Car Auctions? - they worth a look?  

aust_italian
  • aust_italian
  • Budding User
  • Member No.: 28,339
Post #1 post 17th August 2005 - 09:40 PM
Hi everyone,
im looking to sell my car and upgrade (finally finished uni and got a full time job so i can afford it at last!)

im looking to get a BMW e46 318 for the low 20s. so im looking at the first ones made around 98-00. obviously any newer versions the better.
anyways i was thinking of having a look at some of the car auctions. ive never been and i live on the gold coast so i could go to the brissy ones aswell.
can you please tell me if it worth having a look at the auctions or are most of the cars there dodgy and not worth the risk? also whats the chance of seeing and e46 up for auction.

If you think they are worth taking a look can you please tell me which ones to go to and where they are or websites etc.....
cheers
rick

--------------------
Black BMW e46
Black and Silver Suzuki GSX-R 600 K3
MY IS2
Post #2

There are some good auction places around, you can see them in the courier mail auction section on saturdays but most car ones dont sell bmws or the like very often, so you dont save huge amounts of money. Most of the car auctions are for ex government cars and the like and so you have pretty basic cars. Like holdens commodores, ford falcons and nissan pulsars. However in saying that it is an auction and you can get very lucky at some of them.

DreamensioN
Post #3

Every now and then they do have reposession auctions. You generally see lots of sports or luxury cars there.

My very first car was a repo vehicle, bought that back in 1996 - and we still have it. Runs really well.

VY2NV
Post #4

have you tried:

1. www.autogroup.com.au
2. www.pickles.com.au

and thats all i can think of atm

Euro $tyle
Post #5

my neighbour is one of the head auctioneers at autogroup. good auction.

aust_italian
Post #6

thanks for the responses guys, anymore ideas or info please keep them coming.

shawty_drifta
Post #7

theres a few auctions out in eagle farm i think it is? yeah thats in brissy, a suburb that heads out towards the airport.. theres about 3 there, my dad goes to them every wednsday and friday cause there the best auction days to go.. free food and drinks at one biggrin.gif lol

but yeah there good, not dodgy in my opinion been to em a few times.. went there recently & they have had the bmw's your after but yeah you should check it out for yaself. thumbsup.gif

SITH 1
Post #8

my brother buys a lot of cars for the auctions, but says you need the money up front???

and most are ex-cop cars.....all in great order and cheaps ad chips.

VY2NV
Post #9

QUOTE(SITH 1 @ Aug 18 2005, 04:44 PM)
my brother buys a lot of cars for the auctions, but says you need the money up front???

and most are ex-cop cars.....all in great order and cheaps ad chips.
[right][snapback]5292463[/snapback][/right]

You got that right SITH 1

racsov500
Post #10

They are definately worth a look, sometimes you can get real bargains

vh-holden
Post #11

in the nt, the car auction places don't have to provide any form of warranty. so if you buy a piece of poo, you are stuck with a piece of poo.

you can't drive the cars, but you can start them up.

not sure about interstate.

EVOLVE
Post #12

anycar you get from auction has no warranty. Fowles are alright, although some cars have been damaged then repaired and then when the person can't sell it its back on the auction. You have to throughly check the car. I know fowles has 1 auction a month devoted to luxury and sports cars.

s|r_b00st
Post #13

these auction cars dont come with safety certs.

that can be a problem because as said previously u can be stuck with a POS and you cant point the finger at anyone

NINJA
Post #14

My ex just got a nice BMW 318i s for 19g from a car yard in QLD so maybe if you shopped around a bit you might find what your looking for, just a tip wink.gif

aust_italian
Post #15

QUOTE(UNIT @ Aug 18 2005, 10:25 PM)
My ex just got a nice BMW 318i s for 19g from a car yard in QLD so maybe if you shopped around a bit you might find what your looking for, just a tip wink.gif
[right][snapback]5293146[/snapback][/right]

e46? i highly doubt it
as for e36 you can find a tidy one for 15g privatly
i am shopping around but most are auto
i want and must have black manual!! drool.gif

aust_italian
Post #16

QUOTE(123abc @ Aug 18 2005, 09:09 PM)
anycar you get from auction has no warranty. Fowles are alright, although some cars have been damaged then repaired and then when the person can't sell it its back on the auction. You have to throughly check the car. I know fowles has 1 auction a month devoted to luxury and sports cars.
[right][snapback]5293024[/snapback][/right]

fowels in brissy???

16vClio
Post #17

Albion Auto Auctions deals only in prestige cars.... they will have any BMW you want

DJC
Post #18

QUOTE(s|r_b00st @ Aug 18 2005, 10:19 PM)
these auction cars dont come with safety certs.

that can be a problem because as said previously u can be stuck with a POS and you cant point the finger at anyone
[right][snapback]5293138[/snapback][/right]

... but yourself, for being such a dick and buying a POS. tongue.gif

Fluffy Llama
Post #19

It would be good to go to one someday. Just out of curiosity, see the bargains! tongue.gif

DAL32
Post #20

Someone I know recently bought a BMW 318I 1999, from a certain car yard on the northside for about $27k and he has spent about $3k on electrical work(power windows etc) ugh.gif Can't help ya about the auctions though I know nothing about them. Probably check out that one at Albion like 16vClio said.

Manic 180
Post #21

pinapple street Qfleet auctions
they mainly deal with ex gov vehicles
but also deal somtimes with reposesions and estate vehicles
the auctions are on wednesday and fridays of each week,

VUGGS
Post #22

city motor auctions on kingsford smith drive, theyve reguarly got mx5's, wrx's, bmw, mercedes, seen a few porsche etc.........

EVOLVE
Post #23

www.fowles.com.au if your heading to brizzy airport you can see the thousands of cars bulked up next to the freeway.

www.pickles.com.au another auction just around the corner i've heard from fowles, but haven't gone there cause some how fowles has a better range of damaged cars for me.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x