Mt Glorious/somerset Dam Cruise - Full day, BIG!!!  

Page 1 of 8
Jump to page
HI_PSI_VL
  • HI_PSI_VL
  • Fozzy Patrol
  • Member No.: 190
Post #1 post 4th January 2011 - 04:19 PM
Hello All,

Following on from the "Are we all getting old" thread, I have devised a massive cruise that takes in the Maleny/Montville/Mapleton roads. Anyone is welcome to come but the emphasis would be on good behaviour and a good day out, and also a chance to meet some new people and talk about cars etc. I would encourage us all to introduce ourselves to everyone and get accustomed to everyone.

Date for the cruise would be a Sunday in February, subject to when people are around. The route and times are as follows...

Meet Point

Bunnings @ Carseldine - Be there by 830am for a 9am departure.

* Leave Bunnings and proceed onto Bruce Hwy.

* Follow Bruce Hwy to the D'Aguilar Hwy exit at Caboolture

* Follow D'Aguilar Hwy through Wamuran, D'Aguilar & Woodford, turning right at Kilcoy-Beerwah Rd.

* Follow Kilcoy-Beerwah Rd through to intersection of Maleny-Stanley River Rd, then turn left.

* Follow Maleny-Stanley River Rd right through to township of Maleny, then left onto Cedar St then left into Cedar Grove Ct then right into Hakea Ave which brings us to Cedar Grove Park, this will be the first stop for photos and a re-gather, should arrive around 11-11.30

* 11.30-12, depart from Cedar Grove Park back through centre of town then onto Bunya St which leads onto Landsborough-Maleny Rd, follow to intersection of Maleny-Montville Rd then turn left.

* Following Maleny-Montville Rd through the township of Montville onto Main St then Flaxton Dr then onto Montville-Mapleton Rd through to the town of Mapleton.

* Once arrived at Mapleton, turn left onto Obi-Obi Rd then right at Delecia Rd then follow to Linda Garrett Park. This will be the lunch point, pics and a good chat with everyone and a chance to check out the rides. For those with kids I am assuming that there will be park equipment for the kids to play on. Hopefully should arrive around 12.30-1.

* Departing around 2.30-3 (roughly), proceed onto Nambour-Mapleton Rd, follow onto Mapleton Rd, Blackall Tce, National Park Rd and Bli Bli Rd, then onto Bruce Hwy then home.

I reckon that this could be a massive day, and everyone should come along. $5 entry per car, will also be a sausage sizzle and drinks, $2/sausgae on bread and $1 drinks, with all proceeds going to the QLD Flood Relief Appeal.

Cheers

Brett.

EDIT: After consultation with the_random_hero and the Toyota Charity Cruise, the date for this event will be Sunday February 20th 2011. Hope you all can make it.

EDIT 2: After going through the expressions of interest (and trust me there's a heap of people keen, over 50), please see the below list of names of those that are keen, and thanks everyone for supporting the day, looks as though will be a big event.

AssViolator
socal
BoostedVit
zacy_g
jakefake
wasas
Boostn32GTR (dont forget your camera :P)
tweak
b3n_rix
EssR20
akshunhiro
FC13BTURBO
lil miss roxy
Angry_Clown
REX331
Ralli
mason
wbtonner
Protius
NVD04
driftkid23
xquuizzit
89vnss
craigy32
hsvgts08
suprasonic_89
gromet89
AddoBMX
Bob
skidman
vl_5spd
dazzazoo
jon89
175_bpt
ticc
james dean
iBrettowski
450ARN
thegenuismoose
DJ NHOJ
257OCK
32jdm
150BAD
j2
spinning
SezR33
xmosx
xilli
32 MKV
lambie
tonkalux85
tabletennisman
astorey
Poe?
conzy
1.5jz cressida
Shane-o
ben042
jonskeonerism
Mark V
Tjcuss-tom
DK_THE_DETAILER
liner_rider
Aarie
06corolla

This post has been edited by HI_PSI_VL: Feb 17 2011, 12:57 PM
AssViolator
Post #2

Bravo!

Will come.

Evos stay away.

HI_PSI_VL
Post #3

Also would encourage photographers to come along and take some good pics as well..... looks in JustDave, BlownBMW, Boosted32GTR's direction.

socal
Post #4

Keen beans, the later in February the better. Will have S15 back to her former glory by then :P

HI_PSI_VL
Post #5

QUOTE (socal @ Jan 4 2011, 04:27 PM) *
Keen beans, the later in February the better. Will have S15 back to her former glory by then :P

Prospective dates would be February 20 or 27.

That should be more than enough notice for most people.

BoostedVit
Post #6

If all pans out i should have a new car by then so will be very keen.

Nice effort organizing the route and the charity idea is awesome.

zacy-g
Post #7

Finally a cruise on boost :P
Sounds pretty good.

jakefake
Post #8

Very keen :P

Rancher
Post #9

Would LOVE to go. But, too big of a day to be taking a 5 month old baby out for the day like that..

wasas
Post #10

Leave at 1030am, turning onto Mt Glorious Rd and following all the way up the mountain to the township of Mt Glorious, arriving around 12pm. Possible stop here for lunch at a local park or takeaway from town, 2nd photo opportunity. If no lunch at Mt Glorious then regroup and leave around 1230pm.

There really isn't much room here for ~20+ cars, the only spot that comes to mind is the MT glor getaway centre/gardens thing just out of town.
The parks on the other side (red cedar, white cedar) would hold 20+ easily and might be a better place to stop, no food tho.

Maybe bbq @ $2 a snag at sommerset? proceeds (less some cash to the poor pricks who have to cook it) going to charity as above?

and the 20th works for me :P
Would meet you at just after samford, maybe the south siders/bris city can meet at the gap shoping centre on the roof, and then catch up just after the hill?

Boostn32GTR
Post #11

if all go's to plan and i am free... certainly put my name down... done a nebo, glorious run last night... wasnt a bad drive through nebo with the new roads..... few water damaged patches..i.e potholes... but nissan cruise was a sucess taking almost the same route last year!!

HI_PSI_VL
Post #12

QUOTE (wasas @ Jan 4 2011, 04:45 PM) *
There really isn't much room here for ~20+ cars, the only spot that comes to mind is the MT glor getaway centre/gardens thing just out of town.
The parks on the other side (red cedar, white cedar) would hold 20+ easily and might be a better place to stop, no food tho.

Maybe bbq @ $2 a snag at sommerset? proceeds (less some cash to the poor pricks who have to cook it) going to charity as above?

and the 20th works for me :P
Would meet you at just after samford, maybe the south siders/bris city can meet at the gap shoping centre on the roof, and then catch up just after the hill?

yeah that park you talk of sounds good, and the $2 snag at Somerset sounds good too.

In relation to southsiders/brisbane city etc that sounds ok, but the emphasis would be to meet at the original meet point at Carseldine, and besides, it's not that far from the city to Carseldine anyway, 20 mins tops.

Tweak
Post #13

Iam in for sure

b3n_rix
Post #14

I am definitely in for this... I just hope that I can have my sr built by then.

EssR20
Post #15

Count me in.

Akshunhiro
Post #16

Keen

FC13BTURBO
Post #17

I will be there!

lil miss roxy
Post #18

Im in :P

Angry_Clown
Post #19

I'm there put me down. DO IT

REX331
Post #20

Im keen. Ill bring my young fella out with me.

HI_PSI_VL
Post #21

Have had a suggestion to donate any proceeds to the flood relief appeal, opinions ? Personally I reckon it's a good idea.

Also I will update the original post with a list of interested partys over the next few days once more people see this. Also if people wanna advertise this in other forums please feel free, the more the merrier.

But again I emphasise responsible driving and enjoy the day out.

Ralli
Post #22

Sounds good to me Brett :P

Mason.
Post #23

im new here, so im pretty keen so meet some new faces :P

wbtonner
Post #24

Keen, might bring my jetski out for a play and ditch the cruise at somerset. :P

TUN35
Post #25

I may make an appearance as a passenger :P

socal
Post #26

QUOTE (TUN35 @ Jan 4 2011, 07:31 PM) *
I may make an appearance as a passenger :P

Knew you'd come around :P

lil miss roxy
Post #27

I will have spare seats also if anyone needs a lift :P

Protius
Post #28

QUOTE (socal @ Jan 4 2011, 04:27 PM) *

So it wasn't a write off? Mad. Probably will come out to this. Have yet to take my car on a 'cruise' and will be good to get my gf and her 1d out.

NVD04
Post #29

Sounds like a good day out... Count me in for sure

socal
Post #30

QUOTE (Protius @ Jan 4 2011, 07:38 PM) *
So it wasn't a write off? Mad. Probably will come out to this. Have yet to take my car on a 'cruise' and will be good to get my gf and her 1d out.

Haha I don't know yet, but I'm still pretty hopeful :P if not I will be in a replacement by then :P be good to see yours in the flesh too, still only seen piccy's...

driftkid23
Post #31

ill be there in the 32 :P

xquuizzit
Post #32

very keen. always wanted to do a route similar to this. ill be there!

Ralli
Post #33

QUOTE (Rancher @ Jan 4 2011, 04:44 PM) *
Would LOVE to go. But, too big of a day to be taking a 5 month old baby out for the day like that..

Wouldn't she just sleep in the car?

cameron92
Post #34

QUOTE (AssViolator @ Jan 4 2011, 04:24 PM) *
Bravo!

Will come.

Evos stay away.

why evos stay away? :P

89vnss
Post #35

would love to come and take my young fella on a cruise, haven't done it before is this just for imports as it looks like

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 8
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x