Hoon
Post #53

Get crossed up!

Nick_
Post #54

Ninggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Hoon
Post #55

Finally pulled my finger out on the weekend a little, and tore apart my old computer that contained photos from 1995 to 2009. These are all pre-DSLR, however still digital, with a fair portion taken with a Kodak P880. Here's a couple of shots from 2008, Cars for Kids in Mackay.

Back in the day, I only shot in JPG and did pretty much NO post production. Looking back then, I see how far I've come in photography. To all the other 'togs out there - go look at your early work and see how you've come along!

I found out I've shot this car heaps of times over the years, and the owner has kept it perfect everytime. Props!

I think that's a 2JZ in a Beema...I could be wrong.

LS1 in a Munro...clean car.

Anyone know what this is? Volvo maybe?

Nice Torrie...does great burnouts too.

Got like 100+ photos from the day. If you're interested, head over to: http://www.dionnewcomb.com/index.php/Autom...ids-Mackay-2008

Nick_
Post #56

Yeah I've looked back just in my boost thread alone. Typically pics like these bore me, ten times over if I've taken them more so, so the first page of my thread is terribly cringe-worthy!

EUniqe
Post #57

yes, that is a 2JZ beemer, and yes, i want it oh so very much.

Hoon
Post #58

I figured a nice picture printed and framed would be a nice gift for Dad for Fathers Day on Sunday. Everytime I've taken a trip out to get a sunrise, it's been either too overcast or drizzling or the alarm would go off, I'd turn it off and go back to sleep :(

Well, today I woke up at 3.45am, slapped myself a few times, got dressed, went to 24hr Maccas for some coffee (that stuff is pig swill...last time, I swear!) then did the 30min drive to Wellington Point. I got there with heaps of time to spare, had a chat with a guy that was fishing after work. Did quite a few shots all in manual mode to try and get some sort of feel for how the sunrise would effect what I see. I mucked around with my 70-200, but I didn't want just water and sky in my shot, so I switched to the 10-22. Did a few shots around the jetty, under the jetty and behind the jetty :thumbsup:

Well, here's the pick of the bunch that I thought had the most promise. Hoping to get some feedback before 11am...that's when I'm going to PhotoContinental...lol!

lowvq
Post #59

QUOTE (Hoon @ Sep 3 2010, 08:56 AM) *
I figured a nice picture printed and framed would be a nice gift for Dad for Fathers Day on Sunday. Everytime I've taken a trip out to get a sunrise, it's been either too overcast or drizzling or the alarm would go off, I'd turn it off and go back to sleep :(

Well, today I woke up at 3.45am, slapped myself a few times, got dressed, went to 24hr Maccas for some coffee (that stuff is pig swill...last time, I swear!) then did the 30min drive to Wellington Point. I got there with heaps of time to spare, had a chat with a guy that was fishing after work. Did quite a few shots all in manual mode to try and get some sort of feel for how the sunrise would effect what I see. I mucked around with my 70-200, but I didn't want just water and sky in my shot, so I switched to the 10-22. Did a few shots around the jetty, under the jetty and behind the jetty :thumbsup:

Well, here's the pick of the bunch that I thought had the most promise. Hoping to get some feedback before 11am...that's when I'm going to PhotoContinental...lol!

It looks good - i would straighten the horizon though mate!

Maybe try and get the orange of the sunrise and the clouds to pop a little more.

it is nice though!

Hoon
Post #60

Thanks :( I've straightened it up, must of been while you were posting. I'm trying to keep the orange in, make it feel like that "first light". Here's what I did for the shot+PP:

I set the focus to infinity, so everything should of been in focus. The clouds would show up more cause I did sharpen up the image a bit. This shot was one of the last ones, so it was starting to get pretty bright, yet I wanted to still capture the early stages of light, which is why I sped up the shutter. Added a 5% red filter to help burn it in. Cloned out a rogue peice of grass that I mustn't of seen during my half dazed sleepy state. Recently: Corrected a 1 degree slant.

lowvq
Post #61

yeah thats better than the 1st post - your Dad will love it!

mitch-10-02
Post #62

none of the photos r coming up for me :S

edit: all good... nice photos :(

DKam
Post #63

im amazed you could make Wello look so picturesque

Hoon
Post #64

lol DKam :(

Just got back from PhotoContinental - image came out great...I got 2 :thumbsup:

Hoon
Post #65

One from a workshop I did on the weekend. Haven't edited many yet, however you can view what's available on my site: http://www.dionnewcomb.com/index.php/Peopl...s/Alana-Collins

waynecant
Post #66

QUOTE (Hoon @ Sep 13 2010, 12:29 PM) *

One from a workshop I did on the weekend. Haven't edited many yet, however you can view what's available on my site: http://www.dionnewcomb.com/index.php/Peopl...s/Alana-Collins

thankyou for making my monday a little better :lol:

VTR
Post #67

QUOTE (Hoon @ Sep 3 2010, 08:56 AM) *

Like this a lot. :lol:

Hoon
Post #68

QUOTE (waynecant @ Sep 13 2010, 04:10 PM) *
thankyou for making my monday a little better :)

QUOTE (VTR @ Sep 13 2010, 04:14 PM) *
Like this a lot. :mamoru:

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Side note - I've just bought a external battery pack for my flash units, so I can take them on the road and be portable! *thrusts* Gonna be awesome.

Benny_boy92
Post #69

Wish i had her in my kitchen.. She can do my dishes any day :)

Hoon
Post #70

Took a roadtrip up to Toowoomba for something to do on Saturday. Main reason was I wanted to go find some older buildings to take pics of, but they had the festival of flowers on as well. Parking was just non-existant so I spent most of my time driving around trying to find things of interest. I ran across the top 2 winners from the festival this year.

Next time I do something like this, I'm gonna get a mini-cam setup on the car and do a fast-foward video :D

Edit - forgot to mention more pics up here: http://www.dionnewcomb.com/index.php/Days-...alofFlowers2010

SR33
Post #71

So what was the workshop about and what did you learn?

Hoon
Post #72

Glamour Photography - lighting, instructing models, lighting equipment especially (considering how much crap is out there, gotta pick out the things you need vs. the things that work for you) poses, scenes plus a bunch of other stuff. Was the 2nd time I did the workshop, so I didn't absorb as much as the newbie I was paired with.

Hoon
Post #73

From a few weekends ago...

jshow
Post #74

dang
^_^

SR33
Post #75

Great shot and good lighting. Now next step is to do a bit of skin processing. Clean up her lips, and smooth-en the lower section of her body. Will be killer shot after that.

James Dean
Post #76

God, i have a few photos of her.
By a few i mean a lot.

Hoon
Post #77

Decided to start recording scenes, how things are setup, how easy it is ect. Using stuff I already had around the house, and just going out to Spotlight and buying a 6m strip of black fabric. You'll see who I'm shooting with tomorrow :hsdance:

TUN35
Post #78

QUOTE (Hoon @ Oct 16 2010, 01:22 PM) *

Decided to start recording scenes, how things are setup, how easy it is ect. Using stuff I already had around the house, and just going out to Spotlight and buying a 6m strip of black fabric. You'll see who I'm shooting with tomorrow :hsdance:

Better not be a self portrait :oopsie:

Hoon
Post #79

QUOTE (TUN35 @ Oct 16 2010, 05:45 PM) *
Better not be a self portrait :bowrofl:

Noooooo...I done one of those. Gonna do it again with some modifications tho.

Here's one that's close to finished. Still working on the final smoothing, but I just can't wait to post :thumbsup:

Wait til you see one of the finished pics. I actually have to hire a graphics person to do what I want cause I don't have the skills - but this will be the best ever. I'll show before/after images.

James Dean
Post #80

Are you just some seedy dude with this "setup" in his house to lure young girls in their lingerie?

OT: I like the lighting, i think i personally would like to see a touch of lift on the shoulders other than that, good work. Better post up more, i'd like to the see the poses she used.

Nick_
Post #81

A hairlight on her head would've helped make her really 3 dimensional. Also, are those flower petals running down her torso meant to symbolise something else?

SEEDY MAN YOU!

Hoon
Post #82

lol @ seedy...jesus. Random flower pedals (fake ones too) where just thrown randomly. Honest. And no, the scene gets torn down back into a normal bedroom after a shoot. Wish I had a studio :thumbsup:

Hoon
Post #83

Got my new 580EXII flash and a Ray Flash today....god bless the Aussie Dollar. Buying in Singapore saved me about $300 or more!

The 550D, 580EXII and Ray Flash....sorry, it's iphone pic lol.

Self test shot, just holding the camera back on myself. You can see the ring flash in the reflection of my eyes. Going to be awesome using this for the zombie walk this upcoming Sunday.

Nick_
Post #84

They do loose a stop plus in light so remember if you're going TTL, to add compensation there. I found my knock-off to loose light at the bottom, so it's more of a horse-shoe than a ring - how's the proper ray-flash seem? (Tip: to check this, fire your 580 remotely and take a shot of the ring at 1/250th and see where the light hits and doesn't hit in the ring.

I'd have gone an Orbis, but they are very expensive, even the arm to screw it to your camera is almost a hundred bucks!!

EUniqe
Post #85

whoa that is AWESOME !!

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 6
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x