Stolen 05/06/09: 1928 Ford Model A Tudor - Bright Orange, open engine etc, REGO: THRSTY  

Page 1 of 3
Jump to page
squiggss
  • squiggss
  • Site Newbie
  • Member No.: 171,035
Post #1 post 5th June 2009 - 04:15 PM
My Dad's car was stolen from my parents hotel carpark last night on the Gold Coast. They were down the for the Wintersun Festival.
The car was in an secure underground carpark, blocked in by two other cars (the Mustang was moved to get the car out)
It's a 1928 Ford Model A Tudor, Bright Orange, open engine etc, REGO: THRSTY
Please if the car is seen anywhere can you contact the police.

1.5jz cressida
Post #2

shit mate sorry to hear thats stunning so many cars getting stolen bad news never hear of any being found

squiggss
Post #3

Its fucked. No insurance money will ever replace it too, as you would know

smiley
Post #4

QUOTE (1.5jz cressida @ Jun 6 2009, 10:26 AM) *
shit mate sorry to hear thats stunning so many cars getting stolen bad news never hear of any being found

This is one of the worst blue collar crimes there are. Should be punishable by public stoning.

Good luck mate. It's a VERY conspicuous car. Hopefully somone has seen it.

I think I actually met your parents not too long ago at a car show. I recognise the plates. I had a big F100 that your old boy quite liked. swapped some stories, enjoyed talking to them. Such a shame bad things happen to good people.

HRLL
Post #5

how the hell do they steal a bright orange car, even in pitch black nite you would still see it???

OT: sorry to hear bud, hope its found in one peice...

squiggss
Post #6

Yeah someone wll have hopefully seen it, which is why I wanted to get the pictures on here ASAP.
Probably, my parents are always out and about with the cars.
Thanks buddy

getwheel
Post #7

low life scum... bump to keep it up there

DeadSled
Post #8

Wow.. two cars being stolen on almost the same day. I agree with Smiley, some form of public humiliation / suffering should be allowed for people who are caught stealing others pride and joy.

BALSAK
Post #9

I really hope they find the cumstains that stole that car. If you find him first, beat the shit out of him and make a topic in OT saying you found him then you can invite everyone to beat seven shades of shit out of him!

Sorry to hear dude.

BoostedDave
Post #10

so the mustang was moved, and you just have to look at the car to tell that I'm pretty certain it's not just everyday amateur car thieves.
they obviously knew what they wanted, and took it....
most likely in parts right now?

fucking sucks, but you probably won't get it back...

Klepo_69
Post #11

sorry to hear, i hope u find it

smiley
Post #12

QUOTE (BALSAK @ Jun 6 2009, 11:06 AM) *
I really hope they find the cumstains that stole that car. If you find him first, beat the shit out of him and make a topic in OT saying you found him then you can invite everyone to beat seven shades of shit out of him!

Sorry to hear dude.

Did you hear about that guy overseas that tried to rob a hairdresser, the owner took him out, locked him in a closet and raped him for 3 days!
haha.

Needs to be done.
Fuckin thieves

Rookie ROX
Post #13

I've edited the topic title for you so it's more obvious to people.

I'd say if it's not still on the back of a tow truck, it's in a shop somewhere. That said you are right, someone has to have seen something. Good luck with it.

ROCK ON
R~R

nferno
Post #14

keep my eyes peeled on the southside for you. This is fucking low!!

the_random_hero
Post #15

Sucks dude, it obviously wasn't a spur of the moment theft - could even be the same people who hit all those nice cars last year.
AFAIK, everybody who owns a car of this vintage/quality should have GPS tracking.

StreetFame33
Post #16

Geez - I can't belive some people these days, just no respect for anyone else at all.

So sorry to hear, for them to go to so much effort to steal the car its ..I don't know beoynd me to be honest. So many cars have been flogged off this year.

Will keep a look out for you mate

StreetFame33

RetardedMonkey
Post #17

Sadly, if someone has gone to enough trouble to steal it from a locked underground garage, with two cars already in front of it, they knew what they wanted and have probably done this many times before.

BoostedDave
Post #18

QUOTE (RetardedMonkey @ Jun 6 2009, 12:54 PM) *
Sadly, if someone has gone to enough trouble to steal it from a locked underground garage, with two cars already in front of it, they knew what they wanted and have probably done this many times before.

Yep, as I said above, I think a car of this vintage and how much it stands out, it will be parted, but how many people have these cars these days? Not many, so someone must be in the vintage car circle or linked to it...

If I were to steal a car that stands out too much to drive, I would part it out, they wouldn't steal it for no reason (not that I would steal a car anyway, just an example) so I think people should keep an eye out for some magical Model A Tudor parts that may become available..... squint.gif

Rolla_ball
Post #19

*deadsled mysteriously gets a truckload of cheap parts for his model A*

squiggss
Post #20

Yeah there has been a bit of planning/experience gone into it.
It would have had to be someone who was also staying in the same hotel.
A Monaro was stolen from the same place last night too.
I'm devastated to think that people can be so low.
Gives me lttle faith in humanity.
I can't even begin to imagine what my dad must be feeling like right now.
Thanks for all the support guys, we really appreciate it

JCG
Post #21

QUOTE (RetardedMonkey @ Jun 6 2009, 01:54 PM) *

That is 2 wintersuns in a row that cars have gone missing like that, The scum needs to be strung up in the middle of wintersun so every one can sort them out.
Sorry to here will keep eyes and ears open.

Prancer
Post #22

Goes to show, that if you have a really nice car to have a few security cameras installed in your garage. My old man has a really nice mustang, is locked inside the garage, more of a show car then driven, we have 3 security cameras that link right into his room, and behind the main garage lifter, there is a kycoded lock which you have to enter the numbers or it rings the police:P

biggrin.gif

alpharx7
Post #23

maybe you want to edit your post prancer and remove the details potentially telling people what security measures your father uses head_wall.gif

Hoon
Post #24

Best thing to do is keep an eye on ebay, 2nd hand shops ect in the future. It's a bloody crying shame I tell you. I don't think public embarrassment or stoning is good enough for these low lives...jail isn't either.

squiggss
Post #25

Update: the car was seen heading north to brisbane on the M1 at aproximately 7.30am by people who had met my parents at the Brisbane hot rod show a few weeks ago

MR-05-SS
Post #26

20$ says its sitting with hsv's stateo

Prancer
Post #27

QUOTE (alpharx7 @ Jun 6 2009, 05:22 PM) *
maybe you want to edit your post prancer and remove the details potentially telling people what security measures your father uses head_wall.gif

If someone is really willing to track down my house, go through my 3 dogs, through my uncles shed whos a police officer, then face my dad at the other end, hey they can tongue.gif

810 OUT
Post #28

if you know the rough time and place it was spotted can you get the police to look at the traffic cameras on overpasses?

stephy_dahl88
Post #29

What the fuck aye?!? I'm sure someone will be able to report a description of the people/peron who drove it away, as everyone wud have been looking at it as the douche bags took it.

Goodluck, keep making reports on it in other places, that 1 person that may haveseen who it was may come across it.

misszilla
Post #30

Ugh, car thieves are the lowest. Horrible feeling knowing some crackhead is driving YOUR car. Bloody horrible! I went for a drive around Loganlea, Loganholme, Woodridge, Beenleigh etc. recently and probably will again while looking for my Torana so I'll keep an eye out. Fingers crossed!

734POT
Post #31

That is so fucked.

I was lucky enough to register a Tudor at work, absolutely cutest car I've ever seen!
Your dads is awesome too!

I really hope he gets it back! That's very sad!

ThunderBolt
Post #32

Beautiful car. Hope it gets found intact very soon.

HRLL
Post #33

back to the top...

whats the latest?

squiggss
Post #34

Not much to update
Cops aren't that interested as usual
Tv stations have interviewed my parents
Still no more sightings though
As I said it was seen heading north to Brisbane on the m1 at about 7.30 yesterday morning

1.5jz cressida
Post #35

il be watching this on the news tonight channel 9

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 3
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x