Bc Christmas Charity Cruise 2004 - Sunday 12th December 2004 BE THERE!  

Page 1 of 12
Jump to page
king of the concrete jungle
  • king of the concrete jungle
  • IH8WRX has been sold!
  • Member No.: 2,998
Post #1 post 1st October 2004 - 02:32 AM
See the Article and Pictures Here https://www.boostcruising.com/featuredevent...Cruise_2004.php

With great pleasure I am able to announce the official 2004 Boostcruising Christmas Charity Cruise .

*** OFFICIAL PHOTOGRAPHER IS V8DREAMER (ANNA) AND JUSTDAVE ***

The details are as follows:-

DATE:- Sunday December 12th 2004
CHARITY THE EVENT WILL BE IN AID OF:- Gold Coast Hospital Childrens Ward
DONATION:- $10 per person

THE EVENT WILL GO AHEAD RAIN, HAIL OR SHINE AND WILL NOT BE POSTPONED

THIS EVENT IS STRICTLY ALCOHOL AND GLASS FREE. ANYONE CAUGHT CONSUMING ALCOHOL IN THE CAR PARK WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE

ANYONE CAUGHT DRIVING IN A MANNER DANGEROUS ON THE CRUISE AND/OR IN THE BWCP WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE EVENT AND HANDED TO POLICE FOR PROSECUTION. NO EXCEPTIONS OR EXCUSES!

PLEASE REMEMBER THERE WILL BE A LARGE NUMBER OF MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC, MEDIA AND SPECIAL GUESTS IN ATTENDANCE. PLEASE ALSO REMEMBER WE ARE REPRESENTING THIS SITE AND WHAT IT STANDS FOR SO ABIDE BY ALL RULES, LAWS AND REGULATIONS AT ALL TIMES. WE ARE ON SHOW TO THE COMMUNITY DO THE BC NAME PROUD THAT IT DESERVES AND HAS WORKED HARD FOR

VERY SPECIAL THANKS TO AUSSIE, THE OWNER OF AUSSIE KEBAB'S AT ROBINA WITH A DONATION OF $600 AND ALSO NERANG RSL FOR THE USE OF THEIR BBQ smile.gif

Raffle on the day will include

1st place $1000 Boostin clothing www.boostn.com.au

2nd Place $500 Concourse detail using zaino brothers from some legend cool.gif

3rd place $175 Injector cleaning Pats car care!

Meeting Points

Northside Cruise Leader:- McLEOD & AVALONEA (Josh)
Aspley Hypermarket Corner Albany Creek Rd and Gayford St (leads from Maundrell Tce) - in the corner section of the carpark closest to McDonalds and Coffee Club up next to Gayford St - most easily identified car is Avalonea's white SIL80 with black bonnet http://avalonea.boostcruising.com meeting time will be 9:00am for a 10am departure.

Ipswich/Western areas cruise leader:- Mrs_GSR (LJ)
Meeting spot 1 8.30am is the bp/ flames on the warrego highway just past the fernvale turn off this is the servo with flames seperate. please park next to the diner in the car park !! Meeting spot 2 8.45am will be Shell Servo at redbank/ goodna. If you are meeting here please make sure customers have full access to the bowsers and stores. Meeting time will be from 9.30 and 9.45am leave at the latest. If you are meeting with the ipswich group please see this thread https://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....showtopic=51788

Sothside Cruise Leader:- SILVIA EXTREME (Pat)
Map Reference http://image-cache.boostcruising.com/datab...244pslfile1.gif
Southside 9.30am meeting spot will be Sunnybank Rugby Union and Associated Sports fields on the corner of Padstow Rd and Granadilla St. If there is not enough room here there is a netball park next door with more parking.
https://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....=ST&f=2&t=52045 for more information.

Gold Coast Cruise Leader:- BOOSTEDS15 (Chris)
Meeting Time: 10AM
Leaving time: 1030am SHARP.
Arrival at BWCP Estimate : 1050am.
Meeting Spot : Coomera Train Station on FOXWELL ROAD. at COOMERA.
If heading NORTHBOUND on the M1, take the BP COOMERA EXIT, then go OVER the highway and take the FOXWELL ROAD exit at the roundabout. The train station is on the left hand side a few hundred meters up the road.
If heading SOUTHBOUND on the M1, take the DREAMWORLD EXIT, then turn LEFT at the roundabout onto FOXWELL ROAD. The train station is on the left hand side, a few hundred meters up the road.
From there, we will exit BACK onto the M1, and head SOUTHBOUND, take the SMITH STREET exit and Follow to the GOLD COAST HWAY and turn RIGHT onto the G/C H/Way and follow till BWCP.
Any questions?? If the carpark at foxwell road ISNT big enough, (It is bigger than BP Coomera, or Yatla, frankly anywhere i could think of!) then we can park along the side of Foxwell road

At these meeting points specially made stickers will be give upon the handing of car owners donations, and special tickets to passengers. Car owners will then be required to give their details to the people handing out the stickers. The details will be kept for the day and a number will then be writen on the sticker AND THE STICKER MUST BE DISPLAYED ON THE FRONT WINDSCREEN OF THE CAR

user posted image

REMEMBER THIS IS A CHARITY CRUISE SO WE ARE RELYING ON YOUR HONESTY TO PAY FOR YOUR TICKETS AND I'M SURE EVERYONE HERE WOULD DO THE RIGHT THING AND PAY

We will then cruise to the BWCP. All cars are then to put their cars on display.

At approximately 11:30am we will arrive at the BWCP. An organisation will then put on a BBQ lunch for us, and for a few dollars we will be able to purchase a sausage sandwhich and drink etc etc. Monies raised from the BBQ will also go to the Gold Coast Hospital Childrens ward. During the lunch break there will be children bought from the hospital along with their parents and hospital staff, to look at our cars to hopefully put a smile on their faces.

At 2pm a presentation will be made to certain cars that have been judged during the lunch break by sick children, their parents and staff of the Gold Coast Hospital and are deemed worthy of awards. Those winners will receive trophies

Categories for the trophies are the following:-

Four Cylinder naturally (Sponsored by the Lincom Group, Brisbane)

Four Cylinder Turbo/Super (Sponsored by W.A.S.P. Performance GC)

Six Naturally (Sponsored by W.A.S.P. Performance GC)

six turbo/super (Sponsored by Mrs Beckham)

Peoples Choice (Sponsored by W.A.S.P. Performance GC)
**TROPHIES TO BE PRESENTED BY RON CLARKE GCCC MAYOR**

Club Display (Sponsored by the Lincom Group, Brisbane)

Best Car Forum Display (Sponsored by Balco)

Rotaries (Sponsored by Pat's car care and repairs Redcliffe)

V8's naturally (Sponsored by Cutting Edge Automotive Burleigh)

V8 Turbo / Super (Sponsored by ACE Fastners Currumbin)

Kids choice (Sponsored by Mrs_GSR)

Best Paint job (Sponsored by Dulvari Prestige Detailing, GC)

Most Unreal Graphics (Sponsored by Wild Rose Information Services P/L, Coolingwood Park)

Best Engine Bay (Sponosred by W.A.S.P. Performance GC)

Stereo (Sponsored by W.A.S.P. Performance GC)
Best Setup

Best interior (Sponsored by Autobarn South Tweed Heads)

Hottest Holden (Sponsored by Mrs Beckham)

Fattest Ford (sponsored by Brennan Business Solutions)

Best Hotrod (Sponsored By Balco)

Best Mini truck (Sponsored by Pat's car care and repairs Redcliffe)

Best 4wd (sponsored by Qld Tollway For more info log onto www.qldmotorways.com.au )
^ They're providing free toll for those heading down from Ipswich!

Best Motorbike ( sponsored by Sir Boost)

After the trophy presentation the cruise will conclude, HOWEVER I would hope we could all cruise safely to the Spit or Esplanade or even stay in the BWCP.

Specific times and meeting points, along with trophy catagories will be posted as soon as I have the final details so PLEASE KEEP WATCHING THIS OPENING POST FOR FURTHER DETAILS AND ANY CHANGES

After many long and hard choices I decided the Gold Coast Hospital Childrens Ward to be the beneficiary for the following reason:-

1.) We all love to cruise the Gold Coast, in particular the BWCP and Esplanade so I thought it was a great oportunity to give something back to the Gold Coast
2.) The Brisbane's Children Hospital gets heaps of fund raising activities, and very little is done for the GCH.
3.) I thought this might have also been a chance to show both the media and businesses on the GC we have hearts and this is the type of things we love to be involved with and give back to the community.

If I could have, I would have loved to help every single charity out there but it was just impossible so I had to make a very hard choice and based on the above I thought this was the right charity for us to dedicate the cruise to.

I would like to say a special thanks to Mrs GSR for her help as it has been tremendiously appreciated and also a very special thanks to pray.gif pray.gif Mcleod for allowing this to be an offical BC event. If this event goes well it will become an annual event.

THIS CRUISE IS OPEN TO EVERYONE, NOT JUST BC SO PLEASE THE MORE THE BETTER AS EVERY CENT RAISED IS HELPING THOSE THAT NEED IT THE MOST AND IT WOULD BE GREAT TO OVER FILL THE BWCP smile.gif

I'M CALLING UPON THE ENTIRE CAR COMMUNITY TO SUPPORT THIS CRUISE, WHETHER YOU HAVE A CAR, 4WD, MOTORBIKE, HOTROD, MOTORISED SCOOTER TO YOUR CHILDS PEDAL POWERED CAR. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT CAR FORUM YOU COME FROM EITHER. I'M AIMING TO RAISE ABOUT $20,000 WHICH I DO NOT BELIEVE TO BE UNRESONABLE OR IMPOSSIBLE (That's 2000 people in total) SO PLEASE GET BEHIND THIS AND SUPPORT IT. LETS SHOW THE GC COMMUNITY WE ARE NOT ALL HEARTLES "HOONS" AND LETS WORK TOGETHER TO MAKE THE LIVES OF THOSE NOT AS FORTUNITE AS US A LITTLE BETTER. AFTER ALL ONE DAY WE WILL ALL BECOME PARENTS AND IT'S A COMFORTING FEELING TO KNOW IF OUR CHILDREN WERE EVER IN HOSPITAL THERE IS SOMEONE WITH THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT LOOKING AFTER THEM. IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN SICK AS A CHILD IN HOSPITAL YOU WILL KNOW WHAT I'M TAKING ABOUT

***** Please also note folks the following which may help us all one day*****
From BC User NXT51

Hey guys,

I want to have a survey available on the charity cruise day, for all willing participants. I've spoken to Rick about this and am hoping that you will be keen to have surveys on hand to ask people to complete when they hand over their $10 etc.

The survey is basically a few questions about the importance of being in a car club, the level of their involvement, the number of clubs they're in, and a few demographic questions. I've done it so people just tick/circle their preferences. I'm hoping to write a report from the research to provide to the media as well as government agencies to educate them more about the values of car clubs/meets etc. to the (young section of the??) community (who knows - the results may show that people really don't care about being in a club - or that it is very important to them...)

If you would be happy to be a distributor of this survey, please email me on [email protected] so I can send you the survey via email for your perusal and also to send it through the mail (with pencils etc.) to you so you are not paying for the costs of printing etc... (yes I'll need your postal address ) I think I'll be at either the Aspley or Sunnybank meeting spots so I can do some surveys there myself (as well as all through the day of course).

Obviously I need to send the stuff by Wednesday (Coast) or Thursday at the latest to get it to you before Saturday..

Thanks guys , hopefully I can get some decent statistics!! By the way if you have any questions please contact me!

Claire

This post has been edited by Mcleod: Dec 13 2004, 08:28 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell!

View IH8WRX here https://www.boostcruising.com/readersrides/entry/6/9374.html
lo beema
Post #2

Ill be there, u want any help for nth side organisation let me know. Ill have 3 cars in it definatly maybe 4 and will be full 2 help fundraise for the kids. thumbsup.gif 2 ya dude this is definatly worth the effort and I hope we get a gr8 turn out and everyone involved.

The three of us will be meeting at the Apley hypermarket front car park at about 9.30-10 so we can be at BWCP for 11.30 whats everyone else on the nth side doin?

Sir Holden
Post #3

Well done Rick, lets get behind this guys smile.gif .

Mrs_LJ_GSRRVR
Post #4

Hey rick sounds good hun will talk to you laters on biggrin.gif

LJ

RalliSki
Post #5

I'm in! Hopefully should have the the GSR back on the road by Christmas this year...fingies crossed! biggrin.gif

70XIN
Post #6

Awesome idea dude biggrin.gif i'll be there smile.gif

15EXN
Post #7

i'll be in switzerland but sounds good

hope every1 gets involved

shamrock^stickers
Post #8

I'm in like flint.

Mcleod
Post #9

I'm going to do my best to make sure this is big :-)

-
Mcleod

REXbomb
Post #10

Swooiitt azzz..count me in

HOON69
Post #11

yeah i'll jump on board...

its for a good cause...

cheers

hi_lux
Post #12

hey rick you can count me in, im good for a a cruise if it supports sick kiddies.

VS Style
Post #13

This is going to be HUGE... Im there, might even buy a new front bar for the occassion, or lower it tongue.gif

QUOTE (RalliSki @ Oct 1 2004, 09:52 PM)
I'm in! Hopefully should have the the GSR back on the road by Christmas this year...fingies crossed! biggrin.gif

Yeah right!!! tongue.gif

if it is i'll be wit ski smile.gif

Lowie

scan
Post #15

i'll be there with bells on this is a much worthy event. all should be involved if u been in to the childrens ward u would see how much they need to keep it going and how much the kids would love an extra bitta funding. i will be asking my business for a donation i would ask that all ppl if u work ask your business for a helping hand every dollar helps and who knows u your family your children may at one time need this.

Shad0wblade
Post #16

count me in, and ill see how many others i can get to come

-Paulie-
Post #17

im there there, should be a great day biggrin.gif

nvd50xl
Post #18

Me and my baby will be there... Might even bring the girlfriend hahaha she is my other baby thumbsup.gif

lotusmk1
Post #19

i shall be there for sure thumbsup.gif

and i couldn't think of a better cause

mshan26
Post #20

ill be in. Maybe closer to the date can we organise a sunshine coast meeting point. Im sure i can scab together about 6 - 10 cars possible more as more of mates will ahve there licnese by then. Cars might be "crap" bt hey its wheels and i agree with everyone else to say that this is a great opertunity to give somthing back to what one day you may need yourself.

@cid
Post #21

Yeah gonna make sure i can keep my calendar open for this event. should be a good day out

LAID courier
Post #22

ill go for sure, shud b a good day

noremac82
Post #23

will be there for sure, good to see BC getting behind a charity cruise, will tell heaps of ppl, and yeh good on ya for putting it up so everyone has a chance to spread the word and keep the day free thumbsup.gif

urban_angel
Post #24

yeah yeah i'll be there! i'll whore a ride or someething if i dun have my car by then! biggrin.gif

Crossie
Post #25

ill be there!

Great idea KOCJ *gives a big pat on the back*

Barely Legal Customs
Post #26

yuppers... count me in..

i'll try russle up a few other cars thumbsup.gif
p.s. awesome idea

G-Stylz
Post #27

Hell yeah im in, its for a good cause so sweet as.

Will try an get some of my mates 2gether from tweed heads way too. biggrin.gif

RBS13DET
Post #28

FARK OATH! ill try and scavange around the 10-15 mark but i know that there will be shiot loads from south brisbane that will go.............
thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
im doubting that the company that i work for will help, Major white goods ...but i can only ask....

chins up dude's GONNA BE BIG blink.gif

dreeft
Post #29

I can't see why we wont be there smile.gif

Burgz
Post #30

id be there if it was the next weekend, im eligible for my licence on teh 16th, so it looks like i cant go sad.gif

Princess 180
Post #31

Yep I'll come along for this one biggrin.gif

hassle
Post #32

hi my name is dominic i am interested in joining in,, as well as i own a business on the gold coast an are more than happy to sponser a trophy or two,,, just contact me,,, dominc 07 55625777

3S-GTE Man
Post #33

Yeah i like the sounds of this very much, any thing for them kids!!! And also if it give us a good look maybe it can change just some not everyones minds aobut us as the stereo type as hoon's then its well worth it!

I just hope theres a "SLEEPER" area in the prizes area, lol!

Nezza wiggle.gif

TRD_Camry
Post #34

done deal!! im there for sure!

QUOTE (Mcleod @ Oct 1 2004, 11:47 PM)
I'm going to do my best to make sure this is big :-)

-
Mcleod

Hell Yes!!

Rick..........put me down for two trophy sponsorships.

two big ones wink.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 12
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x