300zx R Evil - i loved it  

Page 1 of 5
Jump to page
yura
  • yura
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 33,400
Post #1 post 4th January 2007 - 06:00 PM
hello to every1. i just thought i would post my experience drivin a 300zx 2day. my boss gave me his car for the day and i desided to see what that car got. and i was really suprised. i heard alot bout them cars, and mainly the bad things. but i have to say them cars r awsome. it was a TT manual 2+2. it was fast, really fast. drove alot of fast cars and i have to say that is one of the top. and i was drivin it in a heat, and i was givin it to the car. after 6 hours of constant drivin, it did not over heat, and on top of that 500km out of a full tank was awsome. but they were fast, i was scared of it. i am sure ppl who have them will agree with me.
so i thoght i would post that and share it. lol.
wot u ppl think.
tongue.gif
VUGGS
Post #2

they arent that quick

Nvious
Post #3

True.

PyrotiX
Post #4

meh so so.. tongue.gif

my lancer would give it a run for it's money.. lol

bobchic
Post #5

If you love them so much you can buy my z31

300zx's are addictive as they are so ahead of their time..

Good to know you had fun smile.gif

57EAM
Post #6

They are quick but not that quick. Much quicker in the sea where they belong..

[BOOF-88]
Post #7

lol 300zx.. a better boat then it is a car.....

MrDOHC
Post #8

i can outrun them very easily, throw some dosh at them and they go really well tho

MYB16
Post #9

you failed to mention if its stock or not...

but cool story hansel..

Phat999
Post #10

theres faster out there lol

LANCER_PEPS
Post #11

My old car was a 1993 300zx non turbo, and it had power but I thought it would have more. It was 172kw but lagged heaps.

Ahmad
Post #12

Yes they are very good cars... got no idea how you got 500kms to a tank tho :S i only ever got around 400...

HOTSHOT
Post #13

mm 300zx not my kinda of car

at least u had fun in the bosses car

punksnut
Post #14

QUOTE(MYB16 @ Jan 4 2007, 07:11 PM) [snapback]1280635837[/snapback]

but cool story hansel..

i lol'd laugh.gif

QUOTE(LANCER_PEPS @ Jan 4 2007, 07:44 PM) [snapback]1280636011[/snapback]

My old car 300zx non turbo, It was 172kw but lagged heaps.

i lol'd laugh.gif

QUOTE(Ahmad @ Jan 4 2007, 07:52 PM) [snapback]1280636048[/snapback]

Yes they are very good cars...

i lol'd laugh.gif

Ahmad
Post #15

People judging cars without even driven them or based on other peoples mindless opinions.... I lol'd

RLN16
Post #16

what did you compare the 300zx to, to say that it is fast? LOL

Ahmad
Post #17

When i had mine i compared it to a 250kw clubsport and it won... (300zx+exhaust)

yura
Post #18

yea i didnt mention bout the performance, i wanted to tell u when it would heat up. it does around 320kw at the weels. he spend some good money on it, and takes care of her well. 500 out of a full tank cause if any1 wonders becuase it was changed to some bigger one. dont know much about that car so not gona tell u that much bout it, he doesnt tell me the mods that are made to the car, he says its a secret. lol. but its alot of fun drivin it. haha. it was a major highlight of my day. specialy pikin up ma mate and den my gf and givin them a cruise witch one of them 2 screamed. haha.
cause of that i gona do up my rotor now, lol, plus i lost my licence for a while witch comes to affect in 2 weeks. hsdance.gif so can do some desent work.

oh
p.s. i lost my licence in that 300zx.
hahaha
rant2.gif

p.s.s. wasnt expectin that much replyes. lol. thx

QUOTE(RLN16 @ Jan 4 2007, 09:50 PM) [snapback]1280636213[/snapback]

what did you compare the 300zx to, to say that it is fast? LOL

just to cars i been in. my boss imports cars, so i been in a lot.
i am sure der is quicker, but that was my quickest so far.

LANCER_PEPS
Post #19

QUOTE(punksnut @ Jan 4 2007, 09:43 PM) [snapback]1280636199[/snapback]

i lol'd laugh.gif

You did? haha? Well..I reckon the twin-exhausts I put on it made it loose power.

Basic
Post #20

QUOTE(LANCER_PEPS @ Jan 4 2007, 07:18 PM) [snapback]1280636287[/snapback]

You did? haha? Well..I reckon the twin-exhausts I put on it made it loose power.

Didn't they come stock with twin exhausts? Either way he's laughing about your non-turbo car having 170 odd kw and having 'lag'. AFAIK they had 168kw at the fly from the factory.

I used to really doubt these cars, always thought they were a land boat until I met one in my R33 one night and fair enough I was only running stock boost at the time but that 300zx could move, in a straight line at least I've no idea how they handle but I can have a guess.

DODelaney
Post #21

QUOTE(yura @ Jan 4 2007, 08:58 PM) [snapback]1280636229[/snapback]

oh
p.s. i lost my licence in that 300zx.
hahaha
rant2.gif

bowrofl.gif

ive changed my theory about 300zx sence i went for a strap in camerons auto TT version
was heaps good in a straight line but could do with some better suspension for corners, to make it a little more comfy

antonio
Post #22

There quick cars for the minimal amount of money required smile.gif

MTB
Post #23

there not to bad

THORPE84
Post #24

nice car, apart from the ass end

same with rx7's they look good every angle apart from the back

70NKY
Post #25

How can you say RX7's look shit rom behind.... dunno.gif

IPB Image

300ZX's are alright, you're unlucky if you drop a spanner in the engine bay...Say good bye to that bastard!

MYB16
Post #26

QUOTE(punksnut @ Jan 4 2007, 08:43 PM) [snapback]1280636199[/snapback]

i lol'd laugh.gif

I'm glad you enjoyed it punksnut..

Yes, well wouldn't you expect every car with 320kw@wheels to be super fast? Thats what about 420kw@fly??? Still any 206kw (factory claim) Twin Turbo 3ltr v6 is going to have a bit of go, even when its dead stock..

Also if I was going to buy a turbo Nissan from the mid 90's then I would def take one for a drive and sus it out..

Oh and just to let you know this is like the 5th 300zx thread in as many weeks thumbsup.gif

Eddzy
Post #27

QUOTE(57EAM @ Jan 4 2007, 06:47 PM) [snapback]1280635728[/snapback]

They are quick but not that quick. Much quicker in the sea where they belong..

Also directed at [Boof-88]

All this boat bullshit is the biggest load of bandwagon shit ever. If you ask 90% of the people who are calling these cars boats their response is 'no.' Soarers are not boats, 300s are not boats! Who has been in a soarer with coilovers? or even just with lowered springs? Hmmm they sit flat and stable around corners while being almost nimble. If 300s are boats then why are they so popular in the curcuit racing scene?

Fuck all this bandwagon shit that disses car simply based on a 'well they said' mentality. Before commenting on a car, make sure you actually have first hand experince with it.

Eddzy

MYB16
Post #28

^^Amen brother

LANCER_PEPS
Post #29

QUOTE(Basic @ Jan 4 2007, 10:25 PM) [snapback]1280636307[/snapback]

Didn't they come stock with twin exhausts? Either way he's laughing about your non-turbo car having 170 odd kw and having 'lag'. AFAIK they had 168kw at the fly from the factory.

I used to really doubt these cars, always thought they were a land boat until I met one in my R33 one night and fair enough I was only running stock boost at the time but that 300zx could move, in a straight line at least I've no idea how they handle but I can have a guess.

Yeah mate they came stock with twin exhausts but I removed those and put two shit cannons on them and it made it loose power which was weird.

They handle good, its the best handling car i've driven.

57EAM
Post #30

QUOTE(Eddzy @ Jan 5 2007, 06:39 AM) [snapback]1280636839[/snapback]

All this boat bullshit is the biggest load of bandwagon shit ever. If you ask 90% of the people who are calling these cars boats their response is 'no.' Soarers are not boats, 300s are not boats! Who has been in a soarer with coilovers? or even just with lowered springs? Hmmm they sit flat and stable around corners while being almost nimble. If 300s are boats then why are they so popular in the curcuit racing scene?

Fuck all this bandwagon shit that disses car simply based on a 'well they said' mentality. Before commenting on a car, make sure you actually have first hand experince with it.

Eddzy

I based my finding on real first hand experince thanks. Your superman.

DODelaney
Post #31

QUOTE(70NKY @ Jan 5 2007, 12:46 AM) [snapback]1280636733[/snapback]

How can you say RX7's look shit rom behind.... dunno.gif

IPB Image

300ZX's are alright, you're unlucky if you drop a spanner in the engine bay...Say good bye to that bastard!

nice ass 70NKY
id tap that aslong as u dont singe my leg hairs

Manic 180
Post #32

QUOTE(Ahmad @ Jan 4 2007, 08:54 PM) [snapback]1280636224[/snapback]

When i had mine i compared it to a 250kw clubsport and it won... (300zx+exhaust)

i lined up a 300tt once and won tongue.gif
i think i suprised its owner

QUOTE(Eddzy @ Jan 5 2007, 06:39 AM) [snapback]1280636839[/snapback]

Eddzy

ill stand up and say soarers are boats anyday of the week.

Rolla_ball
Post #33

QUOTE(Basic @ Jan 4 2007, 10:25 PM)

Yeah mate they came stock with twin exhausts but I removed those and put two shit cannons on them and it made it loose power which was weird.

They handle good, its the best handling car i've driven.

actually only the twin turbo came with twin exhaust, the NA just has a single, sorry just thought i would clear that up

oh and does said LAG continue untill it hits VTEC?

and about them being boats, well they weigh only just under 1500kg. now really a new commy only weighs about 50kg more.. does that make commodores boats too?

Manic 180
Post #34

QUOTE(Rolla_ball @ Jan 5 2007, 10:00 AM) [snapback]1280637163[/snapback]

does that make commodores boats too?

yes it does.

70NKY
Post #35

QUOTE(Rolla_ball @ Jan 5 2007, 10:00 AM) [snapback]1280637163[/snapback]

and about them being boats, well they weigh only just under 1500kg. now really a new commy only weighs about 50kg more.. does that make commodores boats too?

Yes yes it does tongue.gif

Damn you manic

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 5
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x