--------------------

Comments

• Boost Network 42
  • one11
    Post #2

lovin OEG60 new paint! loooks superb! few interesting cars out smile.gif

shiftmad
    Post #3

where are these sprint held and when do they happen cause they look so much fun

Rookie ROX
    Post #4

Great day out today, although it still thoroughly annoys me when certain people STILL don't understand the concept of NO passing in the corners and try and force people out of their line dry.gif

Anyway nice pics!

ROCK ON
    R~R

clutch-monkey
    Post #5

sweet pics, how was the traffic out on the track? pig205 looks like a pocket rocket

angels666
    Post #6

Shiftmad: http://www.queenslandraceway.com.au/ smile.gif

Nice pictures Nis biggrin.gif

I never 100% got the whole remove plates or cover them concept. Someone in the pits before you start or when you are about to leave could get a picture of them showing dunno.gif

SKYLEE
    Post #7

V' nice pics man. Looked like a good arvo out.

Mr.B
    Post #8

QUOTE(clutch-monkey @ Dec 1 2007, 05:56 PM) [snapback]1281679603[/snapback]

pig205 looks like a pocket rocket

It's slow, just ask Jamie. tongue.gif

astinaboiv6
    Post #9

lol @ cvics.. GO BOI RACER GO....

HOON69
    Post #10

GT Kitted falcon looks a mint

nice pics

GTRVspec95
    Post #11

Thanks for the pics Nis ... will forward them on to the others thumbsup.gif

QUOTE(clutch-monkey @ Dec 1 2007, 05:56 PM) [snapback]1281679603[/snapback]

sweet pics, how was the traffic out on the track? pig205 looks like a pocket rocket

QUOTE(Mr.B @ Dec 1 2007, 06:39 PM) [snapback]1281679688[/snapback]

It's slow, just ask Jamie. tongue.gif

I think I posted a 1.10 following it ohnoes.gif

Driver just needs to learn the correct racing line and he should be right, as it's got a fair bit of gear in it

QUOTE(astinaboiv6 @ Dec 1 2007, 06:43 PM) [snapback]1281679694[/snapback]

We're posting 61 and 62 second lap times around the Sprint course at QR and thats with unopened engines smile.gif

What does your bling Prelude do ? smile.gif

Spoolin D
    Post #12

QUOTE(astinaboiv6 @ Dec 1 2007, 08:43 PM) [snapback]1281679694[/snapback]

For a Honda owner you are absolutely clueless...

Nice pics B-Man! How did the GTV do around the track? And also is that an MX5 Bullet?

Mr.B
    Post #13

QUOTE(Spoolin D @ Dec 1 2007, 07:30 PM) [snapback]1281679772[/snapback]

Nice pics B-Man! How did the GTV do around the track? And also is that an MX5 Bullet?

Not sure how quick it went around the track sorry. And yes it is.

astinaboiv6
    Post #14

We're posting 61 and 62 second lap times around the Sprint course at QR and thats with unopened engines smile.gif

What does your bling Prelude do ? smile.gif

eats civics for breakky laugh.gif tongue.gif

provided they dont have a k20 or a b18c lol tongue.gif

Dori*mon
    Post #15

nice shots Nis, loving the civics

GTRVspec95
    Post #16

QUOTE(astinaboiv6 @ Dec 1 2007, 07:40 PM) [snapback]1281679791[/snapback]

eats civics for breakky laugh.gif tongue.gif

provided they dont have a k20 or a b18c lol tongue.gif

No breakfast for you then chump smile.gif

Rookie ROX
    Post #17

QUOTE(angels666 @ Dec 1 2007, 06:26 PM) [snapback]1281679660[/snapback]

I never 100% got the whole remove plates or cover them concept. Someone in the pits before you start or when you are about to leave could get a picture of them showing dunno.gif

Usually that's the first thing they do when you get there. It's more for insurance and sales than anything else.

QUOTE(Spoolin D @ Dec 1 2007, 07:30 PM) [snapback]1281679772[/snapback]

For a Honda owner you are absolutely clueless...

The creme GTV ran a best of 64.53 today, I don't know what his PB is. And yes, that's a V8 Bullet Roadster.

ROCK ON
    R~R

angels666
    Post #18

QUOTE(Rookie ROX @ Dec 1 2007, 09:35 PM) [snapback]1281680000[/snapback]
    Usually that's the first thing they do when you get there. It's more for insurance and sales than anything else.

Yer I've seen people do it but just never personally known someone to do it smile.gif

FC3STURBO
    Post #19

nice pics nis!, wish i could have made it out sad.gif

one11
    Post #20

QUOTE(astinaboiv6 @ Dec 1 2007, 06:43 PM) [snapback]1281679694[/snapback]

....you drive a Prelude thumbsup.gif

astinaboiv6
    Post #21

QUOTE(one11 @ Dec 1 2007, 11:12 PM) [snapback]1281680094[/snapback]

....you drive a Prelude thumbsup.gif

its a sports luxury.. civics came out as shopping baskets for grannys tongue.gif

but lets not start a who drives a better car thing here.. each to their own.. i mean if i had a civic id probably do that up.. but... its a lil on the cheap side.. soz 4 offending lol

TRY TOO
    Post #22

astinaboiv6 is a tool.

Spoolin D
    Post #23

QUOTE(Rookie ROX @ Dec 1 2007, 11:35 PM) [snapback]1281680000[/snapback]

The creme GTV ran a best of 64.53 today, I don't know what his PB is. And yes, that's a V8 Bullet Roadster.

ROCK ON
    R~R

Ahh ok thought so, they have the supercharged V8 in them aswell, brother was a passenger in the standard V8 version and it's rather scary. Was informed a few years back that when they were just realised, to actually purchase one you had to complete some kind of driving course, so not just any average joe could hop into one before being properlly tested.

GTRVspec95
    Post #24

QUOTE(astinaboiv6 @ Dec 2 2007, 12:25 AM) [snapback]1281680185[/snapback]

its a sports luxury.. civics came out as shopping baskets for grannys tongue.gif

but lets not start a who drives a better car thing here.. each to their own.. i mean if i had a civic id probably do that up.. but... its a lil on the cheap side.. soz 4 offending lol

So Civic Type-R's and SiR's where designed for really quick granny's ?

Pull your head in mate and bring your piece of crap out to a race day before you start shooting your mouth off and demonstrating to the forums how much of a complete and utter knob you really are; which by the way you've already successfully done

Luke
    Post #25

you tell him Jamie happy.gif

awesome shots nis, many wubs <3

Mezevenf
    Post #26

Yay theres me! I'm famous!

clutch-monkey
    Post #27

QUOTE(astinaboiv6 @ Dec 2 2007, 12:25 AM) [snapback]1281680185[/snapback]

its a sports luxury..

no it isn't
    it's pure redundancy

Lyle_Style
    Post #28

dam whos blue eg is that? i like.. im guessing another now with a K ?

Flozza
    Post #29

Did anyone else not get the sort of times they expected? It seems like all of the Clios were getting slower times, we ended up coming to the conclusion that the rain might have washed rubber off the track or something.

Doesn't work for me of course, I'm just plain useless. tongue.gif

Let's hope they can get a timing system for the European cars worked out though. Those little transponders don't work with the front windows on the Renaults, so they've been fiddling around with different ones. As it was, I was timed manually, and I could have sworn they made a mistake - 2 seconds slower with a clear run than while overtaking slower cars and being overtaken by faster ones doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I can't remember making any obvious mistakes.

NVS_084
    Post #30

Where's the commodore's ??

Mr.B
    Post #31

QUOTE(NVS_084 @ Dec 2 2007, 12:35 PM) [snapback]1281680905[/snapback]

Mezevenf
    Post #32

QUOTE(Flozza @ Dec 2 2007, 09:51 AM) [snapback]1281680546[/snapback]

Let's hope they can get a timing system for the European cars worked out though. Those little transponders don't work with the front windows on the Renaults, so they've been fiddling around with different ones. As it was, I was timed manually, and I could have sworn they made a mistake - 2 seconds slower with a clear run than while overtaking slower cars and being overtaken by faster ones doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I can't remember making any obvious mistakes.

Why dont the Renault's register? The alfas dont seem to have any problems... but yea, I got a slower time than I was hoping, I think your assumption about the rubber may have been true...

Hehe the Renaults lift their rear wheels so easily, was fun watching from *very* close behind the blue one.

tekung
    Post #33

man that s2000 has a bloody front mount! jealous

Flozza
    Post #34

QUOTE(Mezevenf @ Dec 2 2007, 01:08 PM) [snapback]1281681009[/snapback]

Why dont the Renault's register?

It's weird. They have this anti-UV coating on the windows, so the transponders for E-Toll don't work either, except for a small bit at the bottom of the screen where there is no coating.

But the timing transponders seem to be so sensitive that putting them down there gives you no reading. Or, if they do, there's something different about the window, which seems weird - but then they said the system actually uses the window to send the signals, apparently.

Anyways, they had special ones they stuck to the headlight, but only for two of us. We couldn't get any news on whether they worked or not at the end of the day though, so I guess we'll know better next time.

Rookie ROX
    Post #35

QUOTE(Flozza @ Dec 2 2007, 09:51 AM) [snapback]1281680546[/snapback]

Did anyone else not get the sort of times they expected? It seems like all of the Clios were getting slower times, we ended up coming to the conclusion that the rain might have washed rubber off the track or something.

I was well down on my times, I feel I wasn't pushing as hard as normal, but I didn't think it should have impacted as much. The weather was perfect so obviously that can't explain it.

QUOTE(NVS_084 @ Dec 2 2007, 12:35 PM) [snapback]1281680905[/snapback]

This is an event where you have to go around corners, therefore few Commodores or Falcons attend thumbsup.gif

ROCK ON
    R~R

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 2
    Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x