Has Any1 Done A Vs V6 To A Rodeo  

rodeo custom
  • rodeo custom
  • Site Newbie
  • Member No.: 25,877
Post #1 post 17th August 2005 - 05:12 PM
has anyone here dumped a vs v6 into a rodeo. if anyone has can you post some info and how much you spent. as soon as i finish school in 3 months im going to do the conversion so any help is much appreciated. cheers
YGH05T
Post #2

you mean the ecotec 3.8L VS 6Cylinder engine into a Holden rodeo ute?
it has been done before, i dont have pics, but theres some mechanic place (i cant remember which issue of street commodores)
that do ^Cyl conversions, theres a rodeo with the 3.8L 6Cyl in it,
good luck with it

Post #3

Um why??

You can buy Rodeo's with v6's in them anyway!

Co8ra
Post #4

http://www.v6conversions.com.au
check it

NINJA
Post #5

^^^best spot to check out^^^

sickvncalais
Post #6

yeah what i don't get is why you'd wanna get a 94-98 ( i think) 3.8 an exchange for a 2005 3.5 i mean 300 ml differance ain't alot to start an i dare say the 3.5ltr would have more kw for a start an better fuel economy due to better techknowledgy

LOW_CAL
Post #7

why stick with a 6 why not dump a vn-vs 5 litre into one

theres a few getting around with them

rodeo custom
Post #8

do the vs v8's fit? if it does then the v8 it is
and its not an 05 model its a 1989 model single cab pickup that i got for $2000 but it needs a new engine. the v8 with a lsd in the rear would be good fun. does anyone know how much the entire conversion would cost though?

NINJA
Post #9

QUOTE(rodeo custom @ Aug 19 2005, 02:35 PM)
do the vs v8's fit? if it does then the v8 it is
and its not an 05 model its a 1989 model single cab pickup that i got for $2000 but it needs a new engine. the v8 with a lsd in the rear would be good fun. does anyone know how much the entire conversion would cost though?
[right][snapback]5294001[/snapback][/right]

Im not sure on how much it would cost, but it must fit pretty well cause there is a few gettig around with 5tlr engines in them, saw a few at summernats 16 actually

TwinCam16
Post #10

or do an sr20det conversion and shit on the 5l then

rodeo custom
Post #11

i dont want to run a turbo
i did but then the peterol price went to $1.20/l
now i want to get a big engine and run it on gas
that way i still have shitloads of power and gas for
42c/l works out heaps cheaper

TwinCam16
Post #12

do an sr20det, run it on gas, that way you dont pay the uber amounts of rego smile.gif

Post #13

QUOTE(TwinCam16 @ Aug 20 2005, 10:37 AM)
do an sr20det, run it on gas, that way you dont pay the uber amounts of rego smile.gif
[right][snapback]5295132[/snapback][/right]

Seconded

Turbo > V8

hi_lux
Post #14

you wont get a v8 reg'd in a rodeo in qld.

zorak
Post #15

you do know the 3.2 rodeo motors are a twin cam quad valve motor dont you and are detuned, which to me looks better than a pushrod 3.8L, not meaning to start a GM bashing arguement but really common sense prevails in this one.

only thing to do is get some different diff gears, standard rodeos are too high.

rodeo custom
Post #16

how do you re tune an engine is that along the lines of engine computer exhaust and air intake as well as throttle body or more along the lines of boring out and performance kitting out the internals?
and where can i get one of these 3.2's??

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x