Boostcruising Willowbank Track Day Aftermath! - **UPDATED** results, comments, thoughts  

Page 1 of 5
Jump to page
BoostedS15
  • BoostedS15
  • THE MAN............Apparently??
  • Contributing Member!
  • Member No.: 588
Post #1 post 21st August 2004 - 11:57 PM
***UPDATE***

For full data log click HERE and enjoy!!!

Hi Folks,

Well, it's over. And what a day. I would like to thank all the 70 compeditiors who turned up and made the day such a great event!

We even broke an age long Willowbank Record!

We had over two hundred spectators and absoultuly NO DRAMAS! Everyone seemed to be smiling, and having fun!

A few moments of note:

Hearing at 930am over the enclosed Willowbank Radio Channel............about the Motorbike rider *COugh* MR AKE70 *Cough* Doind a FULL TRACK wheel stand!! hahahahaha

Hearing at 10am mr Roweysvn deciding to start running his VN of lurve.......with no bonnet. LOL that caused a few concerns! hahah

Watching and nearly melting at the sounds of some of the AMAZING V8's running..................off particular note *PIMPIN* the orange falcon wagon. I Believe it ran a High 11 at one point in the day!

Ni_Slo...............the new OFFICAL record holder at Willowbank for the most amount of runs in ONE Session..............28!!!!! And a very close second to Neil_Se who ran 27!! I believe Ni-Slo and his Toyota Pulsar were very pleased with the acclaim!

S14a_on_Boost for his Continual Pleaseing the crowd with Skids aplenty!! Also some great skids by other participants, including blacksupra and Roweysvn!

One of the GREATEST gathering of S15's ive ever seen. I was in heaven!! Thanks for coming guys and gals!

Watching the *Fast* cars backing off to keep *under* the 10.99sec limit!

Here are the cars that actually entered and for there best times please check out the URL below. It is the FULL DATA LOG of the day.

Thanks once again to all who supported and helped with the day, it was great seeing alot of long ranking members and moderators of this site turn up in support. Look to the Courier MAil soon for a full story. Fast 4's and Rotaries and QLD Street Car.

ONCE AGAIN THANKYOU!! Without your support this wouldnt have bene possible. and a final note a HUGE THANKS to the events Sponsors

McKern and Assoc --- For all your Accounting needs
Smart Sparks ---- Auto Electrical Services
WASP Performance --- All Parts and Mechanical Work
Boostcruising.com ---- Pics, Forums, Cruising. Online Community.

The Compeditors in order of arrival on the day..............NOT any competition order.

1/ S14a_on_Boost ---S14a 200sx
2/ Silvia_Xtreme --- S13 Silvia - 14.515 <----- best time
3/ Roweysvn --- V6 VN Commodore
4/ Ni_Slo --- Toyota Pulsar smile.gif
5/ S15_Clint --- S15 200sx
6/ Mazdaguy01 --- Mazda 323 Astina
7/ Crazy_Bunny --- Mitsubishi Colt
8/ Disco Lou --- MY99 WRX
9/ Northy --- Toyota Corolla ??
10/ TOY168 (2nd entrant) --- Toyota Corolla ??
11/ TOY168 --- Toyota Corolla
12/ Pippy --- Toyota Corolla ??
13/ Northy (2nd Entrant) ---Toyota Corolla ??
14/ blacksupra --- JZA80 Supra
15/ 16OTU --- Holden Gemeni
16/ Shamus --- Holden Commodore
17/ 05LVN --- Holden Commodore
18/ VSPECII --- R32GTR
19/ Manxbuggy ---- S15 200sx
20/ Blurple -- S14 200sx
21/ NizObvious --- S15 200sx
22/ SLEEPER-7 ---RX7
23/ ONP51 --- EP82 Starlet
24/ BEATNU --- R8 Maloo Ute
25/ HER-WRX --- MY04 WRX
26/ Corvette ---- Corvette
27/ Pennywise --- DirtBike Yamaha i think
28/ Poppy --- WB Ute (Stock smile.gif )
29/ Psiv8 --- Not the Torana. Falcon I think.
30/ mr_sleepy --- S13 Silvia
31/ 180wanabe --- 180SX
32/ SupraCrazy --- JZA80 Supra
33/ Neils_Se --- 180SX
34/ YCA18T --- S13 Silvia
35/ Missr32 --- R32 Skyline
36/ SupraMkIII --- MA70 Supra
37/ XWFalcon1 --- Xw Falcon
38/ XWFalcon2 --- XW Falcon
39/ GTR32 --- R32 GTR Skyline
40/ MSS15 --- S15 200SX
41/ MrsGSR --- GSR Lancer
42/ Kryptonite --- V6 VN Commodore
43/ MR AKE70 --- YAMAHA MotorBike thumbsup.gif
44/ 20QSX --- S15 200SX
45/ PIMPIN1 --- Porsche Carrera
46/ PIMPIN2 --- Landrover Discovery
47/ PIMPIN3 --- Falcon S/wagon (The REAL PIMPIN)
48/ PIMPIN4 --- Pursuit 250 Ford Ute
49/ NoSunroofRotary --- RX7
50/ mr_Sleepy (2nd Entrant) --- V8 SS Commodore Ute
51/ 51JAY --- R33 Skyline
52/ s13viper --- S13 Silvia
53/ 04ETA -- Falcon I think.
54/ OIM.666 --- RX7
55/ Menice --- Ford Capri
56/ MR AKE70 (2nd Entry) -- VL Commodore
57/ mick51 --- R33 Skyline
58/ BoostedS15 --- Toyota Landcruiser
59/ RBI80 --- 180SX
60/ PurpleTorana -- Holden Torana
61/ grlzkikazz --- S15 200SX
62/ 09ets --- Holden Torana
63/ Grump2 --- HQ Monaro
64/ 12ENV --- Cant remember
65/ GT3Porsche --- GT3 Porsche
66/ Jacinta --- VT Commodore
67/ EFSupercharged --- Yamaha Motorbike
68/ tuffdatto --- RX7
69/ OSK --- VL COmmodore
70/ littlegimp --- S14 200sx.

AND THATS IT!! I Will update this thread shortly with a full data log of the day.

This post has been edited by BoostedS15: Aug 24 2004, 10:35 PM
NiSlo
Post #2

HAHA Toyota Pulsar laugh.gif . Don't these Willowbank kids know a Toyota Corsa when they see one? And yes, I'd like to thank the BoostCruising.com and my wittle car (which stood up to the test all day). Without them I would never have been able to capture the record for most passes ever made in a single session biggrin.gif

cool.gif

Great day. Cheers Chris

neil_se
Post #3

I demand a recount biggrin.gif I was very pleased with my cars reliability doing that many runs in such heat. I'll be back soon enough running decent boost and to get my 12 tunes.gif

roweysvn
Post #4

Hahaha no bonnet rocked, fucken ANDRA, nah it was a dead set awesome day, i had so much frieken fun, the beast was slow, but that didnt bother me, i couldnt believe the variety in the cars, i was very pleased,

and i gotta give a big thanks to Chris, you did an awesome job mate and u seemed run off your feet for the whole day, which was a shame, but least the old cruiser got a run

I hope you'll be organising another

Great day and was well worth it

edit* id just like to say overall it was good to see that no one was bagging the shit out of each other, it was just dead set friendly competition with a few grudge matches on the side *looks at Ni_Slo*

Dave

neil_se
Post #5

*Paste from other thread*

My best run was

60ft: 1.999
ET: 13.077
MPH: 113.38

That was early in the day when the track temp was only 21deg, i got slower and slower as the day went on. So damn close to my 12 but didn't get it. My best MPH was 114.56 so the car should be good for a mid to low 12 with some practice, traction and more boost.

VS Style
Post #6

Also i believe i owe apologies to practically everyone i spoke to (particually Kells ) . (Bit of a smart arse).

I never thought i would see the day when a car like PIMPIN would beat a porche and run some serious times / and big burnouts.

Congrats to the people that entered, you put on a great show.

Met a few new people, and had a good day.

Thanks Chris for arranging it.

Pennywise
Post #7

yeah was a great day! had heaps of fun running the dirt bike down the strip, now we know what they run smile.gif btw its a suzuki! and i would like to thank springwoodsuzuki smile.gif hahaha

DreamensioN
Post #8

That was an awesome day! Well done Chris for organising such an event. No accidents or oildowns all day!!!!! Hahahaha laugh.gif did anybody else see the Gemini go sideways down the track after that HUGE burnout?

We had such a great time! As for the S15's - LOL...you'd think Pewter was the only colour they were manufactured in.

mazdaguy01
Post #9

I have on thing to say "bloody awseome" actully make that two things damn sunburn.

I think i was the 3rd slowest car there, yay go me!!!

angels666
Post #10

Chris and everyone involved awesome awesome day!!! I'm extremely sunburnt, but had a ball biggrin.gif

Hopefully you brave it again another year to put another one on Chris wink.gif Your organisational skills are obviously outstanding thumbsup.gif

Pimpin was my favourite of the day, nothing beats the rumble of a V8 (hopefully my chauffeur doesn't read that laugh.gif )

crazy_bunny
Post #11

great day mate even th i only managed a 22.415 @ 58mph

70YMR
Post #12

Great day, was jus spectating unfortunately, but was good to b there all the same! would luv to run at one of these days in the future.....

Well done to Boosteds15 for organising the successful event! thumbsup.gif

Mr_Sleepy
Post #13

it was a great day and it was well worth the effort i put into finding a car to race for the day.

i had 15 passes before 12pm, thats awsome!

OSK
Post #14

had an excellent day, maybe just a quick note if u plan on doing it again 3 pm tp 9pm would be a tops time bracket!!!

QUOTE (OSK @ Aug 22 2004, 07:54 PM)
... 3 pm tp 9pm would be a tops time bracket!!!

cool.gif Yeah the heat was a bit of a killer for the cars sad.gif

QUOTE (OSK @ Aug 22 2004, 06:54 PM)
had an excellent day, maybe just a quick note if u plan on doing it again 3 pm tp 9pm would be a tops time bracket!!!

i agree on that one, i lost a full half second during the course of the day!

mazdaguy01
Post #17

Heat what heat??? Took my aircon till half way home to catch up

Mr_Sleepy
Post #18

tongue.gif tongue.gif

my first priority once i got over the finish line was to turn the air con on, then brake!

scan
Post #19

good work chris, and to everyone else for maken it a day to remember. shame about there beeing so many dam s15s but still should a lot of ppl that our cars are nice powerful and still kicken up some good times.

chris i hope next time u organise the event it wont compete with autosalon, and be on such a dam hot day. have to do 10 hour shift tomorrow sunburnt. oh well what we go thru to see some wicked cars and wicked guys haven some LEGAL SAFE FUN.

to all who did not race im sure there will be more events like this thanks to chris and many of the sponser because of the turn out and attuide of all who attended.

QUOTE (crazy_bunny @ Aug 22 2004, 06:43 PM)
great day mate even th i only managed a 22.415 @ 58mph

hahahahaha that was with nos too lol
keep trying jks
yer bad news about ur clutch blink.gif

QUOTE (OSK @ Aug 22 2004, 06:54 PM)

yeah thats the plan!!! but it wasnt availible to me on this occasion

might i add.........

a MIGHTY 18.4 sec pass in the landcruiser!!! good to see im keeping my 18sec tradition!

mazdaguy01
Post #22

Have to say with 70 cars out and racing we had no major mishaps actully cant say i saw any at all. Nicely done to all biggrin.gif

kells
Post #23

Yeah many thanks go to Chris for this. An absolutely fab day, you did a superb job. (as usual)

And to everyone who came and raced, thanks - you put on a great show and I was really impressed. And also, many thanks to everyone that kept me entertained in the stands, and put up with me tongue.gif

So much fun!

SkiDMaN
Post #24

Chris.. u rock my jocks... u organised a shit hot day for everyone here

id like to say thanks to Mat for letting me have a few runs in his black mk3 supra and droppin some nice skids from the line laugh.gif

all up... a awesome day and a very sun burnt Petey pie

Petey

OSK
Post #25

and just on a quick note, this isn't a perosnal attack on anyone, but the 2 cars who ran with out bonnets should have been stopped in the staging lanes...

I think it was sheers stupidity on willowbanks part to let these cars runs, not only does the bonnet provide strength in the event of a crash, but it also will stop engine fluids from splattering all over your windscreen if something lets go....

Would be nothing worse then a hose blowing half track and going all over your windscreen, then not being able to see wats going on

Don't take it personal

MM2death
Post #26

Awesome work Neil....

Scott

MR AKE70
Post #27

Your a whinging bitch OSK!!, huh.gif , yer i had a great time, i won every race on the bike, even the 9sec torana (he was shutting down halftrack) tongue.gif , and got a few alright skids in the VL (eventually), was a great day.

Now whats going on here Chris! 43 - MR AKE70 - Suzuki motorbike?? angry.gif , I dont think so! YAMAHA GOD DAM IT, YAMAHA!!!!!

Hope everyone injoyed the wheelie, if anyone has got it on film, gimmi, gimmi!!

rdtrippin
Post #28

was an awesome day, i regret not racing know, the only miss hap of the day the holden ute blowing its clutch, plue neil12 got done for speeding on the way there. Does anyone know if they set up the defect station

BoostedS15
Post #29

^^^ whats that didnt hear you?? what?? ahhhhhhhh a HONDA you say.

HOONDA.

QUOTE (OSK @ Aug 22 2004, 07:17 PM)
and just on a quick note, this isn't a perosnal attack on anyone, but the 2 cars who ran with out bonnets should have been stopped in the staging lanes...

I think it was sheers stupidity on willowbanks part to let these cars runs, not only does the bonnet provide strength in the event of a crash, but it also will stop engine fluids from splattering all over your windscreen if something lets go....

Would be nothing worse then a hose blowing half track and going all over your windscreen, then not being able to see wats going on

Don't take it personal

Haha yeh you do have a point, and i was told to put my bonnet back on, but i see where your comin from, in those runs that it was off it could have caused some shit,

I did it mainly for shits and giggles, but it did give me a desired result though, i spose i just got a little hot headed when i was told to put it back on tongue.gif

I spose ill have to overcome my heat problems some otherway

laugh.gif

No offence taken

Dave

QUOTE (rdtrippin @ Aug 22 2004, 07:27 PM)
the only miss hap of the day the holden ute blowing its clutch, plue neil12 got done for speeding on the way there

Nothing that sent oil\fuel spewing onto the track etc at least

mazdaguy01
Post #32

roweysvn two words "carbon fibre" and rice stickers

Pennywise
Post #33

only winners, ride suzuki smile.gif hahah

R34-GTR
Post #34

Im so cut now that i decided not to race sad.gif But it was an awsome day even though i had to shoot through at 2... I got some awsome action and non action photo's... And chris, did you race a black R32 GTSt at one stage?? Cause i took some photos cause it looked like it was you racing it smile.gif

180sr
Post #35

angry.gif well i'm fucking devastated!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry.gif i blew my turbo on the way there sad.gif so borrowed a mates rx7 and came up and got some footage from the trackday and drift day so its not all bad..... dry.gif
gotta get a new turbo now so if any1 knows some1 with a cheap t28bb then pm me

good day though apart from my car stuffing up and cudos to chris and every1 who got out there and raced/spectated thumbsup.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 5
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x