What About This Mtx Amp? - please help  

bennyboi
  • bennyboi
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 23,058
Post #1 post 10th December 2005 - 06:41 PM
hi i would like to know wot your thougts are on the following amp....and how much you think it would be worth..thanks

4-Channel RCA input/out

4 X 350 watts

Mosfet Power Supply

Brigdeable

Stereo bridgable out put

Output power (MAX): 1400watts

HPF / LPF / FULL / SUB / GAIN Controls

Frequency Response: 10Hz ~ 30KHz +/- 1dB

Input Sensitivity: <200mv

Signal ratio: 97dB

Speaker Impedance: Stereo: 2 - 16ohm; Bridge: 4 - 16 ohm

Dimension: (L x W x H): 320 X 240 X 55mm)

This post has been edited by bennyboi: Dec 10 2005, 09:57 PM
bennyboi
Post #2

can someone please please tell me?

Mr b16
Post #3

i dont have that amp, however i do have the model just below it, it works extremely well in my application and highly recommend mtx products

bennyboi
Post #4

it would have no problem running two 400-500W subs with great quality would it? and is it possible to also run 6 by 9s off it afta runnin the two subs or not...thanks

forbidden
Post #5

What....hahaha.... if those are 25 amp fuses then that amp is good for about 50w x 4 rms of power. You will have all sorts of issues trying to run big subs at full output and expect it to do it's job properly. What is the model# of the amp? Worth about $299.00 mind you I can not see it on the MTX website....where did you find this?

bennyboi
Post #6

yea i rekon its a bit of a dud, on ebay somewhere lol..... i checked up this one and this wud hav no problems runnin the 2 subs? how much is this worth....cos im buyin this from the shops...

bullion
Post #7

4x350watts....

Hahaha, is that a typo?

bennyboi
Post #8

nope thats the specs .....but im thinkin that whole amp package is a dud....so moving on to the 2nd one ...wot about that..wots it worth and wud it run 2 500W subs?

rbimdxe
Post #9

QUOTE(bennyboi @ Dec 12 2005, 06:22 PM)
nope thats the specs .....but im thinkin that whole amp package is a dud....so moving on to the 2nd one ...wot about that..wots it worth and wud it run 2 500W subs?
[right][snapback]5700286[/snapback][/right]

i think what your missing, is that your trying to figure out if the amp willw ork, based on max power...

find out the RMS outputs of the amp, and the RMS of the subs.... also, are you going to be running each sub off a seperate terminal, creating only 4ohms resistance, or are you going to be wiring them in parallel, creating 2ohm resistance? if the latter, you need to find out if the amp is 2ohm stable, bridged or stereo...

bennyboi
Post #10

thanks rbimdxe, yea im not too familier with all this but im going to be runnin the two subs in a duel box...so i imagine ..paralell....the specs on the roadthunder are

Specifications
RMS Power 14.4 VDC Input
Hi Level w/ Smart Engage
Low Level Input
Input select 2CH/4CH switch functions
as a built-in Y connector

Crossover(s)
Hi / Low @ 85Hz - Rear Defeatable
Hi Pass @ 85Hz - Front Defeatab
2 Ohm Load 75 w x 4
4 Ohm Load 37.5 w x 4
Bridged 4 Ohm Load 150 w x 2
Dynamic Power 14.4 VDC
2 Ohm Load 100 w x 4
4 Ohm Load 50 w x 4
Bridged 4 Ohm Load 200 w x 2
Dimensions (with ISO Feet)
11.5" x 9.75" x 2.1"
29.3cm x 24.8cm x 5.3cm

so based on that would i beable to get an indication of weather this can run two 400-500W (not sure which) kicker subs ? and how much is the amp itself worth?

Thanks for the help so far

benny

forbidden
Post #11

No it is not even close to being able to properly run two large subs. YOu are still looking at a 37.5w rms x 4 amplifier at the end of the day. It is worth less than $299.00. This is a tiny little amp that is best suited for front and rear speakers.

My bet is that original amplifier is a counterfeit model being produced in Singapore or the Phillipines and sold only on E-bay. Dude, go to a local shop so that you do not get burned.

rbimdxe
Post #12

if you have the cash, i suggest the Jaycar monoblock amp.. 399$, its one ohm stable..

@ 1 ohm it has 820watts rms
@ 2 ohm it has 700watts rms
@ 4 ohm it has 400watts rms

thats a whopping 700 watts rms if you wire the two subs in parallell....its got a laod of recommendation over on CarAudioAustralia, its a great budget monoblock...

forbidden
Post #13

Do you still have the link to that amp? I want to buy one and put it on display to show customers that counterfeiting really does happen. Yes I am serious as well.

bennyboi
Post #14

yea sure....sounds like a good idea as it is just a plain rip off....try searching ebay ? otherwise a link is...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

let me no wen u get the post running...found another amp from someone else now so its all good tongue.gif stuff that ebay shit lol

forbidden
Post #15

Now that I look closer at it, it is not a counterfeit item but a amp made to look like the MTX, it is actually a brand name that I have never heard of before, MiX if you look closely at it and how closely they made their name resemble the MTX logo. It is still flea market crap though, run away and hide from it.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x