57ING
Post #6

More pics of the Michelin tyre.

lo_rolla
Post #7

I don't know what to think about that.

VUGGS
Post #8

well it eliminates tyre blowouts, i dunno, wouldnt hav it on my car, what site is that from?

ThunderBolt
Post #9

wonder what the handling / grip is like with them on.

Hoon
Post #10

Well - with the shortage of rubber globally, one day they just might start producing things like this. It's possible these can be made out of old tyres too. Very interesting.

Got_Rice
Post #11

lol gud for 1 burnout lol happy.gif

R34-GTR
Post #12

Since when has their been a shortage of rubber??

I would still prefer regular tyres over those...

FidEL
Post #13

Post comments removed.

Mcleod
Post #14

Dare I suggest these tyres would work alot better particularly in cornering due to the lack of tyre wall flexing?

Think about it, your average tyre will roll onto the edges a touch when cornering and you end up with less tyre/rubber contact with the road - therefore less grip.

Sure, the cosmetics of this design don't look too great at the moment, but it's purely a concept, give it time and it would generate some radical changes many years down the track.

This reminds me of the Bose Suspension system which is an extremely radical way of dealing with suspension but works much better - unfortunately it hasn't seen the consumer market yet..

-
Mcleod

Hoon
Post #15

QUOTE(R34-GTR @ Feb 17 2005, 12:05 PM)

I would still prefer regular tyres over those...
[right][snapback]4970869[/snapback][/right]

Has been for a while. This is straight from the guys here on site that buy the bloody tyres.

lucky luke
Post #16

QUOTE(Mcleod @ Feb 17 2005, 12:14 PM)
Dare I suggest these tyres would work alot better particularly in cornering due to the lack of tyre wall flexing?

Think about it, your average tyre will roll onto the edges a touch when cornering and you end up with less tyre/rubber contact with the road - therefore less grip.

Sure, the cosmetics of this design don't look too great at the moment, but it's purely a concept, give it time and it would generate some radical changes many years down the track.

This reminds me of the Bose Suspension system which is an extremely radical way of dealing with suspension but works much better - unfortunately it hasn't seen the consumer market yet..

-
Mcleod
[right][snapback]4970889[/snapback][/right]

I agree I think that with less wall in the tyre these wheels and tyres would handle alot better just like say 40s or 35 series do now. Theres less play in the wall of the tyre

VS Style
Post #17

QUOTE(R34-GTR @ Feb 17 2005, 12:05 PM)

[right][snapback]4970869[/snapback][/right]

Since i started having sex laugh.gif tongue.gif .... oh woops wrong rubber...

Also its an interesting concept the whole none popable tongue.gif (not sure if a word) tyres.. Wonder how long phil would have em for tongue.gif

VUGGS
Post #18

lmao, bust out sum hugeeeeeeee burnout and your left with a mark that looks like some kid hit the skids on his bike.

blink.gif dude............................that sucked huh.gif

4age
Post #19

1 they look ugly
2 i wouldent like to see someone do a burn out in them

HKS32
Post #20

wonder how these would go for drifting ?

Kemeny
Post #21

months old :\ thier trying to put it out to public like 2010 because it cants break :\ only thing it would save u on is nu tires as they cant break , i saw an ad on news not even a landmine could stop it :\

Damone
Post #22

its interesting thats for sure.

something different.

Sir Holden
Post #23

IMHO, looks god damn fugly. Could lead to some very interesting developments though.

Phat535
Post #24

-
Mcleod

considering the spokes are designed to be flexible and shock absorbing I imagine lateral flex will be more not less

Phat535
Post #25

QUOTE(VS Style @ Feb 17 2005, 05:12 PM)
Since i started having sex laugh.gif  tongue.gif .... oh woops wrong rubber...
Also its an interesting concept the whole none popable tongue.gif (not sure if a word) tyres..  Wonder how long phil would have em for tongue.gif
[right][snapback]4971807[/snapback][/right]

so there was only one shortage
so long ago no one remembers it anymore
and it only lasted a few minutes anyway
?
tongue.gif

VS Style
Post #26

QUOTE(Phat535 @ Feb 17 2005, 08:39 PM)
so there was only one shortage
so long ago no one remembers it anymore
and it only lasted a few minutes anyway
?
tongue.gif
[right][snapback]4972166[/snapback][/right]

You have given me way to much credit

A FEW MINUTES.... Fuck what do you think i am superman... thats like guiness book of records time that is...

Phat535
Post #27

I was trying to be nice hehe smile.gif

Robinator
Post #28

-
Mcleod

might be all right for general driving but would be damn interesting to see if these collapse while drifting or even cornering hard

Vanilla-Bear
Post #29

Apparently the tread is supposed to last 4 times longer than a normal tire - Just be interested in seeing price lol. But yeah also wonder how well they could take a drift >.>*........... Might get some for my mums rolla to test them out har har har.

rotor_head_83
Post #30

how you managed to dig up a 3 year old thread amazes me

luxxy101
Post #31

deep dish em and make em wider and ill take a set

Vanilla-Bear
Post #32

Har har har well I was looking through some old zines today and I was hoping to find some new info - I havn't found any new information on the tweels in a long time, and I was hoping they'd be available for purchase soon >.< - Another forum I read suggested they would be available this year but I don't know how credible that info is.

luxxy101
Post #33

omg i didnt realise this thread was that old

Vanilla-Bear
Post #34

Here are a couple of new pics and some info btw.

"The Tweel offers a number of benefits beyond being impervious to nails in the road. The tread will last two to three times as long as current radial tires, Michelin says, and when it does wear thin, it can be retreaded. The tire maker has high expectations for the Tweel. The concept of a single-piece tire and wheel assembly is one that the company expects to spread to passenger cars and construction equipment and aircraft. The Tweel is in its infancy - "version 1.0," Thompson said, and only one set of car Tweels exists. A test drive in a Tweel-equipped Audi A4 sedan on roads around Michelin's research center proved to be far less exotic than the construction method or appearance would suggest. The prototype Tweels are noisy, as Thompson warned they would be, because the spokes vibrate."

- That info isn't really new to the world but new to this thread har har har wink.gif

vh-holden
Post #35

those pics aren't new. There is an email doing the rounds again with these in them

and as for digging up old threads, at least he used the search button.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 2
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x