Drag Strip - Whos wants a drag strip  

Page 1 of 6
Jump to page
slayters_b
  • slayters_b
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 19,731
Post #1 post 26th June 2005 - 01:33 PM
Hey guys im just putten a post out to find out if u guys would use a drag strip anytime u wanted and would prolly be built on the north side, provided some kinda of small payment was made each time u used it
neil_se
Post #2

Oh god, not another one of these...

Savman
Post #3

if u can do it and make it legal and legit i would like to see it, and i dont want another plance that is a stop start drag. i want rolling starts!!!

slayters_b
Post #4

QUOTE(Savman @ Jun 26 2005, 02:03 PM)
if u can do it and make it legal and legit i would like to see it, and i dont want another plance that is a stop start drag. i want rolling starts!!!
[right][snapback]5188532[/snapback][/right]

lol i dont know about the rolling start things man but its just an idea just wanna see how many ppl would actually use it

VolkswagenBoy
Post #5

Do you realise the small payment/fee you speak of would be minimal compared to the costs incurred when it comes to Public Liability Insurance? Also, any time? So if someone was to feel the need to race their Parisienne against the Impala down the street, at mid-day/night one thursday, there'd be someone to collect the fee? You're talking about being on call 24/7, or even employing shift workers which itself is not exactly cost effective. I won't even go into the cost of building such drag-strip to ANDRAG regulations...

drifterbynite
Post #6

DRIFT TRACK WOULD BE BETTER

DAL32
Post #7

Can I get two of the big ones? I need them by tonight.

NISMOgemini
Post #8

lol!! school holidays again..

u dont even need a calander to tell u when its school holidays anymore lol

[BOOF-88]
Post #9

QUOTE(NISMOgemini @ Jun 26 2005, 04:30 PM)

[right][snapback]5188677[/snapback][/right]

hahah hey im on school holidays but i dont post that sort of rubbish!

tongue.gif

and dude.... get back to ya holidays homework!

VUGGS
Post #10

hear the guy out peeps. explain what you plan to do with this drag strip bro

73RRA
Post #11

How good is your business plan? Everyone knows you need a good business plan tongue.gif

slayters_b
Post #12

well considering im a few years outa school i dont think i have to worry about that shit, and i dont have a business plan as of yet this is like prestage marketing so call it and i think i can pull a pretty good one off does anyone know that new golf driving range at carseldine well that was done from my business plan smile.gif so hopefully i can propose another good one. im just curious to know wat kind of things ppl are after i know thers a lot of shit to deal with but with some sponsership and a bit of help from our local politicians i think something could be pulled off despite the costs.

slayters_b
Post #13

im thinking of somewhere around the airport -- they have a lot of development sites underwat at the moment which are a great size and the aiport pays for a lot of the development -- few ideas to cover liability and shit is to have a membership and pay as u use type thing

hdt304
Post #14

needs a burnout pad like sydney when sitting through them long clean ups and skid comps

slayters_b
Post #15

i was thinking more of a skidpan but a burnout pad would be good as well

SITH 1
Post #16

if you can get it to work and legal and legit....it would be great, $$$$$$ who will pay for it....

psi999
Post #17

QUOTE(73RRA @ Jun 26 2005, 04:53 PM)
How good is your business plan? Everyone knows you need a good business plan tongue.gif
[right][snapback]5188740[/snapback][/right]

bowrofl.gif

slayters_b
Post #18

well lets just say it wouldnt be all coming out of my back pocket, it really depends on how good a business plan we can put together and how many ppl will be willing to sponser it,

Boody
Post #19

QUOTE(NISMOgemini @ Jun 26 2005, 04:30 PM)

[right][snapback]5188677[/snapback][/right]

bowrofl.gif bowrofl.gif

TRUE

BOODY

hdt304
Post #20

id volunteer to work for free if it did happin thumbsup.gif

73RRA
Post #21

Im just gonna sit in this corner an roffle abit longer, keep the ideas coming.

yourdaddy
Post #22

A business plan is an ever evolving document.

I'm studying grade 9 businesss princeiples, I can help out if you need 73rra

73RRA
Post #23

Oh yourdaddy, you see i dont need help, it seems this guy needs a hand, but im not sure, he made a golf course, so a drag strip cant be any different can it?

yourdaddy
Post #24

buggies drive on golf courses
buggies drive on drag strips

hrmm.. he's onto something.

73RRA
Post #25

As i thought, its completely the same.

yourdaddy
Post #26

really need in on the drift market though, those kiddies pay big bucks to ballet dance shitty cars on a 3rd rate road

73RRA
Post #27

So your saying drift > drag > *

ozstreetcar_dave
Post #28

If you can't put an English sentence together I fail to see how you would be able to submit a business plan and associated business model to justify and raise the capital required for this venture. I think you will also struggle to find a parcel of appropriate land for it without a massive investment of time working with local councils to be granted.

The construction costs of even the strip alone would be more than a driving range, at worst you will need car parking, a strip, facilities including food and rest rooms and a control tower. Even with free land and modest facilities I doubt that you could do it for less than 1 mil. I am sure that WSID was in excess of 10 million to build.

I am not saying that it can't be done but it is not a simple process and it seems like you underestimate the time and financial investment required.

yourdaddy
Post #29

too much typing for this thread here dave

ozstreetcar_dave
Post #30

b.t.w. These facilities don't make money off the enterants, it is off the spectators. At the current time drifting is a niche activity enjoyed by a small segment of the community and I doubt that it could support a dedicated facility. That being said there is feasibility work being done for a track to be built at Kilcoy, I am sure that it would support drifting.

yourdaddy
Post #31

theriously dave,

aspley maccas = food, toilet faciilties
hypermarket = parking

the rest goes unsaid

slayters_b
Post #32

yeah the point wasnt that its a driving range the point is that i can do a business plan as was the question that was asked so thanx for ur posts but ur not really helping my cause good try though, as for ppl who are generally intrested ill keep u posted on any news and any help in any way will be muchly appreciated, itll be a big thing to organise as u know, but for starters finding an area to put it is a main concern out near the airport is the best option at the moment as the land is developed all ready and they are selling parts of it if anyone has any contacts politics id much appreciate to hear from you thanx

73RRA
Post #33

IBideafailure

GaryD
Post #34

use cutns have no ides abut setting dis sorta shit up. i mean slayters oviously has lots of experiens wif dis stuff. dis guy has setup TOP CLASS DRIVIN GRANGS FFS! have use got no idea how hard it is to buiild driving rangs.

1) Get flat piese of land
2) Put ts in ground
3) Profit

Teh are no ??? in dis plan cuz its full proof. dis guy oviously has the smrts and the $$$ so insted of bagging him maybe use shuld suport him

slayters_b
Post #35

does everyone not understand that a busines plan is something that will show weather or not this project is financially beneficial and sorry im not speaking proper english for u mate but i know wat im doing. the whole idea of this thread is to find out who is interested and some beneficial ideas that they can put across not there 2cent opinions of which they prolly dont know wat there talking about

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 6
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x