Turbo Info Needed  

Hoon
  • Hoon
  • Budding User
  • Member No.: 146
Post #1 post 6th July 2004 - 09:54 PM
Ahoy boys n girls. I'm after some information for a mate - he's looking at a Garrett M24 turbo. Now, I've done some looking around on google, and it really doesn't come back with much unless you know Japanese.

All I've found out so far, is the possibility that is from a Izuzu 24 foot truck. Dunno if that's true.

Help a brother out!

--------------------
Dion Newcomb Photography
Glamour - Fashion - Automotive - Commercial
On Facebook too!

Voted "Boost Best Photographer" 2011
crazy_bunny
Post #2

All i could find was, some fella is puttin one on his Maxima, some bloke has one on his SR20DET and was mumbling something about it been a T25, There was one site in german and i "THINK" it said that a VW golf has one on it. Also possibly the same size as a T4.
I found this quote "Description: - Garrett M24 A/R.42 EC - 3(Turbo) - suitable for all evo, 3S & VR4 - Max Boost 1.2 - 1.5 bar..."
Also found this quote "Garrett m24/t28 hybrid turbo (running 1bar boost)"
And yes they are appaerntly from a Izuzu "Does anybody know what size turbo a M24 GARRETT A/R 60 is?? I have a friend
that has two of these turbos from an Isuzu 24 ft truck."

So basicly it came of a Isuzu 24ft truck, and is possibly the same size as a T25, T28 or a T4. But from what ive read more likely the T28, and apparently theres severel differnt ones with different A/R?? They can also run upto 90,000RPM, and there suited to small engines for medium boost.

dunno if it helped but meh

Hoon
Post #3

So, not designed for a VL......ok.

deva
Post #4

i tried google,... all i could find in english was something about it running on a twin sequential turbo setup on a porsche 959... not sure if it was first or seconds.. but it said the same thing as crazy bunny with the 1.5bar boost being max.

QUOTE (deva @ Jul 6 2004, 11:07 PM)
i tried google,... all i could find in english was something about it running on a twin sequential turbo setup on a porsche 959... not sure if it was first or seconds.. but it said the same thing as crazy bunny with the 1.5bar boost being max.

Yer i found that, i was looking at the pictures. Was pritty mint, Yer i dont think it would work very well on a VL

avalonea
Post #6

lol you will find alot of turbos dion with m24 stamped on them.. too many to narrow it down

`josh

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x