Page 1 of 3
Jump to page
GTS071
  • GTS071
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 47,095
Post #1 post 9th August 2006 - 07:01 PM
Hi all,

I am organising a cruise to raise money for the NBCF (National Breast Cancer Foundation)

There will be 2 seperate cruises, both head to Launceston. Starting from both Hobart and Burnie.

This will be on Saturday the 21st of October 2006.

The final destination will be next to Aurora Stadium (where USA day was)
The final destination has now been moved to the Inveresk Show Area (Where the ignition dvd stuff was)

I am trying to have the Rotarty club attend so food and drinks will be available.

if you have any questions please feel free to ask. I am still finalising meeting points in hobart and burnie, plus rest area in between.

This post has been edited by GTS071: Aug 13 2006, 10:37 PM
PANDA
Post #2

yeh might wander down to have a look when u guys get here and donate smile.gif.

heading is good lol

02hondaGRL
Post #3

how does it work? we donate to be a part of the cruise? or u hvae to have a certain kinda car to be part of it?

Mightymag
Post #4

IM IN FOR SURE ANY CAUSE FOR CANCER I'LL DO IT......

moe002
Post #5

Yeah im up for it thumbsup.gif

timmy_o
Post #6

I'm up for it as long as your not asking a high price per ride smile.gif

GTS071
Post #7

I was hoping for a donation of $10.00 per car.

If you can't afford the $10.00 & the cruise, feel free to just make a donation or jump in with someone else and donate more than the $10.00 as a group!!!

As this money is going to a charity all donation over $2.00 are tax deducible.

If you live in Launceston and don't wish to travel to Burnie or Hobart to be part of the cruise, you can just meet up with us along the way!
And if you live in Hobart or Burnie (or anywhere in between) and you cannot afford the time or fuel, feel free to come down and say hi!

Stops will be in Campbell Town and Devonport (depending which cruise you attend)

All cars are welcome! Don't care what it is or what it looks like!!!!

Nyssa
Post #8

Good idea to try and get this in the media afterward, so we can try and show there is a better side to car clubs/groups and car enthusiasts than just hooning which is all that seems to be seen.

ottoS13
Post #9

i'll do anything for breasts wink.gif

no seriously i'll be there smile.gif anything for a good cause

02hondaGRL
Post #10

$10. thats nothing. I'll be there. I'll put it in the time off book tonight 4 ya's.

KITTEN
Post #11

I'll be there! biggrin.gif

I'm really looking forward to this cruise - Chris has been putting in the hard yards for this one for months now, pretty much by himself - its gonna be a ripper smile.gif

GTS071
Post #12

QUOTE(Nyssa @ Aug 10 2006, 04:39 PM) [snapback]1280141869[/snapback]

Good idea to try and get this in the media afterward, so we can try and show there is a better side to car clubs/groups and car enthusiasts than just hooning which is all that seems to be seen.

Thats the plan. The NBCF should also have a speaker present to explain where the money is going and all of the work they do.

I'm just in the process of getting the TV & News Papers on board. Plus I have written up a letter for businesses to make donation.

If someone needs to know anything else, feel free to post up or PM me.

Cheers

Mightymag
Post #13

If anyone needs a lift drop me a PM Unless a magna not SO cool...or you always can walk...

Saki
Post #14

$10 is a very fair price! if i am not working, u will see me there!

*PrInCeSs*
Post #15

The bf and i should be there! Good cause! biggrin.gif

VTEC_YO
Post #16

Well waddya know I'm not working on the day, so I should be able to make it to a cruise for a change!
Anyone up for a elephant pass detour on the way back to Hobart biggrin.gif

fatass
Post #17

i be there for sure in one of me shitters

rx 0323
Post #18

not me. to much shit goin on between now and the end of the year.

timmy_o
Post #19

That's nothing... I'll try and at least get $10 per person in mine.. Good to see a cruise for a cause smile.gif

moe002
Post #20

Conformed, I have the day off thumbsup.gif

vrx
Post #21

count me in....anything for a good cause....anyone else going from burnie ???

KITTEN
Post #22

QUOTE(vrx @ Aug 16 2006, 10:28 PM) [snapback]1280159877[/snapback]

count me in....anything for a good cause....anyone else going from burnie ???

I hope so, seeing as the cruise starts from Burnie! biggrin.gif

GTS071
Post #23

Hi All, (I thought now is a good time for an update)

As most of you would be aware I am organising a Charity Car Cruise for the National Breast Cancer Foundation. We will be running 2 separate cruises, one departing from Hobart and the other departing from Burnie.

I will be asking for a $10.00 donation from all vehicles entering in this cruise. Please feel free to make a larger donation if you wish as it is all tax deducible if over $2.00

Here is the overview of the cruises
North/Northwest Cruise
8:30am - Meet at Burnie and fill out the application form
9:30am - Depart Burnie and head to Devonport
10:00am - Arrive at Devonport and meet with the Devonport crowd with a 1 hour break.
11:00am - Depart Devonport and head to Launceston.
12:00noon - Arrive at the Launceston Show Grounds. BBQ & Drink Facilities will be available through the Rotary Club.

South
8:30am - Meet at Hobart and fill out application form
9:30am - Departure Hobart and head to Campbell Town
10:45am - Arrive at Campbell Town for a 30min break
11:15am - Depart Campbell Town and head to Launceston
12:00noon - Arrive at Launceston Show Grounds. BBQ & Drink Facilities will be available through the Rotary Club.

I am waiting for official confirmation of car parks in Hobart, Campbell Town, Burnie and Devonport.

If you have any question please ask in THIS thread --> (or visit) http://forums.tascommodores.com/index.php?showtopic=3243

delazy
Post #24

great stuff champ! good to see someone is on the ball when it comes to organising rolleyes.gif thumbsup.gif

methodsbitch
Post #25

me and method will be there, my mummy died of breast cancer just over a mth ago.

GTS071
Post #26

I am sorry to hear that news.

I am glad to hear you will be attending this cruise to help raise money for this worthy cause.

methodsbitch
Post #27

thankyou.

moe002
Post #28

Ill be there for sure mate!!!

baxta
Post #29

im sorry but im going to miss this one ill be up in qld looking at breast's at indy! wish i was going to be here for it it is going to be huge!!!!!

timmy_o
Post #30

Still should be coming... Will put in for the day off soon smile.gif

GTS071
Post #31

This is now less that a month away.

Please let me know if you are going to attend smile.gif as I do need to know numbers.

rx 0323
Post #32

i mighta changed my mind. will see closer to the day

mystkl
Post #33

hopefully we will be there.
hopefully my car will be on the road (wont hold my breath though)

moe002
Post #34

Fark... I MAY have a family wedding to go to that day! BUT, its up in Launceston, so I might come to the meeting point and hand over some coinage biggrin.gif

I LOVE BOOST
Post #35

put me down mr GTS071, i'll bring the SkyRice out for some breast Supporting

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 3
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x