Where To Ride - A bunch of places to ride, feel free to add more  

Page 1 of 2
Jump to page
rufio25
  • rufio25
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 145,732
Post #1 post 6th September 2010 - 02:54 AM
Now, before you guys think "Oh god, not another 'places to ride?' thread", I thought it would be a good idea to put all of the known places to ride in the one thread to stop these threads popping up. If it's worthy, maybe it could be stickied :)

In no particular order, below is a few places(both legal & illegal) that may or may not be known to alot of people but hopefully it helps a few guys out. Feel free to add any more places as you wish.

Now, I have not been to all of these places personally. I am going off of personal experience, word of mouth & internet searches.

Black Duck Valley-Gatton-Legal
Pretty pricey but worth it.
http://www.blackduckvalley.com/

Manar Park-Proston-Legal
bikes, 4x4 & camping. Can't go wrong
http://www.manar.com.au/

RTCB-legal
$25 for all day riding. Held in various locations. Held every 1 & half - 2 months. Yamaha usually has a stall set up where you can test ride the latest model bikes etc. Good for all ages, experience. Highly recommend.
http://www.rtcb.net/

Johnson Rd, Browns Plains-Illegal
Personally have never been here, have been 4x4ing there though. Few sandy tracks,long open spaces. I am not to sure on police presence here.

Foxwell road, Coomera-Illegal
Not 100% sure on this one. Maybe someone can clarify. I am pretty sure it will be under development soon & there has been a high police/security presence as of late

Motocross Mountain-Cooyar-Legal
Again, never been here. Have had friends that have & have spoken highly of it.
http://www.motocrossmountain.com.au/

Dalby moto-Legal
Highly recommended. Usually 2 days of riding I believe over the weekend, with camping on Saturday night. I'm pretty sure all money raised usually goes back to local schools etc.
Keep an eye on their website for ride dates.
http://www.dalbymoto.com.au/index.php?cmd=...ews&go=true

Logan Village Pine Forest-Illegal
Great riding, Can get dusty if it hasn't rained for a couple of weeks/months. Lots of traffic, be careful of 4x4's & other bikes, keep to the left where possible & slowing down for an intersection is a must!
Police will blitz the area every now & then, usually giving out warnings(depending on attitude from yourself & other riders). I believe a rider has been killed in an accident with a 4x4 here.
Most people enter via the 'power lines' Which is off Waterford-Tambourine Road, just past Camp Cable Road.

Sandy Track-Beaudesert-Illegal but tolerated
A fair few years ago someone has made a track at this place. Have never known police to go there once, even though it is on a main road. Track is fairly sandy, bit of fun for a couple of hours riding with jumps & burms.
Heading towards Boonah from Beaudesert along Beaudesert Boonah Road, it is on the left hand side just before Upper Allan Creek. Road.

Behind Power Station-Swanbank-Illegal
not to sure on this one, best ask that_rodeo_guy :P lots of trails if you start where the old trains are

Ormeau-Illegal
I have been 4x4ing her before but was under the impression it was hard to get to now due to development/security/police. I could be wrong though. Feel free to check it out though. again, be careful of people in 4x4's. right next to M1 basically pull off just after exit and park behind guard rail and go down into the bush from there.

Reedy Creek - Legal MX track
Ok, Ive never been to an mx track before. so i cant give advice on this. However, I believe you will need some sort of national race licence?Can someone please clear that up?
http://www.goldcoastmxclub.com.au/goldcoas...lub/default.asp

Stanmore Mx Track - Legal MX track
as above
http://www.stanmoremx.com.au/

GHM, Wamuran, Ningi, Coochin - Illegal - Brisbane Northside?
I have never heard of these places before, let alone know where they are. Maybe LUXPSI can clear it up for us, thanks.

Glen Echo - Gunalda - Legal
just had a quick look at the website. Looks like a place I'd definately like to go. Reasonable pricing too. $30/day or $50 for overnight stay and riding. STRICTLY PHONE BOOKINGS. FRIDAY, SATURDAY & SUNDAY.
http://www.glenechopark.com.au/index.html

Ripley - Binnies road - Illegal
Good beginner stuff dry creek bed through the middle, tracks run off either side. good sized flat bit out the back for kids to learn on. Usually quite empty, the odd 4x4 hanging around. Thanks Jet.

As most people do, me & my friends have places we ride where few to none know about. But, I will add more when they come to my head.

Also, remember that in most of these illegal places, there will be 4x4 drivers. Be courteous, slow down for intersections, slow down dont go leaving a dust cloud when passing a 4x4, give respect & you will receive respect in return. haha. I know you 4x4 guys hate that

I hope this helps out a few people & please feel free to add more places to ride as everyone is always looking for new places to ride.
Enjoy.

This post has been edited by rufio25: Sep 9 2010, 03:29 AM
that_rodeo_guy
Post #2

Behind swanbank power station. Kinda hard to explain, but I usually start where the old trains are. From here you can go out in a couple different directions for ageeees. Some of it would definitely be illegal, but only seen cops once and security every now and again.

mick86VL
Post #3

mint thread u got most of the places.....

coomera has yeh big stone blocks up at the old park up places. but there is a big gravel area u can get into now and park up been there all day and got no trouble it wont be there for long but...

another one: ormeau- right next to M1 basically pull off just after exit and park behind guard rail and go down into the bush from there. never seen cops but sure they'd see the cars parked up.

REEEDDDYY CREEK! burleigh

and

STANMORE - legal mx parks

rufio25
Post #4

also, opening soon!!
Wyaralong Trail Bike Facililty-Legal, definately legal.
Schouie, along with others, have been working hard with the state & local governments to get this place up & running. It will be on Beaudesert-Boonah Road, halfway between Boonah & Beaudesert. I live in Beaudesert so I can't wait for this place to open, as long as the pricing is not as steep as Black Duck.

Check out the proposed layout. As you can see by the scale at the bottom of the page, it is going to be fairly big.
http://www.sportrec.qld.gov.au/Portals/0/R...oncept-plan.pdf

LUXPSI
Post #5

There's a fair few tracks up northside..

*Illegal*

-GHM
-Wamuran
-Ningi
-Coochin

^^All of those tracks link up to each other one way or another.

*Legal*
-Glen Echo

JeT
Post #6

Ripley - Binnies road - Illegal. Good beginner stuff dry creek bed through the middle, tracks run off either side. good sized flat bit out the back for kids to learn on. Usually quite empty, the odd 4x4 hanging around.

that_rodeo_guy
Post #7

Hey rufio you should add all these places into your original post I reckon. And like set it out real good kinda thing. As in bolded parts and stuff lol :Drink:

rufio25
Post #8

QUOTE (that_rodeo_guy @ Sep 8 2010, 09:29 PM) *
Hey rufio you should add all these places into your original post I reckon. And like set it out real good kinda thing. As in bolded parts and stuff lol :Drink:

Whats wrong with my setout? haha

Point taken, will do either on my lunch break or tonight. I will try and add in a couple of more places too.

Also, RTCB is on this Sunday. Gates open at 7am with riding from at 8am-3pm. $25.

rufio25
Post #9

As requested, new places have been added to the original post. Starting to get quite a list now.

tonneroffun
Post #10

top effort man,only problem i have is some of the legal rides dont let quads on them,makes no sense to me

that_rodeo_guy
Post #11

QUOTE (tonneroffun @ Sep 9 2010, 09:42 PM) *
top effort man,only problem i have is some of the legal rides dont let quads on them,makes no sense to me

I thought that was weird too until I went on my first ride. A quad wouldn't be able to do half the tracks...

And yes, looks good man! :Drink:

Also, this is a google image of where I start if that helps anyone.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps/mm?q=swanba...mp;t=h&z=16

that_rodeo_guy
Post #12

Also someone already mentioned it I think, but this is the Binnies road area. Just start at the end of Deebing Creek Rd and you'll see where to go.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&q...=15&layer=t

gnarlynick11
Post #13

reedy has practice days during the week you can just pay for day licence if you dont have ma licence

rb1990
Post #14

ceeda creek

rufio25
Post #15

Just thought I'd let you guys know that in the local paper this week there was an article on illegal activity (riding, 4x4ing etc.) in the Logan Village Pine Forest. It is private property & you are only allowed there with permission from the owner. There will be a crack down by police & security until the situation is under control again.

Just sayin'

lux44
Post #16

glasshouse mtns/ beerburum...legal on rego bikes, heaps of fire trail even more single track
hot tip- take a gps cause up can go 'up down turn around' and get bush wacked preety quick!

MYS13
Post #17

QUOTE (lux44 @ Sep 24 2010, 09:17 PM) *
glasshouse mtns/ beerburum...legal on rego bikes, heaps of fire trail even more single track
hot tip- take a gps cause up can go 'up down turn around' and get bush wacked preety quick!

X2 defiently up near roys rd shit

lukeRB30
Post #18

Thought I would add another ride it is called Fort Lytton MX http://www.fortlyttonmx.com/ is just before the gateway. Rather tight track but fun and is Legal MX track

87JME
Post #19

For the MX tracks do you need a licence to ride? Given the fact that they are actual race tracks?!

Thanks

zaccy93
Post #20

i used to ride at coochin till about a month ago, nearly got fined and nearly lost my learners just for riding.
If your in the state forests stay away from the rangers (if un-licenced and un-registerd) they are who tried to get me

sexyxe
Post #21

God damn QLD'ers

speedaddic
Post #22

http://parklandsmx.com.au/
this track is in kenelworth 30$ a day to ride its allright for a blast

motocrosslife
Post #23

emu creek
rover park
motocross mountain

wasas
Post #24

Mt Mee!? Map of the place here Legal

When it opens again. A-Break, Jacky Creek Rd and Then hanger are the picks.

rufio25
Post #25

QUOTE (wasas @ Feb 15 2011, 04:32 PM) *
Mt Mee!? Map of the place here Legal

When it opens again. A-Break, Jacky Creek Rd and Then hanger are the picks.

I take it you need licence & rego for Mt. Mee? Recreational rego at least.

chump_FZ1N
Post #26

QUOTE (87JME @ Oct 15 2010, 02:54 PM) *
For the MX tracks do you need a licence to ride? Given the fact that they are actual race tracks?!

Thanks

yeah you need a licence. you can get a day licence for each day, they are around $20-$30 or when you go get the marshall to observe you and get a recreational licence through MA. costs $80 for a year and is good all over australia for practice days.

julio_vasquez
Post #27

Logan pineforest, Glasshouse mountains, ormeau.. we ride most weekends so if anyone wants to come along pm me and you can come along !

ivounnerry
Post #28

I prefer to have a ride on legal places than on risk myself on illegal ones.. :drool:
Thanks for the info anyway..

big929
Post #29

Who has actually been fined for riding at glasshouse?
did they get a fine first up or a warning?

also has anyone ever been defected riding a rego'd bike without mirrors/indicators or having off road tyres in the bush?

julio_vasquez
Post #30

QUOTE (big929 @ Mar 23 2011, 02:29 AM) *
Who has actually been fined for riding at glasshouse?
did they get a fine first up or a warning?

also has anyone ever been defected riding a rego'd bike without mirrors/indicators or having off road tyres in the bush?

We nearly got nailed the other day at glasshouse a few blokes stopped us on a track said turn around and quick they just got fined by the police. They had registered bikes with no indicators fined for tresspassing and unregistered. Il still go out there though

FrontMountCookie
Post #31

Morgan park mx track in warwick= legal

7shamus7
Post #32

hey guys there awsome for off road but i just brought a klx motard anyone know of any bito roads with lots of twisty bits?

that_rodeo_guy
Post #33

QUOTE (7shamus7 @ Apr 23 2011, 09:14 PM) *
hey guys there awsome for off road but i just brought a klx motard anyone know of any bito roads with lots of twisty bits?

I personally don't see why people want motards?? If you wanna ride on the road, buy a road bike which is gonna handle so much better etc?

But yeah goodluck smile.gif

calais bloke
Post #34

hey does anyone know where you can drive a off road go cart legally/illegally but not with much risk of heat, thanks

wasas
Post #35

QUOTE (that_rodeo_guy @ Apr 23 2011, 11:21 PM) *
I personally don't see why people want motards?? If you wanna ride on the road, buy a road bike which is gonna handle so much better etc?

Go ride a well setup motard. your comment about handling is now worthless.

'tards just aren't good for big whacks of slab, but for twisties and around town they are great fun!

As for Mt Mee, yes you need to be registered, but all the times I've been have not seen any cops. There is a nice car park at chamers road thats close to the good tracks. Still waiting on word for when it will open after the floods, it sounds like some of the tracks have gone to hell.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 2
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x