Take It To The Track By The Heart Of Racing 26/05/12 - Lakeside Happy Laps  

The Heart Of Racing
  • The Heart Of Racing
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 241,403
Post #1 post 29th March 2012 - 09:09 PM
ALL SPOTS FILLED

All spots have been filled, no further payments will be accepted. If you have already paid for a ticket, please await a confirmation email later this week.

This post has been edited by The Heart Of Racing: May 21 2012, 05:40 PM

--------------------
Bug Boy
Post #2

Would totally do this if I had a car that wasn't shit lol

260DET
Post #3

It's only happy laps, if your car is fit to drive on the road then it is fit to do this. LOL at those who think that racing or high speeds are the go with this.

julio_vasquez
Post #4

QUOTE (260DET @ Mar 30 2012, 09:48 AM) *
It's only happy laps, if your car is fit to drive on the road then it is fit to do this. LOL at those who think that racing or high speeds are the go with this.

We have decided to put on these events to help encourage car enthusiasts to drive their car fast on the track and not on the street, and for experienced track goers to have a fun relaxing day & socialize with friends at the track.

Taken straight off your website...

The Heart Of Racing
Post #5

If you keep reading you will see

"This is not a racing event. If anyone is caught racing or driving in a manor deemed unsafe EVERYONE will be black flagged, so please behave. We would like you to keep your speed around 100k/h other than the front straight. Overtaking is only to be done on the front straight unless signalled by the car in front of you. To signal someone to pass you simply point out the window to indicate you wish to be overtaken. If you would like to overtake the car in front, flash your lights and wait for their signal. If someone is behind you all the way through the back of the track but you have 1000hp and pull away on the straight, they are the faster car so please let them overtake you. This is a great way for beginners to get a feel for the track before they take on a proper track day event. If you are interested in doing a proper timed event, please contact us."

Lakeside are comfortable with people doing speeds of around 160k/h on the main straight. Most cars on timed runs struggle to do more than 80k/h around some of the corners. You can have a lot of fun out there on a happy laps day without reaching your limit

260DET
Post #6

Yeh, happy laps are a good way to get a feel for Lakeside if you are thinking of doing flat out lap events there but you can take it easy too if you want to. My LOL is for those who make the excuse that their car is not good enough, if it is not good enough for this then it should not be on the road at all.

The Heart Of Racing
Post #7

This man knows ^^

tyrfry95
Post #8

wahoo booked in as.. my first track day @ lakeside cant wait!!!

The Heart Of Racing
Post #9

still plenty of spaces still available. Last time it filled up very quickly in the last two weeks and had to turn people away so dont leave it too late!

wolfman101
Post #10

QUOTE (The Heart Of Racing @ Mar 30 2012, 12:55 PM) *
If you keep reading you will see

"This is not a racing event. If anyone is caught racing or driving in a manor deemed unsafe EVERYONE will be black flagged, so please behave. We would like you to keep your speed around 100k/h other than the front straight. Overtaking is only to be done on the front straight unless signalled by the car in front of you. To signal someone to pass you simply point out the window to indicate you wish to be overtaken. If you would like to overtake the car in front, flash your lights and wait for their signal. If someone is behind you all the way through the back of the track but you have 1000hp and pull away on the straight, they are the faster car so please let them overtake you. This is a great way for beginners to get a feel for the track before they take on a proper track day event. If you are interested in doing a proper timed event, please contact us."

Lakeside are comfortable with people doing speeds of around 160k/h on the main straight. Most cars on timed runs struggle to do more than 80k/h around some of the corners. You can have a lot of fun out there on a happy laps day without reaching your limit

I'm inclined to think that any driving in a manor would be unsafe.

That said, I may well be in. I must check the calender.

The Heart Of Racing
Post #11

We are there to have fun, but safety comes first.
Hope to see you at the track wolfman

quarkz
Post #12

He's having a dig at you guys misspelling 'manner'

The Heart Of Racing
Post #13

oh right, lol. cheers for that

wolfman101
Post #14

Sorry, I love semantics.
Or some antics, if you prefer.

That's a really good price though-about what I pay to do the SAU happylaps events.

The Heart Of Racing
Post #15

Next time should be a bit cheaper too so look forward to the savings smile.gif

The Heart Of Racing
Post #16

Vacancy 50% filled

RB25_lovin
Post #17

im confused so we cant race on a racetrack??

on_boost
Post #18

12 spots left...

PyrotiX
Post #19

QUOTE (on_boost @ Apr 28 2012, 10:25 PM) *
12 spots left...

Why do you have multiple (dual) accounts?

on_boost
Post #20

Still using this one because I have a few items for sale and the other account is a shared account, sorry for the confusion

The Heart Of Racing
Post #21

9 places left, only 3 weeks to get your payment in!

Quite a variety of cars, FWD, RWD, Turbo, V8 etc. Should be another great day smile.gif

PWND
Post #22

hopefully I will have my car ready soonish to book a spot

TTS
Post #23

QUOTE (RB25_lovin @ Apr 21 2012, 12:10 PM) *
im confused so we cant race on a racetrack??

Didn't read the previous posts did you?

skitta
Post #24

unless you have done track days at lakeside before this event will more then be fast enough for you. As for the 160km along the front straight try more like 180 to 200km. Quite amusing watching first timers in there 1000hp skylines hitting the brakes through the kink then having no idea of lines through the corner.

TwinCam16
Post #25

QUOTE (skitta @ May 6 2012, 07:36 PM) *
unless you have done track days at lakeside before this event will more then be fast enough for you. As for the 160km along the front straight try more like 180 to 200km. Quite amusing watching first timers in there 1000hp skylines hitting the brakes through the kink then having no idea of lines through the corner.

Very true.

260DET
Post #26

Going through the kink at over 200kph* is quite an adventure in a road type car, yeh, get the line right or..........

* a real 200kph, not a guess smile.gif

skitta
Post #27

its all about not lifting off

The Heart Of Racing
Post #28

Only 1 week left to get your payment in, and only 8 spots left!

tyrfry95
Post #29

so is this still a go? anyone else coming along?

The Heart Of Racing
Post #30

Only 4 spots left!

Blink 182
Post #31

Any spots left? Also do you need to have any protective gear with you (helmet ect.)

The Heart Of Racing
Post #32

Yes still a couple spots free is anyone wants them. Lakeside haven't called me to confirm numbers yet so I'll leave the entries open for now

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x