Shuff's General Chat Thread ... #73 - Talk about anything and everything...  

Page 399 of 487
Jump to page
alpharx7
Post #13931

new Wonder Woman trailer out tomorrow. thumbsup.gif

oh and Gal Gadot blew a kiss at me @ 30 sec mark. mamoru.gif

alpharx7
Post #13932

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Mar 11 2017, 06:19 PM) *
Explain?

Haven't you seen all the shit that 1320 are posting to their youtube channel from their Australian trip to the summernats and then up here in QLD afterwards.

the fake lambo race etc

alpharx7
Post #13933

vk134
Post #13934

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Mar 3 2017, 06:14 PM) *
Yep, just counts for floorspace, but at 50% rate.

Land's not really expensive here at all in general, just in central tokyo it's comparable to the most expensive parts or Syd or Melb.

Go to "the country" which to Tokyo people means more than 30 min on the train, and land is actually way cheaper than the Australian equivalents.

I did notice that in the pricing structure, if it is past a 30min commute it just drops off in price, despite them having a good public transport system. I will be heading to Japan in Late November, Mostly Tokyo, looking at staying around Ueno, it seems like the best option to get a house off homeaway, apparently air bnb is not legal in some areas.
I will have a normal rail pass for the first few days then get a7 day bullet train pass for the last week, doing the usual Nara, Kyoto, Hiroshima, bunny island etc.. I have no real set plans in Tokyo, would like to see the fish market, Akihabara etc, but just don't mind wandering around, any cool places in that sort of 5km cbd area?

wolfman101
Post #13935

QUOTE (alpharx7 @ Mar 11 2017, 11:04 PM) *
Haven't you seen all the shit that 1320 are posting to their youtube channel from their Australian trip to the summernats and then up here in QLD afterwards.

the fake lambo race etc

Yeah, that fake race was a pretty deceptive dog move to get some viral hits.

wolfman101
Post #13936

QUOTE (vk134 @ Mar 12 2017, 08:05 AM) *
I did notice that in the pricing structure, if it is past a 30min commute it just drops off in price, despite them having a good public transport system. I will be heading to Japan in Late November, Mostly Tokyo, looking at staying around Ueno, it seems like the best option to get a house off homeaway, apparently air bnb is not legal in some areas.
I will have a normal rail pass for the first few days then get a7 day bullet train pass for the last week, doing the usual Nara, Kyoto, Hiroshima, bunny island etc.. I have no real set plans in Tokyo, would like to see the fish market, Akihabara etc, but just don't mind wandering around, any cool places in that sort of 5km cbd area?

Airbnb is illegal everywhere here, but noone cares.
Are you allergic to hotels? wink.gif

I live right next to the fish market (Tsukiji) - though it's supposed to have moved by the time you come. Actually, it was supposed to move a year ago, but that's a whole other story!

The "main" bits of tokyo are actually quite walkable if that's what you like. When I first moved here I spent a whole day walking (I like to do that in a new city, just to get a feeling for how it's laid out) and was basically able to walk between every major tourist zone.

Your first time?

We should definitely meet up.

alpharx7
Post #13937

alpharx7
Post #13938

r.i.p.

I loved his comics as a kid growing up, always read them, and have several of his books laying about still thumbsup.gif

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-43...lzheimer-s.html

Cartoonist and creator of Footrot Flats Murray Ball dies at age 78 after a battle with Alzheimer's

New Zealand cartoonist Murray Ball died on Sunday at the age of 78
The creator of 'Footrot Flats' is believed to have died at his Gisborne home
Mr Ball had been battling Alzheimer's and was being cared for at the home
He is survived by his wife, Pam, and the couple's children

New Zealand cartoonist Murray Ball has died at the age of 78.

The 'Footrot Flats' creator is believed to have passed away on Sunday after a long battle with Alzheimer's at his Gisborne home, according to Stuff.co.nz.

He is survived by his wife, Pam, and the couple's children.

Mr Ball's collaborator Tom Scott said he had received word of his friend's death around 1pm on Sunday.

'It's terribly sad, because he was a brilliant man,' he told Stuff.co.nz.

'He was a hero of mine when I was growing up in the Manawatu. It was tremendous to think these great cartoons could be created by someone living just up the road, the didn't need to be things done overseas,' said Mr Scott, who was born in Mr Ball's hometown of Feilding.

Mr Scott said Mr Ball gave him his break when he asked his friend to help write the script for Footrot Flat's feature film.

The cartoon based on characters Wal and Dog ran from 1976 to 1994 in newspapers across the world.

Mr Ball's wife, Pam, told Radio New Zealand last year her husband has been in poor health for the past six years, according to the NZ Herald.

alpharx7
Post #13940

QUOTE (Slav @ Mar 13 2017, 12:48 PM) *

that's one reason why mountain runs were banned from being organised on here.

sad, but what can you do. rolleyes.gif

alpharx7
Post #13941

available

alpharx7
Post #13942

also available.......

Dai.
Post #13943

QUOTE (Slav @ Mar 13 2017, 12:48 PM) *

That's what happens when you drive like twats on a blacked out road at night that's notorious for claiming lives.

dunno.gif head_wall.gif

vk134
Post #13944

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Mar 12 2017, 11:09 AM) *
Airbnb is illegal everywhere here, but noone cares.
Are you allergic to hotels? wink.gif

I live right next to the fish market (Tsukiji) - though it's supposed to have moved by the time you come. Actually, it was supposed to move a year ago, but that's a whole other story!

The "main" bits of tokyo are actually quite walkable if that's what you like. When I first moved here I spent a whole day walking (I like to do that in a new city, just to get a feeling for how it's laid out) and was basically able to walk between every major tourist zone.

Your first time?

We should definitely meet up.

Yes first time, as for staying at Hotels is ok, we will be staying in some further south, but in Tokyo city, found some pretty good houses for very good rates that suit a more flexible timetable to eating, washing clothes etc and wandering around

I have my daughter with me, as she wanted to go to Japan instead of schoolies, bonus for her if she gets an OP1 it will all be free, damn these bets we make. My sister and her daughter are also coming as they went last year and loved it, so she knows her way around a bit. But we will have different interests in Tokyo so I will have days to wander.

As for the fish market, I did hear about the move delays, something about the new site was contaminated, I want to suss out how it works and some contacts for how to bring Atlantic Bluefin Tuna from Sweden to Japan. I spotted decent schools while offshore fishing in Sweden last year and discovered they used to have a massive Tuna industry that stopped in 85 as they decimated them, now they are returning, but not targeted yet.

I really do enjoy wandering and getting a feel for a city, so good to hear Tokyo is good for that, I'm not good with organised tours and ridgid timetables while on holidays, so it suits me better.

What is the go with mobiles there, easy to get a thrash and burn prepaid with some data for when out of Wifi range?

Anyway, It isn't until end of November, I'll let you know

alpharx7
Post #13945

QUOTE (Dai. @ Mar 13 2017, 05:31 PM) *
That's what happens when you drive like twats on a blacked out road at night that's notorious for claiming lives.

dunno.gif

head_wall.gif

was on the news, 39yo male on a bike. i think that link said something different iirc

alpharx7
Post #13946

the funny stories you come across on the interwebs..... mamoru.gif

and yes it's only a selective / partial quote. go read the story in the link if you're that interested.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39...source=facebook

Texas lawmaker Jessica Farrar wants men fined for masturbating

Abortion is a hot topic in Texas, with both sides vocal in their beliefs

A female politician in Texas is taking an unusual swipe at what she sees as restrictive abortion laws by targeting men - more precisely male masturbation.
Her unlikely draft law has a simple aim, she says - to protect unborn children everywhere.

Which is why it wants all "emissions outside of a woman's vagina, or created outside of a health or medical facility" to carry a $100 (£81) fine.
If a man made such an emission it would "be considered an act against an unborn child".

"It got me thinking, maybe what's good for the goose is good for the gander," Ms Farrar told the BBC. "If we are taking these measures because of the sanctity of life, well, we just cannot waste any seed."
bowrofl.gif

alpharx7
Post #13947

available

SecondChoice
Post #13948

anyone use Ouya?
and responding to alphas story... theres always plenty of seed to waste....

wolfman101
Post #13949

QUOTE (vk134 @ Mar 13 2017, 07:08 PM) *
Yes first time, as for staying at Hotels is ok, we will be staying in some further south, but in Tokyo city, found some pretty good houses for very good rates that suit a more flexible timetable to eating, washing clothes etc and wandering around

I have my daughter with me, as she wanted to go to Japan instead of schoolies, bonus for her if she gets an OP1 it will all be free, damn these bets we make. My sister and her daughter are also coming as they went last year and loved it, so she knows her way around a bit. But we will have different interests in Tokyo so I will have days to wander.

As for the fish market, I did hear about the move delays, something about the new site was contaminated, I want to suss out how it works and some contacts for how to bring Atlantic Bluefin Tuna from Sweden to Japan. I spotted decent schools while offshore fishing in Sweden last year and discovered they used to have a massive Tuna industry that stopped in 85 as they decimated them, now they are returning, but not targeted yet.

I really do enjoy wandering and getting a feel for a city, so good to hear Tokyo is good for that, I'm not good with organised tours and ridgid timetables while on holidays, so it suits me better.

What is the go with mobiles there, easy to get a thrash and burn prepaid with some data for when out of Wifi range?

Anyway, It isn't until end of November, I'll let you know

Used to be impossible to get prepaid sims in Japan, because all foreigners are drug dealers. Now you can get them at vending machines in the airport!

On that fish market scandal: this is the highway outside my apartment. Part of the several kms of highway and bridges that have been built to support the new location, and have sat unused and blocked off since they were built a year ago...

Attached File  DSC_0433.JPG ( 10.12MB ) Number of downloads: 4
Attached File  DSC_0434.JPG ( 7.81MB ) Number of downloads: 4
Attached File  DSC_0435.JPG ( 8.78MB ) Number of downloads: 5

alpharx7
Post #13950

i'm so going to see this at the cinema. mamoru.gif

alpharx7
Post #13951

available

alpharx7
Post #13952

available

alpharx7
Post #13953

it's like watching natural selection at work, it'll never get old mamoru.gif

alpharx7
Post #13954

Marvels Iron Fist is out on Netflix. beer.gif

alpharx7
Post #13955

vk134
Post #13956

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Mar 14 2017, 09:10 PM) *
Used to be impossible to get prepaid sims in Japan, because all foreigners are drug dealers.

Now you can get them at vending machines in the airport!

On that fish market scandal: this is the highway outside my apartment.

Part of the several kms of highway and bridges that have been built to support the new location, and have sat unused and blocked off since they were built a year ago...

Good news on the SIM situation, I was surprised in Sweden it was just at the newsagent, pay and go, no id, nothing.

That new road looks ideal for a movie scene for some high speed inner city Tokyo footage

alpharx7
Post #13957

It's funny how our cruise worked out on the weekend up to Ricks Diner @ Palmwoods. There we were, split on whether or not to go ahead, some about to go home, when one of the cars wouldn't start. Pissing down rain the owner didn't want to crawl underneath to try and figure it out - a process of elimination had narrowed it down to being the fuel pump......Half an hour passes whilst trying to figure it out / the rain lets up and the sun comes out, and then it's realised that the passenger had kicked out the fuse with his feet climbing into the car. Problem solved and off we all went on our cruise.......

Bloody Datsun owners (that was the car that was broken down) makes a change from it being a Mazda tongue.gif

alpharx7
Post #13958

available

alpharx7
Post #13959

available

alpharx7
Post #13960

available

alpharx7
Post #13961

coming soon to netflix, based on an anime i believe......

alpharx7
Post #13962

out April 25th thumbsup.gif

alpharx7
Post #13963

Justice League trailer out tomorrow, here's a sneak peak of one of the characters, Cyborg

there's a 'sneak peak' on all 5, but i thought i'd throw this one up since it's probably the least known character in the franchise.

alpharx7
Post #13964

alpharx7
Post #13965

here's another movie franchise that may have gone for a movie or two too many........

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 399 of 487
Jump to page
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x