Rb25det Turbo Size/brand? - Turbo query...  

boostn247
  • boostn247
  • Budding User
  • Member No.: 10,910
Post #1 post 11th August 2004 - 05:03 PM
Hey guys.

I have a 97 rb25det in my skyline, & wondering what kind of size & brand the turbo would be..

Its a stocker! So just curious to know what I should do to up my boost & get more rwkw by adding say a bigger, high flow turbo & high mount extractors or what..

who here knows what to upgrade to & by the most valuable way of saving cash too!

This post has been edited by boostn247: Aug 11 2004, 05:06 PM

--------------------
[u]Project *RUJELS* is underway! ] -

F**KING BANG!!!!

Remember the rules here:
- no shit fights, no shit stirring, no abuse.
- no dissing other people's cars.
- no 'adult content' in avatars.
We aim to keep this site at a high quality, so parental guidance is recommended for
the immature that can't follow the basic rules!
TwinCam16
Post #2

Pretty sure its a t3 garrett... dont hold me to it tho

GotDubs?
Post #3

the cheapest and most effective upgrade is having the standard turbo high flowed and replacing the fragile ceramic wheel with a larger steel wheel. This will allow you to increase boost to above the 14psi break limit on a standard turbo to whatever your engine can handle. GCG turbos do this service and they have 2 different stages to choose from with the stage 2 obviously allowing more power but being more laggy and the stage 1 being more responsive but with less power being available. Its around the $1500 mark and they need your turbo for around a week.

The other great thing about this upgrade is the turbo looks factory so you wont have to get any extra parts to fit it and the police cant see the difference.

boostn247
Post #4

Kewl

Thanks for that Twin Cam

izzie
Post #5

Yes am equally as sure it is a garrett. Not entirely sure as to the material the wheels are (ceramic or steel) am almost certain that all stock turbos are ceramic.

Have you already lifted your boost to the maximum it will flow?

When you say your car is a stocker, is that with stock tiny intercooler or a larger FMIC?

Easiest way if your engine is breathing well through intake and exhaust system is to take it to a turbo reconditioner and have them hi flo it. At this stage I would not worry about the manifold as they breathe fairly well. Read an article of a car in melbourne I think that has got good power through modifying his fuel supply mainly.

Also need to think about ECU mods if that is also standard. Its been found that most factory turbos are tuned to run extremly rich to safeguard the engine........

PM me and I will send you the article on this hot little skyline......

AHH32
Post #6

you could hi flow your turbo, but for what it costs you could probably sell your turbo and spend an extra couple of hundred dollars and buy a brand new turbo. that with turbo back zorst, fmic and a bit of boost would go down very nicely.

QUOTE (AHH32 @ Aug 13 2004, 09:38 AM)
you could hi flow your turbo, but for what it costs you could probably sell your turbo and spend an extra couple of hundred dollars and buy a brand new turbo. that with turbo back zorst, fmic and a bit of boost would go down very nicely.

its an acutally t28 with a t3 flange as some people go by flange. The series 2 turbo utilises a 49mm compressor wheel which can run up to 1 bar of boost before you will soon shit exhaust wheels. Ive seen a few guys making around the 220rwkw mark with basic mods such as FMIC, exhaust, pod, and a fuel reg on a series 2 motor and turbo. My mate had run a VG30 steel exhaust wheel turbo which is basically the same as a rb25 series 1 turbo but with a larger exhaust housing. He had made 268hp@wheels on 14.3psi and on a different high flow setup he had . Which isnt a bad effort with just basic bolt ons and abit more boost,

boostn247
Post #8

Thanks alot all you guys!

Yea...

ive got an R31 Passage GT

-3 Zorst from turbo back
-GTR Front mount
-GTR Injectors & MSD Ignition
-600HP Fuel Pump
-External WasteGate
-two way boost switch 7psi / 13psi

I got 213rwkw but NEED MORE POWER!

buckET
Post #9

hey mate if you are interested in a high flow turbo, I know a guy that builds them, the turbo itself is a direct rb25 bolt on turbo for a rb25/20 which uses a 55mm compressor wheel. The turbo itself has made 300hp on a series 2 motor with basic mods and low boost. PM me if you are interested

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x