Post #1 post 16th March 2013 - 04:49 PM
Engine: straight six rb30

Exhaust: 2.5 inch with pacemaker extractors

Suspension: ultra low

Wheels: standerd

Modifications:

Stereo Audio / Visual:

Estimated Power:

Hey this is my 1988 executive vl commodore. I am converting it to a manual very soon and i was wandering in 5-10 years time would you pay more for it being a manual or for being a factory auto? Please comment.
1988 Holden Commodore Executive Vl

Comments

• Boost Network 47
  • VLCommo
    Post #2

Take u non serious comments elsewere

Wraith
    Post #3

QUOTE (VLCommo @ Mar 17 2013, 04:00 PM) *
    Take u non serious comments elsewere

It's a VL. It isn't worth anything.

Draven
    Post #4

What the guys above have said, its only a standard VL, if it was say a Group A, Aero or even a Calais it MIGHT be worth more in 5 years... But sorry this is only an Executive which means it wont be worth jack...

VLCommo
    Post #5

That wasnt what i said. I asked would u pay moroe for this being a manual or a a factory auto

Draven
    Post #6

Ok in 5 - 10 years time... Wont matter if its manual or Auto i wouldnt offer any more then $500 and to some people on here that would be a generous offer...

mark1414
    Post #7

QUOTE (VLCommo @ Mar 17 2013, 04:38 PM) *
    That wasnt what i said. I asked would u pay moroe for this being a manual or a a factory auto

He means that being an executive it wont really go up in value that much by being 100% stock. Maybe once they become super old and a little harder to find but in 5 years there will still be a few around.

vodevil
    Post #8

What does it matter if its a manual or factory auto in 5-10 years time? If you're modding for the possibility of offloading it in 5-10 years time AT A PROFIT (including mods), then a VL really isn't the appreciating investment to start with to be honest. In 5-10 years time a VL will probably attract the most cash as stock, no mods, for other people to modify. Do whatever is right for you now.

Wraith
    Post #9

Will there even be any VL's around in 10 years or would they all of rusted away.

VLCommo
    Post #10

Mines got not a single bit of rust. Why do use bother commenting if u dont like vls

Draven
    Post #11

QUOTE (VLCommo @ Mar 17 2013, 07:17 PM) *
    Mines got not a single bit of rust. Why do use bother commenting if u dont like vls

You asked for peoples opinions, and thats what you have got! You have to take the good with the bad when you post a car up on Readers Rides, thats just the way it is, If you dont like it dont post it, it is that simple!!!

I actually dont mind VL's but as i said before, this is pretty much a bog stock Executive VL ... Nothing really special about dunno.gif

VLCommo
    Post #12

Its stock thats the whole point. You dont see em like this anymore.

Draven
    Post #13

QUOTE (VLCommo @ Mar 18 2013, 03:26 PM) *

See plenty of bog stock VL's around dunno.gif If i was try and get a VL in 5 - 10 years i wouldnt be looking for a standard Executive!!!

VLCommo
    Post #14

What u men by bog

wolfman101
    Post #15

You know, what builders use?

Anyway, I would give you $12.60 right now, with an optimistic chance of an increase to $12.61 in 100 years.
    What a strange "investment" car.

VLCommo
    Post #16

No its had no bog the original owners sold it in 2008

Draven
    Post #17

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Mar 18 2013, 06:43 PM) *
    You know, what builders use?

Anyway, I would give you $12.60 right now, with an optimistic chance of an increase to $12.61 in 100 years.
    What a strange "investment" car.

I know you are trolling the "Bog stock" comment

QUOTE (VLCommo @ Mar 18 2013, 06:46 PM) *
    No its had no bog the original owners sold it in 2008

Oh wow... REALLY???
    unsure.gif

wolfman101
    Post #18

OH MY.

joe blo
    Post #19

its da truf. vls are mad but, specially the turbo variant

"bog stock" refers to completely standard. not bog poo

DAL32
    Post #20

Congratulations on your clean VL, you will be able to sell it for $500 more than market value.

Ergo, a manual conversion is a false economy as you will lose more than $500 doing the conversion.

mark1414
    Post #21

QUOTE (DAL32 @ Mar 19 2013, 01:45 PM) *
    Congratulations on your clean VL, you will be able to sell it for $500 more than market value.

Ergo, a manual conversion is a false economy as you will lose more than $500 doing the conversion.

About 10 years ago if you had a manual v6 commodore it seemed to be worth a lot more than an auto one. I remember when I bought my auto commodore in 04 there was heaps of cheap auto ones but even the shit manual ones seemed to be selling for 2k-3k+ as opposed to sub 1k.

.Tim.
    Post #22

The guys are pretty much right, its a base model. Transmission is irrelevant except to the buyer, some buyers will want an original auto, some will want a manual. Doesn't mean the vehicle will be any more valuable one way of the other.

Compare it against the market for a 6cyl Kingswood... another 10yrs older... same story, no one is going to pay a mint more for a manual because its an inexpensive easy changeover to do if they want to buy an auto and do it themselves.

Yes, yours might be a clean example... which means you might get a grand or two above value of an average one(if you find the right buyer who is prepared to pay extra for that) but just because its tidy doesn't grant it with any form of extra rarity or market desirability.

It may not be what you want to hear, but its the truth. Like it or not

joe blo
    Post #23

youl see/understand when your 20

clutch-monkey
    Post #24

but it's a timeless shape guys

8700s14
    Post #25

10 years time, that thing is worth sfa be it manual or auto

crpstra
    Post #26

QUOTE (mark1414 @ Mar 19 2013, 01:49 PM) *
    About 10 years ago if you had a manual v6 commodore it seemed to be worth a lot more than an auto one. I remember when I bought my auto commodore in 04 there was heaps of cheap auto ones but even the shit manual ones seemed to be selling for 2k-3k+ as opposed to sub 1k.

Still do Vn up.

Vince
    Post #27

You'll crash it into a tree in 6 months anyway so this thread is useless.

VLCommo
    Post #28

No.

Faun-
    Post #29

QUOTE (VLCommo @ Mar 18 2013, 02:26 PM) *

search "VL"on carsales and then change sort to LOWEST PRICE FIRST.. the first 10 or more vl's (the cheapest) are all BOG stock.
    so therefor they are worth nothing.
    good day sir.

VLCommo
    Post #30

There all not as good condition and over 200000 ks

Draven
    Post #31

QUOTE (Faun- @ Mar 27 2013, 05:38 PM) *
    search "VL"on carsales and then change sort to LOWEST PRICE FIRST.. the first 10 or more vl's (the cheapest) are all BOG stock.
    so therefor they are worth nothing.
    good day sir.

This

QUOTE (VLCommo @ Mar 27 2013, 08:35 PM) *

Seriously dude, give up, your grandpa spec VL wont be worth much more then it is now in 5 - 10 years if that!!! , if you want an investment car find something that is a limitied edition and only has a small amount of them made like the Walky only around 750 made!!!

8700s14
    Post #32

QUOTE (VLCommo @ Mar 27 2013, 08:35 PM) *

Oh, ok, yours is probably going to be worth $50,000 in a few years time then...

habib1987
    Post #33

I kinda have to agree with the others, I do like the stock look, however since its the base model, I'm not sure how much in value it will go up.
    I think a VL Calais/Berlina or higher might be a better bet, if you could find one. Especially the calais with that different front, it looks mean as.

HowAboutNo
    Post #34

They said the same thing about old Valiants. Dad picked up a fully optioned E38 Charger for $2,000 years ago. Now they're worth their weight in gold. As I'm coming on to my L's, I'd love a VL.

gutless
    Post #35

Should be worth a mint! Best engine Holden ever produced!

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 2
    Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x