Supra N/a Vs Autech S15 [nsw P-plate] - looking for some advice  

Page 1 of 4
Jump to page
jashneilk
Post #26

QUOTE (ZCH91 @ Dec 14 2009, 08:41 PM) *
Douche-bagish attempt to sound intelligent failed.

fuk up cxnt no1 cares

QUOTE (TTS @ Dec 14 2009, 08:43 PM) *
The Autech would have a nice re-sale value with the P-plater tax.

Personally I'd go the S15 over the Supra due to me being a Nissan fanboy. Just as long as you don't mount an intercooler to make it seem like a turbo you won't seem like a tool. And fuel economy depends on how you drive either vehicle, as with any vehicle.

haha defs mount the cooler then when the cops pull u over "wat turbo officer"

QUOTE (impulz @ Dec 14 2009, 08:50 PM) *
well would you rather " HAI GUYZ WHICH IS DA BETTURR CARRR SUPREHZ? OR AN ALLTEKZZ s15???" you make the call bud.

bowrofl.gif ZCH91 u got pwned

OT defs s15
a bit costly but eh u only live once
if u worried bout insurance just get third party lol

impulz
Post #27

QUOTE (jashneilk @ Dec 14 2009, 11:18 PM) *
fuk up cxnt no1 cares

haha defs mount the cooler then when the cops pull u over "wat turbo officer"

bowrofl.gif ZCH91 u got pwned

OT defs s15
a bit costly but eh u only live once
if u worried bout insurance just get third party lol

haha what if som1 clips my car while its parked and drives off T_T

jashneilk
Post #28

QUOTE (impulz @ Dec 14 2009, 10:31 PM) *
haha what if som1 clips my car while its parked and drives off T_T

haha yea then ur fucked
or if u crash it
if that happens just report it stolen man cos fire and theft will cover u for that lol

rotor_head_83
Post #29

$6000 for comprehensive for an MR2 is robbery. My turbo RX7 when I just got my license was $1800 a year comprehensive (about 1.5-2 years ago now). Shop around for your insurance and find a good deal.

Autech hands down.

jish
Post #30

QUOTE (senolsan @ Dec 14 2009, 09:11 PM) *
well to give you an idea, toyota MR2 is $6000 to insure comprehensively on P-Plates. So that Autech is going to be through the rooof!!!!
I was where you were a couple of months ago.. was about to spend all my cash on a nice Black R34 manual. Then saw this cheaper (but just as fun) MR2.. maybe you should widen your choices smile.gif.

I dont see why the s15 would be much more than that. both 2 door etc etc. Only difference being that the S15 is an import.

autech_s15
Post #31

LOL.

Take it from an autech owner, just car insured me fully comp for $24k, for $2400 a year. Thats with an adjusted excess of $4000 if accident at fault, $3500 if stolen/fire

whykickamoocow
Post #32

QUOTE (senolsan @ Dec 14 2009, 09:37 PM) *
Fair enough tongue.gif i was only using the MR2 as an example hehe. Test drive a lot of cars! Dude those Autechs are darn expensive and u don't get your bang for buck with them! You will be kicking yourself when u roll up next to a turbo s15 which can be had for way less tongue.gif Friggin P-plate laws lol.

Don't the Autechs have the same output as the stock turbo s15's?

If I had money to burn an Autech would be my choice. Turbo charging an N/A supra can be more expensive than just buying a TT version.
The Autech is already tuned fairly high so there is not much room for mods if you want to go down that path, unlike the turbo which you can work with.

Edit: the smart thing to do would be buy a reliable cheap beater on your P's, you will more than likely scratch the damn thing. Then buy a turbo S15, all that money you save can go on mods. Well, that's what Id do anyway.

senolsan
Post #33

QUOTE (whykickamoocow @ Dec 14 2009, 11:32 PM) *
Don't the Autechs have the same output as the stock turbo s15's?

If I had money to burn an Autech would be my choice.

They are no-where close to as fast tho. They both have 147kw but the Turbo model has a mountain more torque... and makes peak power lower too.

I guess if i had 20k to blow i would buy an Autech on my P's over a supra anyday of the week! You will appreciate the fuel economy!

senolsan
Post #34

QUOTE (rotor_head_83 @ Dec 14 2009, 10:52 PM) *
$6000 for comprehensive for an MR2 is robbery. My turbo RX7 when I just got my license was $1800 a year comprehensive (about 1.5-2 years ago now). Shop around for your insurance and find a good deal.

Autech hands down.

$6000 is what Suncorp quoted me. Bare in mind I'm Just turned 17 so I'm in the worst category to be insured. I don't have comprehensive lol just CTP property! $6000!!?!! Fuck that thats almost as much as i paid for my car!!

Autech hands down indeed smile.gif

senolsan
Post #35

QUOTE (autech_s15 @ Dec 14 2009, 11:19 PM) *
LOL.

Take it from an autech owner, just car insured me fully comp for $24k, for $2400 a year. Thats with an adjusted excess of $4000 if accident at fault, $3500 if stolen/fire

Thats awesome.. That excess is massive tho. so basically it ends up being $6400 a year if you have an accident xD DON'T HAVE AN ACCIDENT!

Insurance in this country is bullshit in my opinion! In Holland as far as i remember you don't pay excess you just pay a set insurance and it covers everything.

rotor_head_83
Post #36

QUOTE (senolsan @ Dec 14 2009, 11:40 PM) *
Thats awesome.. That excess is massive tho. so basically it ends up being $6400 a year if you have an accident xD DON'T HAVE AN ACCIDENT!

Insurance in this country is bullshit in my opinion! In Holland as far as i remember you don't pay excess you just pay a set insurance and it covers everything.

$4k excess on a $24k car is wise though. Australian insurance is pretty reasonable considering they know exactly what that age group do in any car (whether shitbox or autech s15 oopsie.gif ). Just look at insurance in the UK for teens - you could pay 30 times the value of the car in comprehensive insurance!

iamhappy46
Post #37

QUOTE (autech_s15 @ Dec 14 2009, 10:37 PM) *
Yeah my one bitch tongue.gif

This was my old one, I just sold it!

My first time driving a car down the strip, the s15 ran a 15.5, that was with the chrome 19"s on the front and stock skyline wheels on the rear.

With a good driver youd probably be looking a little bit quicker.

15.5 from an Autech? There are N/A 2L Pulsars pulling better times than that with less power...

tas_ae71
Post #38

geezus.

simple, just bom around for a bit in a shitter, then when you get off your Ps get what ever the hell you want instead of wasting time/money on something else.

or get something decent and just drive it on the track until your able to drive it on the street. its not exactly forever.

FYI 2jzge is surprising pokey and N/A supras are relatively cheap.

autech_s15
Post #39

QUOTE (iamhappy46 @ Dec 15 2009, 01:09 AM) *
15.5 from an Autech? There are N/A 2L Pulsars pulling better times than that with less power...

Like I said, It was my first time down the strip and I was basically just dumping the clutch from 4k RPM (was skidding first). I was running dead even with a type R DC4, which was his first time as well.

My shifts were sloppy and my launches were worse... Plus, as i said, I had the Starcorp impul 19" chrome wheels on the front, which are notorious for being heavy.

At least I have proof of my times oh and maybe that I actually owned I car i said I did, unlike you.

clutch-monkey
Post #40

an autech with ITB's and trumpet intakes would be awesome. just saying

trommie
Post #41

AUTECH
nothing else

HATE TAX
Post #42

QUOTE (senolsan @ Dec 14 2009, 09:03 PM) *
get an MR2

Fail!

lil_foy
Post #43

QUOTE (autech_s15 @ Dec 15 2009, 09:48 AM) *
Like I said, It was my first time down the strip and I was basically just dumping the clutch from 4k RPM (was skidding first). I was running dead even with a type R DC4, which was his first time as well.

My shifts were sloppy and my launches were worse... Plus, as i said, I had the Starcorp impul 19" chrome wheels on the front, which are notorious for being heavy.

At least I have proof of my times oh and maybe that I actually owned I car i said I did, unlike you.

I would just like my time to brag and say my Dc2 Vtir has run a 15.1@93mph with less mods then it has now making it faster then the autech s15 also on m first time everat the drags (few weeks after licence)

Amiright?

Honestly for the price of an autech s15 i'd much prefer other cars, but people will call me a honda fanboy if I open my mouth so eh.
I'll be over here enjoying it.

autech_s15
Post #44

QUOTE (lil_foy @ Dec 15 2009, 10:18 AM) *
I would just like my time to brag and say my Dc2 Vtir has run a 15.1@93mph with less mods then it has now making it faster then the autech s15 also on m first time everat the drags (few weeks after licence)

Amiright?

Honestly for the price of an autech s15 i'd much prefer other cars, but people will call me a honda fanboy if I open my mouth so eh.

LOL DID YOU TAKE THE SPARE WHEEL, BACKSEATS AND EVERY KILOGRAM OF UNECCESSARY WEIGHT OUT? I BET YOU DIDNT EAT ALL DAY EITHER TO SAVE MOAR WEIGHT

gg foy

Marcus89
Post #45

QUOTE (lil_foy @ Dec 15 2009, 10:18 AM) *

Amiright?

Yea when it comes to N/A cars and fast i would be looking at honda's even though i don't like them.

If you go the supra go a post 1996 model SZ-R they got the same 6 speed manual in the turbo's and pretty sure the damn awsome brakes as well.

I would probably got the S15 i hate the FNF image that goes with the supra (I myself would seriously consider buying a TT supra if it wasn't for it) plus the s15 looks better than the supra.

clutch-monkey
Post #46

QUOTE (autech_s15 @ Dec 15 2009, 10:30 AM) *
LOL DID YOU TAKE THE SPARE WHEEL, BACKSEATS AND EVERY KILOGRAM OF UNECCESSARY WEIGHT

you mean the autech comes with this? oopsie.gif

autech_s15
Post #47

QUOTE (clutch-monkey @ Dec 15 2009, 10:33 AM) *
you mean the autech comes with this? oopsie.gif

What a spare wheel laugh.gif

lil_foy
Post #48

QUOTE (autech_s15 @ Dec 15 2009, 10:30 AM) *
LOL DID YOU TAKE THE SPARE WHEEL, BACKSEATS AND EVERY KILOGRAM OF UNECCESSARY WEIGHT OUT? I BET YOU DIDNT EAT ALL DAY EITHER TO SAVE MOAR WEIGHT

gg foy

I had full trim including an esky from that day.
Couldnt even take the spare tyre out since the bolt was stuck.

QUOTE (Marcus89 @ Dec 15 2009, 10:32 AM) *
Yea when it comes to N/A cars and fast i would be looking at honda's even though i don't like them.

If you go the supra go a post 1996 model SZ-R they got the same 6 speed manual in the turbo's and pretty sure the damn awsome brakes as well.

I would probably got the S15 i hate the FNF image that goes with the supra (I myself would seriously consider buying a TT supra if it wasn't for it) plus the s15 looks better than the supra.

Do honda's right and they're more then fast enough for p platers.
Remember corners are fun aswell!

GTS192
Post #49

QUOTE (iamhappy46 @ Dec 15 2009, 12:39 AM) *

Yeah but you can't make a Pulsar look good, it's still a faggots hairdresser car.

As for Hondas well fuck there must be 50,000 fucking threads bagging the shit out of them for attempting to be performance cars YO maybe one day the VTEC will kick into their FWD tard mobiles and they can VTEC back to whatever planet they came from.

I'd take the Autech over the Supra simply for re-sale value.

ms13
Post #50

i would go for a supra

i had one, and with the right mods they can be one of the quicker p plater cars

i used to chop autech s15's, all the sv6 commos, and would keep up to the ve's allthrough first and second gear.

i was getting 450km to a full tank which isnt to bad.

ie i would take a test drive of both and choose whichever you like better because they are both nice cars.

but for the money you are going to spend you could build a pretty tuff mazda or honda that would demolish every other p plater

lil_foy
Post #51

QUOTE (GTS192 @ Dec 15 2009, 10:47 AM) *
Yeah but you can't make a Pulsar look good, it's still a faggots hairdresser car.

As for Hondas well fuck there must be 50,000 fucking threads bagging the shit out of them for attempting to be performance cars YO maybe one day the VTEC will kick into their FWD tard mobiles and they can VTEC back to whatever planet they came from.

I'd take the Autech over the Supra simply for re-sale value.

Ignorace is bliss eh.

autech_s15
Post #52

QUOTE (ms13 @ Dec 15 2009, 10:49 AM) *
i would go for a supra

i had one, and with the right mods they can be one of the quicker p plater cars

i used to chop autech s15's, all the sv6 commos, and would keep up to the ve's allthrough first and second gear.

i was getting 450km to a full tank which isnt to bad.

ie i would take a test drive of both and choose whichever you like better because they are both nice cars.

but for the money you are going to spend you could build a pretty tuff mazda or honda that would demolish every other p plater

bowrofl.gif

clutch-monkey
Post #53

i had an N/A supra. never again. i attempted weight reduction, but some things just can't be helped

autech_s15
Post #54

QUOTE (clutch-monkey @ Dec 15 2009, 11:01 AM) *
i had an N/A supra. never again. i attempted weight reduction, but some things just can't be helped

did you chop heaps of sick autechs and sv6 commodores bro.

GTS192
Post #55

QUOTE (lil_foy @ Dec 15 2009, 10:20 AM) *
Ignorace is bliss eh.

I'm not to sure if Ignorace is bliss i did however hear Ignorance was though.

Foy i don't mind Hondas TBH but not for myself i'd buy one for the missus or one for myself when i'm old and want something reliable.
Unless i find a NSX going cheap then i'll convert.

clutch-monkey
Post #56

QUOTE (autech_s15 @ Dec 15 2009, 11:04 AM) *
did you chop heaps of sick autechs and sv6 commodores bro.

no, but i got massive power on the dyno bro
133rwkw
dynoqueen4life

DC2R shat all over it sad.gif

alandog
Post #57

if u have the extra cash go the s15. dont worry bout people saying buy shit boxes first and wait for your opens. coz as stated all the way through the thread the s15s will hold there value. smile.gif my 2 cents. race me if u get an NA s15 or supra anyway.

MoneyPower
Post #58

QUOTE (GTS192 @ Dec 15 2009, 10:47 AM) *

maybe one day the VTEC will kick into their FWD tard mobiles and they can VTEC back to whatever planet they came from.

Falacy is false.

I'm VTEC, and I'm RWD.

Therefore, you're wrong.

Amidoinitrite?

lil_foy
Post #59

QUOTE (GTS192 @ Dec 15 2009, 11:06 AM) *
I'm not to sure if Ignorace is bliss i did however hear Ignorance was though.

Foy i don't mind Hondas TBH but not for myself i'd buy one for the missus or one for myself when i'm old and want something reliable.
Unless i find a NSX going cheap then i'll convert.

Oh a spelling mistake how will I live with myself rolleyes.gif
Different strands for different people.

Certain honda's are killing it at track.
Exaple;
http://vimeo.com/2836692

It's a nsw team car but there is alot more serious guys then you'd realise.

Honestly whats not to like about them.

Good power to weight
Awesome aftermarket support.
Full independent suspension.
Most higher models come with decent brakes (only a rotor and pad change is needed for track really)

End of the day it may be a honda, and yes you can't compare it to an evo, gtr, etc at the track but they are certainly pulling competitive laptimes.

tom_willie
Post #60

Plus you could get a decent honda for 10 grand. Honest opinion is to just buy a falcon or conformadore to flog around for 3 years then buy a turbo s15. If your so hell bent on spending all your money the s15 is the way to go.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 4
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x