........................... one? on the road in my whole life!

it sounds stupid bUt if they were as good as people say they are, why are there so little amounts of them on the road?

Although there are quite a few GT-X's around (admittedly I haven't seen any for a while either!!!).There were only 2500 GT-R's made to homologate it for group A rallying...so yeah they are a bit rare mate especially one in THIS condition .

And yes its great fun to drive ...if a little laggy with the stock turbo...still no worse than , say an early WRX.It loves to rev!

rolla boi
    Post #9

Love these cars and was originally wanting to purchase one. These engines are quite underrated and in a lightish sort of car can really get up and boogie. Will believe those power figures when I see the proof though. Nonetheless nice clean car mate

176OES
    Post #10

Driven both the GT-X, the GT-R and a Pulsar GTiR.

This is definitely top of the list in all ways in my opinion. The GT-X was such a nice well balanced car, but the GT-R just felt sooo much better. I dont even rate a Pulstart by comparison to either of them.

Very nice little example you have there... hang on to it smile.gif

ayden m
    Post #11

That thing is wicked !!

astronboy
    Post #12

QUOTE (176OES @ May 19 2011, 09:24 PM) *
    Driven both the GT-X, the GT-R and a Pulsar GTiR.

This is definitely top of the list in all ways in my opinion. The GT-X was such a nice well balanced car, but the GT-R just felt sooo much better. I dont even rate a Pulstart by comparison to either of them.

Very nice little example you have there... hang on to it smile.gif

Cheers mate.Shall do!!

dontmesswifdarex
    Post #13

Dont you think 200kw is a bit over board???? doubt you'd make even 150kws ATW

astronboy
    Post #14

QUOTE (dontmesswifdarex @ May 19 2011, 09:54 PM) *
    Dont you think 200kw is a bit over board???? doubt you'd make even 150kws ATW

Thanks for your thoughts, as I said I'm waiting for the confirmation...the high boost peaks at 21 psi, and the stock GTR turbo is good for 450hp so I'm expecting a fairly high reading!.Cheers

VTR
    Post #15

Different....

dan-828
    Post #16

chillin down at wello i see. cool lil matchbox car though, handle good seeing as its AWD?

GTRVspec95
    Post #17

Don't hurt the gear box as they are know to be hard and expensive to replace

kiwislik
    Post #18

QUOTE (GTRVspec95 @ May 19 2011, 11:42 PM) *
    Don't hurt the gear box as they are know to be hard and expensive to replace

i had one bout 5 years ago, had to replace turbo, gear box mostly everything, still wouldnt give it up for the world, crazy lil 4wd that would give everything a decent go with the right mods

rorrie
    Post #19

oh i love these i remember mine well it wasn't turbo but was a cool little car to drive very rare and expensive in australia

astronboy
    Post #20

QUOTE (dan-828 @ May 19 2011, 11:08 PM) *
    chillin down at wello i see. cool lil matchbox car though, handle good seeing as its AWD?

..yep i live in the Redlands ..
    Handling is fantastic...i 've owned a RS liberty ..way better.
    Parking is too easy as well!.
    The gearbox was relaced with another when the ECU and tuning were done in 2010 down south.
    Looking after the gearboxbox, no high rev launches for this car...were never meant for that....gotten lots of education on Fordlaser.com...
    Cheers!

niggys13
    Post #21

So jealous!

I could never find a decent one.
    Felt they were way over priced, only gets worse over time as they're thinning out in numbers. sad.gif

Julian89
    Post #22

They are good cars, the BPD engine is underrated and are awesome, (stock forgies etc). I owned a tx3 with a BPT engine and it went hard. 20psi is a lot of boost. You will probably get around the 160-180awkw mark. But the power to weight ratio would be to your advantage.

Desu
    Post #23

I quite like it smile.gif

Pure Evil
    Post #24

Do like

NOL499
    Post #25

Looks pretty cool

djshannon
    Post #26

these are a great car just the gearboxes arnt the best...the black ones look better though

figgoat
    Post #27

Great car.....just sold my KC Laser with the BPT conversion.....the power to weight is awesome, too much for a daily if you want to hold on to your licence though...jealous!

derb
    Post #28

QUOTE (figgoat @ May 20 2011, 04:16 PM) *
    Great car.....just sold my KC Laser with the BPT conversion.....the power to weight is awesome, too much for a daily if you want to hold on to your licence though...jealous!

Tell me about it. BG Astina with BPT, had the car about 2 years 3 months. Have had 6 tickets, went on a good bahaviour bond, got 4 tickets during that 1 year period that were reassigned. Just got back onto 12 points but it's not gonna last. Even in 4th you get to 100kph from 60 in about 3 seconds.

vectorazz
    Post #29

love it

TGW92
    Post #30

Very nice man, great to see some older gap cars still in decent condition with some well considered mods.

2500 made, must be pretty rare by now I would imagine...

Julian89
    Post #31

dyno graph?

astronboy
    Post #32

QUOTE (Julian89 @ May 26 2011, 10:15 AM) *
    dyno graph?

..still waiting for it mate!...can't be too far off .cheers

Ist.Sheriff
    Post #33

Man I loved this car! Cried as I watched you drive away lol I have alot of video of her being dyno tuned 209kw @ all 4 wheels. Did envy ever send you dyno sheets? Do yiu still have her?

catman
    Post #34

...LOL!...i had a long drive ahead of me didn't I?.

Long story mate.
    yes i did finally get the dyno graph thanks....right now engine/drivetrain gone into another GTR shell-- almost finished...sheer luck really ...

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x