Rejex Rally - Rejex Rally  

Page 1 of 4
Jump to page
efteoh
  • efteoh
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 20,020
Post #1 post 11th July 2005 - 11:59 PM
Just to let you guys know that the 50th Avniversary of the Rejects Rally is coming up on the 30th of July. We will be leaving from Mindil Beach Saturday morning and working our way down to Hayes Creek for the night and then onto Kathrine. All welcome to spectate if you want to join in pm me asap
vh-holden
Post #2

might have to come for a look

actually, i cant'. dammit. same reason i can't go to the drags.

do you go via bachelor? any idea of what time you would pass the bachelor turnoff?

efteoh
Post #3

The first cars out are the vintage cars and we are one of the last ones out. We should be going through around 10 or 11 but will not know the route until the day.

ancullen
Post #4

You bringing Godzilla or the FTO?

I'll be there again in the Starlet, and Pendlebury is meant to be bringing a Mini Moke. So at least we'll be able to beat him on the drags! tongue.gif

ancullen
Post #5

Oh, and I don't want to be picky (who am I kidding, I'm always picky), but it's Rejex Rally, not Rejects (yes, there's a difference). It's Rejex as it's a play on Redex, as the first Rejex Rally came about because Darwin stopped being part of the Redex Rally one year, so the Rejex Rally was created for all of the rejected Darwinites.

WRCVR4
Post #6

Is there a website with more info ?
Im interested in this but want more info sad.gif

efteoh
Post #7

QUOTE(ancullen @ Jul 12 2005, 01:31 AM)
You bringing Godzilla or the FTO?

I'll be there again in the Starlet, and Pendlebury is meant to be bringing a Mini Moke.  So at least we'll be able to beat him on the drags!  tongue.gif
[right][snapback]5225096[/snapback][/right]

We will be taking Godzila as long as nothing happens during the Boost Challenge.
I thought Pendlebury would be entering th GT this year. Look forward to seeing you there thumbsup.gif

MAD285
Post #8

QUOTE(WRCVR4 @ Jul 12 2005, 08:48 AM)
Is there a website with more info ?
Im interested in this but want more info sad.gif
[right][snapback]5225198[/snapback][/right]

I'm with you on this one, I have no idea what it's all about, who can enter and why people enter ??

vh-holden
Post #9

i looked for a website from last years, and found nothing.

was talking to steve today and he gave a good run down on it.

Basically it is a bit of a mega cruise, with stops at old airstrips etc where each participant competes in autokhana events around cones.

supertiva
Post #10

oh... so i was invisible all day today adam? :'(

vh-holden
Post #11

no, but steve was doing the talking.

it should read

"steve told paulie and me about it"

WRCVR4
Post #12

QUOTE(vh-holden @ Jul 12 2005, 06:36 PM)
i looked for a website from last years, and found nothing.

was talking to steve today and he gave a good run down on it.

Basically it is a bit of a mega cruise, with stops at old airstrips etc where each participant competes in autokhana events around cones.

So tell us more Adam angry.gif
We want everything he told u in detail hsdance.gif

Nawdy
Post #13

I'm interested to hear about this one as well. Can anyone post any official details about it besides what has already been included in the thread?

vh-holden
Post #14

oh, didn't get anythign official

just what it is and how it started.

efteoh is typing, she can explain

efteoh
Post #15

Ok this year we start off from mindil beach around 9am, we then travel down the highway doing various obstacle courses. We then have lunch at Mount Bundy and then continue with the courses until we reach Hayes Creek for an overnight stay and dinner. The next day we do the same until we reach Kathrine for the presentation dinner. The cost is $120 per person including all meals and presentation tickets. Worth every cent biggrin.gif Hope this helps

Nawdy
Post #16

How do we get tickets ect? And cost for kids?

WRCVR4
Post #17

<<< sees me using few tanks of Ultimate ohnoes.gif >>>

Edit: Why do we always find out these things TOO late angry.gif sad.gif

Droopz
Post #18

Me and a decent crew from Katherine have entered this year. So far we have the Impala, the Princess, the E-Type and a few other regulars from teh MVEC.

ancullen
Post #19

Pending clutch installation, the GT-Four will be attending.

Droopz
Post #20

If I trailor the Camaro behind me, can I enter it as a stand-in for the 'event' parts of the rally? biggrin.gif

NT1200
Post #21

more info....web site ?

drift_ke70
Post #22

it has been covered Kev there is no website. How much more info do you guys need. You meet at Mindil beach and travel outbound along the highway. Along the way you stop on the old airstrips and compete in Motorkhanas which is obstacles around witches hats then you continue on to Katherine. Have dinner the winner wins and then you all come home again. FFS not that hard. There is a date a time what else do you all want.

efteoh
Post #23

The Mini and R34 GTR will be there again this year, can not wait so much fun biggrin.gif

Megz
Post #24

Just mind the windscreen tongue.gif

paddles7
Post #25

I'd love to enter again this year, for anyone thinking about it, it is by far the most enjoyable motorsport event of the year! But I don't think I can afford the entry fee this time sad.gif

1200, email Laurie on [email protected] for details and info.
Tis basically cruising down in vague convoy amongst new and old cars stopping at airstrips and other areas for motorkhanas along the way. It's an event aimed solely at having fun, I don't think anyone enters to win. Has a great family atmosphere too!

Here is the email with details of this years event:

G'day all,

REJEX Rally 2008 is not far away and this year the 53rd Anniversary Rally goes "all the way" to Katherine again.

Given the cold snap we're in at the moment, it may be a fresh trip with the temps in Katherine getting very low this time of year.

We again welcome Brustolin Builders on board this year as this years event major sponsor. Mark and Belinda have been great supporters of this event over recent years and we are happy to have them back on board for 2008.

The Saturday night stopover will be in Hayes Creek this year as in previous years and things are shaping up for a great event. The Hayes Creek management have increased its accomodation facilities since last year and there is always the camp sites for those who enjoy the chilly weather.

Details on the presentation diner in Katherine are still to be finalised at this point, and I will send out further info as it is available.

Entries are again being handled by the Darwin Motor Vehicle Enthusiasts Club and the Bank deposit details are on the form to make payment easy. Completed forms can be sent direct to MVEC, or delivered to the QANTAS Hangar in Parap, or faxed to 89471472.

Please note that entries close on July 11 and no late entries will be accepted. This enables orders for shirts etc to be finalisd early and allow time for printing etc, so get your entry in early.

If you have any queries, please feel free to get in contact...........

Cheers

Laurie Feehan

NT1200
Post #26

before we part with any cash, do you have any other info besides the enrty form?

paddles7
Post #27

Email Laurie for any specific questions you have.

It's basically cruise, motorkhana, camp, repeat. Main meals are included in price (lunch, dinner, breakfast on the 2nd day etc.)

efteoh
Post #28

QUOTE(Megz @ Jun 26 2008, 03:24 PM) [snapback]1282530215[/snapback]

Just mind the windscreen tongue.gif

Have a nice new laminated one now so all good thumbsup.gif

Very scary when the old ones go bang at 110km/h

ROLLER
Post #29

QUOTE(mz.mini @ Jun 26 2008, 03:33 PM) [snapback]1282530251[/snapback]

Even more fun driving it home without one... hsdance.gif

Not going to reject now I think.... ph34r.gif

future_dictator
Post #30

QUOTE(ROLLER @ Jun 26 2008, 04:05 PM) [snapback]1282530381[/snapback]

Even more fun driving it home without one... hsdance.gif

Not going to reject now I think.... ph34r.gif

its like riding a bike with training wheels inside a giant cage

ancullen
Post #31

QUOTE(Droopz @ Jun 26 2008, 01:13 PM) [snapback]1282529551[/snapback]

If I trailor the Camaro behind me, can I enter it as a stand-in for the 'event' parts of the rally? biggrin.gif

Yes, you can. Car's don't have to be road registered to enter, but have to be trailered between events if they're to compete. All events are held off public roads anyway. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(paddles7 @ Jun 26 2008, 03:57 PM) [snapback]1282530223[/snapback]

I'd love to enter again this year, for anyone thinking about it, it is by far the most enjoyable motorsport event of the year! But I don't think I can afford the entry fee this time sad.gif

Can someone please sponsor Alex to enter? He came second in the rally last year - he HAS to enter again to go for first! We need as many people as possible to help try and beat the Lotus. biggrin.gif

incubus
Post #32

QUOTE(mz.mini @ Jun 26 2008, 03:03 PM) [snapback]1282530251[/snapback]

willing to drive the nav as support crew if you want

paddles7
Post #33

Heh heh thanks Adam, I'd hate to miss it so we'll see if I can find some monies for entry once supercars is done with!

Droopz
Post #34

So who's still in?

A heap of us Katherine lads have been putting in some very late nights getting cars ready at this end. Can't wait.

paddles7
Post #35

I found some money at the last minute and got my entry in on the last day before they closed, so I'm in!
Also thanks to zmit, I now have a charging system that neither over nor undercharges!! My god!! AE82 + KE70 = Gemini alternator biggrin.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 4
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x