Jump to page
doolow
  • doolow
  • koooooooomba
  • Contributing Member!
  • Member No.: 45,799
Post #1 post 6th July 2009 - 05:47 AM
Al's race fabrication's & mechanical are having a dyno night at their workshop
FACTS:4wd dyno dynamics dyno/boost and o2 sensor runs/food and drinks (BBQ)/Al's a top bloke

9am till late

WHERE: unit 3/40 randell st Slack's Creek

WHEN :8/8/09 (this saturday)

COST: $50 for 3 runs

new steel plate fitted for the low riders

This post has been edited by doolow: Aug 3 2009, 07:56 PM

--------------------
The odds of going to the store for a loaf of bread and coming out with only a loaf of bread are three billion to one.
As soon as you sit down to a cup of hot coffee, your boss will ask you to do something which will last until the coffee is cold.
A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist.
StreetFame33
Post #2

Has he put in that metal plate yet, over the gutter to help lower cars get in? Even some cars legal hight were parked outside cause the gutter was steep.

Last one seemed alright, did come down and have a look may do the same this time around.

StreetFame33

doolow
Post #3

no. we seem to get our cars in with no worrys . dunno.gif
if your car scrapes going in you may have some drama getting on the dyno tongue.gif

StreetFame33
Post #4

QUOTE (doolow @ Jul 7 2009, 12:48 AM) *
no. we seem to get our cars in with no worrys . dunno.gif
if your car scrapes going in you may have some drama getting on the dyno tongue.gif

LOL - Probably, when I was there for the last one I thoght it may be close, I was just speaking to someone and they said he was going to get a metal plate for the gutter but meh may drop by for a look.

StreetFame33

doolow
Post #5

no worrys mate . my soarer gets in fine and it is low as. but stop by for a look and a feed none the less

StreetFame33
Post #6

QUOTE (doolow @ Jul 7 2009, 12:54 AM) *
no worrys mate . my soarer gets in fine and it is low as. but stop by for a look and a feed none the less

No worries mate, most likely will come down with a few of the boys smile.gif

StreetFame33

Matt_03WRX
Post #7

u have a pm let me know smile.gif! keen.

tonneroffun
Post #8

have got 3 decent cars coming for this,last 1 went until 2.30 in the morning,wasnt a bad night,lets get some more v8s on the dyno maybe,cheers

Kurpo_SS
Post #9

id bring the ute if som1 will supply me with a box strong enough to support the torque... may be coming along in mates wrx to have a look

tonneroffun
Post #10

^^^^^what kind of box your looking for man,for the right money i have got a turbo400 here that could be for sale$$$$$$$$$$$$4

Kurpo_SS
Post #11

eh not really looking for an older box.. just need a 4l60e or 4l65e that will handle the hp n torque with the added FI ... and currently $$$$less so yeah.. should be good by powercruise im hoping ..

tonneroffun
Post #12

no probs man,will handle hp no probs,has gone 8.86 before behind blown sbc

Kurpo_SS
Post #13

wats done 2 it??and how much.. and would it fit an ls1?? t400 from older models...

StreetFame33
Post #14

QUOTE (tonneroffun @ Jul 8 2009, 10:18 PM) *
have got 3 decent cars coming for this,last 1 went until 2.30 in the morning,wasnt a bad night,lets get some more v8s on the dyno maybe,cheers

I heard about that, I came down earlier in the night when it wasn't so busy and a few of us went out after checking it out 2AM is nuts for a dyno day that started during the day, should be an awesome day again hopefully have time to drop around again.

StreetFame33

fyn33
Post #15

Yeah I went to the last one and stopped past yesterday and the place looks very different now. I think this one will be better than last time!

I would love to see more differnet types of cars on the dyno this time even if they are stock. Its normally a great atmosphere and you got to learn what mods to do to your car next. Al is a fabricator and mechanic and is a wealth of knowledge!

Hope to see you all there!

StreetFame33
Post #16

QUOTE (fyn33 @ Jul 9 2009, 01:09 PM) *
Yeah I went to the last one and stopped past yesterday and the place looks very different now. I think this one will be better than last time!

I would love to see more differnet types of cars on the dyno this time even if they are stock. Its normally a great atmosphere and you got to learn what mods to do to your car next. Al is a fabricator and mechanic and is a wealth of knowledge!

Hope to see you all there!

AL's - thats where you're building FYN33 aren't you?

StreetFame33

micro20
Post #17

What is the prize money or is it trophys and who is the dyno driver ie what experience .

fyn33
Post #18

yes he has been building my car Street Fame, reason why is cause he is honest and actually listens to the client.

Mirco20:
There is no prize money, its just a chance to see what your car can do whilst in a fun atmosphere.
Al has been building cars for well over 30 years ranging from Methanol powered drag cars, nitrous assisted cars, speedway cars, circuit cars, blowen ski boats and the list goes on.
He has built some tuff rotors, blowen/turboed/NA 8's, blowen/turboed/NA 6's, turboed/NA 4's and has used a full range of ECU's that are on the market. He will be doing the runs in the car but the owners are more than welcome to sit in the passenger seat whilst the car is up on the dyno. If you want turn up a bit early talk to him and make your own opinion he is a great bloke to talk to and you may even score a coffee and good conversation smile.gif

micro20
Post #19

Talk is cheap

180_project
Post #20

Sounds good, do you get a printout included in the price?

Sharpy
Post #21

is it a "rock up and enter" day?

Sharpy
Post #22

and have you spelt the name of the place right?

like, the street name......

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&sou...321.78,,0,20.88

fyn33
Post #23

Mirco20 well come and have a look and make your own mind up then, easy as that wink.gif

180_Project yes you do get a print out

sorry Sharpy thats my bad, yes that is the place. It is a rock up first in first serve arvo.

StreetFame33
Post #24

My mate's bringing his 32 down so I should be there at some point on Saturday Night ..won't be running MRR33 though got a free dyno run at CJN Motorsport.

StreetFame33

ryan.d
Post #25

yeah i might bring the calais down and see how she goes...

180_project
Post #26

Should be there in the 180, test out the new turbo

Benny88
Post #27

i will be there in the ae82 i may even do a run, who knows maby it would be good for a laugh

goodold304
Post #28

i might come in my v8 ute, probly cost me 50$ in fuel to get there lol.

2muchofthiss?itisnotenuf
Post #29

Checked this out twice now, great event heaps of people, guy,s running it don,t have tickets on themselves.... And the bloody sausages on bread are cheap an tasty

doolow
Post #30

sorry people but the time has changed to 3pm due to high demand. just so we can fit you all in thumbsup.gif

Sharpy
Post #31

awesome. ill be there

180_project
Post #32

Will be there at 5 with my 180, mate's supra, and a modified MPS

Benny88
Post #33

x2 i gotta go to my soccer game be there at 5

StreetFame33
Post #34

Looks like I will be coming down now, might come down in the daily though won't be running tonight.

StreetFame33

TwinCam16
Post #35

I wasn't aware this was Predator Motorsports.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 3
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x