How To Whitewall Your Tyres  

vh-holden
  • vh-holden
  • Want one of these? It is tricky.
  • Member No.: 16,335
Post #1 post 7th June 2005 - 05:36 PM
White walls are coming back into fashion (that's if they ever went out of fashion)

here's how to get them on your car. i tried it on my car, and it began to flake, so it probably only good for short term use. the spray peels off. if the wheel is clean it might work better.

what you need

white shoe colour change spray(available in the shoe cleaning section of your local supermarket)
electrical tape

Step one:

Run tape around the outside of the wall of the tyre. follow the edge of the tread to make it easy,

Step two:

Run tape around the inside edge of the tyre wall as well as around the edge of the wheel.

Step three

Lightly spray the shoe colour changer onto the unmasked bit of tyre. Building up layers slowly to get an even coat.

Step four

Peel off the tape and see the final result. Since we're colouring rubber, the finish won't last very long, but you can help it last longer by cleaning up the tyre and preparing the surface first.

Gloat

--------------------
mazdaguy01
Post #2

Ah I love this car. Once again brilliant job. I swear its going to win summernats next year, I mean with nos purge and funky zorst and whitewall tyres

vh-holden
Post #3

QUOTE(mazdaguy01 @ Jun 15 2005, 11:53 AM)
Ah I love this car. Once again brilliant job. I swear its going to win summernats next year, I mean with nos purge and funky zorst and whitewall tyres
[right][snapback]5166994[/snapback][/right]

it truly is a shame that i can't get the car to canberra.

there is a reason for all photos being taken in the driveway of my house.

Manic 180
Post #4

haha nice work

*looks at 180

the_quass
Post #5

theres a guy in melbourne that comes around to your house. and white walls for you. He actually removes a thin layer of rubber from the wall and replaces it with white or red or what ever you want

vh-holden
Post #6

QUOTE(the_quass @ Jul 6 2006, 08:32 AM) [snapback]1280034408[/snapback]

theres a guy in melbourne that comes around to your house. and white walls for you. He actually removes a thin layer of rubber from the wall and replaces it with white or red or what ever you want

but you have to pay him. with my method, you don't wink.gif

1991_Vn2nV
Post #7

Its like $70 max for whitewalls and they last as long as your tyres.

Not a bad investment. But this is a great way too if you want the big thick whitewalls like what you have done.

SIKUNIT
Post #8

adam, adam, adam, yet again bored???

haha na good job man! thumbsup.gif

badkarma85
Post #9

ghetto fabulous

Patch
Post #10

simple idea. i like

sniper's workshop
Post #11

anybody here interested in a brand new pair of brake pads. They are red chrome and made to fit all holdens. I'm selling them off for $50.00 still in box everything. I live in Brisbane Northern suburbs. If interested fone Kris 0431 065 828

andy 77
Post #12

QUOTE(the_quass @ Jul 6 2006, 09:02 AM) [snapback]1280034408[/snapback]

Hi there mate do you have this persons number or someone who does walling tyres in melbourne at there warehouse if so can you please email me at [email protected]

MYB16
Post #13

looks like a pretty good finish...i want white walls for the vespa

57QLN
Post #14

go to local rod shop or look up portawalls in ebay they are white rubber that you put inside rim when tyre deflated then inflate and you have white walls, cost about $130 but it will last for ever as can put on every set of tyres you go through

RetardedMonkey
Post #15

impressive vh-holden. very impressive.

LOW70Y
Post #16

QUOTE(57QLN @ Feb 4 2007, 03:39 AM) [snapback]1280735174[/snapback]

go to local rod shop or look up portawalls in ebay they are white rubber that you put inside rim when tyre deflated then inflate and you have white walls, cost about $130 but it will last for ever as can put on every set of tyres you go through

portawalls are shit they fall off and buckle

lil_bobby_260
Post #17

They are called 'flappers', arent they?

Theres a guy who comes into my work from Oz Dirt Racing and he sels them. Much better alternatice as they dont wear off. If they come off or buckle youve done a shit job fitting them hey. Its pressed between the lip of your rim and the bead of your tyre and sits flush pressed against your side wall - only problems i could see are if your tyres are low on pressure it might bend them out of shape from the buldge at the bottom of the tyre... Also, youd want to hopes its still a good seal or you be pumping up tyres daily. Even a bit of grass of dirt in the bead of a tyre will cause it to slowly deflate.

Ive had tyres professinally red-walled GT Falcon style and it does NOT last long... few weeks and it looks like crap.

TuffVC
Post #18

Nice work bumping a thread a YEAR old buddy...

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x