Hsv Maloo E3 Series  

Page 1 of 2
Jump to page
gts666
  • gts666
  • Site Newbie
  • Member No.: 241,134
Post #1 post 27th February 2012 - 05:15 AM
whats the cheapest and best site on the net to buy a e3 series maloo body kit from?
alex338
Post #2

it will look shit on your Omega/SV6/SS - even if you buy genuine, buy genuine wheels, genuine headlights - you will look like a poser because itll never be agenuine maloo so dont do it

just dont do it

helrzr925
Post #3

I don't think anyone actually makes aftermarket E3 pieces as of yet.
Genuine is really the only option, but be warned it will be very expensive.

stockmy00
Post #4

I wouldn't do that if I were you..

gts666
Post #5

yeah thanks mate but i want it so its p plate legal but still have all the cosmetic crap of a maloo otherwise i would just buy a maloo. but i just was wondering if there was a cheaper option than genuine thats all

Dai.
Post #6

Why bother?..At the end of the day its still going to be some heavy boat.

Nikked
Post #7

QUOTE (Dai. @ Feb 28 2012, 07:18 PM) *
Why bother?..At the end of the day its still going to be some heavy boat.

Because he is a p-plater who wants something the looks like a HSV that he can drive?

Imagine if HSV did make N/A 6's.... unsure.gif

Rancher
Post #8

QUOTE (Nikked @ Feb 28 2012, 06:26 PM) *
Because he is a p-plater who wants something the looks like a HSV that he can drive?

Imagine if HSV did make N/A 6's.... unsure.gif

They did.. HSV VN, and HSV VP. Both V6's, as well as the 8.

mark1414
Post #9

QUOTE (Rancher @ Feb 28 2012, 06:56 PM) *

Wasn't their an astra thing too? SV1800? P plate legal y0 thumbsup.gif

Rancher
Post #10

QUOTE (mark1414 @ Feb 28 2012, 07:03 PM) *
Wasn't their an astra thing too? SV1800? P plate legal y0 thumbsup.gif

There was also indeed a HSV SV1800 Astra. Was pretty shit though..

mark1414
Post #11

QUOTE (Rancher @ Feb 28 2012, 07:05 PM) *
There was also indeed a HSV SV1800 Astra. Was pretty shit though...

Nikked
Post #12

QUOTE (Rancher @ Feb 28 2012, 07:56 PM) *

oh yeah,SV3800 or whatever...

Wraith
Post #13

Don't forget HSV Jackaroo tongue.gif

zed32
Post #14

QUOTE (alex338 @ Feb 27 2012, 11:49 PM) *
it will look shit on your Omega/SV6/SS - even if you buy genuine, buy genuine wheels, genuine headlights - you will look like a poser because itll never be agenuine maloo so dont do it

just don't do it

you do realize a hsv is just a holden with parts bolted on to justify the price dont you .

There is a ss around here with the hsv front and it looks atleast as good as a real maloo i think the maloo back is a bit over the top
i looked up the cost a while ago the side skirts and rear bar are cheap in fiberglass ( pretty sure these are the same as series one) but genuine ones pop up on ebay a bit , bonnets are 1000 new + trims , front bar covers are 2000 new + the lights and plastic trims and yes holden will sell one to anyone who has the money . hard covers id just get the standard ss one so you dont have to buy all the other plastic trims or to be practical one of the low ones to get some rear visibility. Put some 22s on it slam it and it will look tough but it ends up costing a fair bit .

BAM!
Post #15

Don't forget the HSV VXR. It was the last version of the Astra, but I believe with a turbo strapped on. Imported Vauxhall VXR basically. Actually went alright from most reports, and didn't look half bad. Torque steered like a bitch though.

alex338
Post #16

QUOTE (zed32 @ Feb 28 2012, 08:48 PM) *
you do realize a hsv is just a holden with parts bolted on to justify the price dont you .

There is a ss around here with the hsv front and it looks atleast as good as a real maloo i think the maloo back is a bit over the top
i looked up the cost a while ago the side skirts and rear bar are cheap in fiberglass ( pretty sure these are the same as series one) but genuine ones pop up on ebay a bit , bonnets are 1000 new + trims , front bar covers are 2000 new + the lights and plastic trims and yes holden will sell one to anyone who has the money . hard covers id just get the standard ss one so you dont have to buy all the other plastic trims or to be practical one of the low ones to get some rear visibility. Put some 22s on it slam it and it will look tough but it ends up costing a fair bit .

obviously - but they are alot of parts, and as a package - they make it a 'different' car

Rancher
Post #17

Its not just a Holden with parts bolted on at all. Its a different car. HSV have rights to use the chassis and body and other little pieces. The rest is put in by HSV. HSV aren't your JDM fan bois with JDM wheels and some stickers..

clutch-monkey
Post #18

There is a ss around here with the hsv front and it looks atleast as good as a real maloo

that's a worry since the SS from factory looks way better than any maloo unsure.gif

zed32
Post #19

QUOTE (Rancher @ Feb 29 2012, 05:51 AM) *
Its not just a Holden with parts bolted on at all. Its a different car. HSV have rights to use the chassis and body and other little pieces. The rest is put in by HSV. HSV aren't your JDM fan bois with JDM wheels and some stickers..

its just a high spec commodore its almost all normal commodore , theres nothing wrong with that but why do people try and pretend its all different and if some one is only interested in the looks side of it it only makes sense to just put the body kit on.

stockmy00
Post #20

QUOTE (zed32 @ Feb 29 2012, 09:50 AM) *
its just a high spec commodore its almost all normal commodore , theres nothing wrong with that but why do people try and pretend its all different and if some one is only interested in the looks side of it it only makes sense to just put the body kit on.

Facepalm.jpg

Go and read up on it.. I think you will find these days hsv's have thousands of dollars worth of upgraded parts inside them. It's not just bodykits and a tune up.

alex338
Post #21

ive only seen one wanker (on the internet) make his SS into a clubsport

he bought

Genuine:
- wheels
- headlights
- interior
- suspenion
- engine + gearbox + diff
- bodykit + those LED tail lights
- dash

etc etc

and then at the end of the thread he was like "yeah it probably cost about $100,000 to do it this way but oh well theres still no real difference"

seeing as a new GTS/maloo is like 80 + options and he will NEVER be able to sell it as a HSV.. its always goign to be an SS with HSV shit in it - there is just no point

zed32
Post #22

QUOTE (stockmy00 @ Feb 29 2012, 11:04 AM) *
Facepalm.jpg

Go and read up on it.. I think you will find these days hsv's have thousands of dollars worth of upgraded parts inside them. It's not just bodykits and a tune up.

i know whats in them its the same as any other top badge car in any brand like a ford focus rs compared to a normal focus or a wrx sti compared to a impresa even a vrx lancer has quite a few small changes through it yet ive never heard " your done up lancer will never be a real vrx "
Im actually a ve ute fan i currently have a sv6 when i get around to it ill get either a ss or a maloo because these utes fit what i want the best of whats available but lets be honest for what they cost they arnt a very well made car and a maloo is just a done up omega .

gts666
Post #23

hey mate just wondering what website or where you got those prices for all stuff from or where they just guesses cause i want to look into it further

zed32
Post #24

QUOTE (gts666 @ Feb 29 2012, 05:06 PM) *
hey mate just wondering what website or where you got those prices for all stuff from or where they just guesses cause i want to look into it further

front bar is from holden just call them they ask for the vin but just get it off the next maloo you see its under the windsreen near the wiper , there is a site called homart you can get the bonnet and some other things from them . i think the other stuff was just from ebay , theres a guy on ebay that wrecks alot of ve utes he might have some of it too

BAM!
Post #25

You do realise, that in the HSV range, they use an entirely different engine/s than those used in the SS's etc? IIRC VE E3's run the LS3, whilst your average SS runs an L97 or something similar... 2 different engines, many different tunes, many different parts. Add in the upspecced brakes done by IIRC Wilwood or someone similar. Stainless exhaust system from factory as well as far as I'm aware. Better suspension package.

If you want to continue with your train of thought, I could say much the same about the JDM fanbois beloved GTR being nothing more than an upspecced GT-T...

stockmy00
Post #26

QUOTE (kittyggirl @ Feb 29 2012, 06:33 PM) *
Genuine is really the only option, but be warned it will be very expensive.

Lol ur my favourite bot

zed32
Post #27

QUOTE (BAM! @ Feb 29 2012, 06:32 PM) *
You do realise, that in the HSV range, they use an entirely different engine/s than those used in the SS's etc? IIRC VE E3's run the LS3, whilst your average SS runs an L97 or something similar... 2 different engines, many different tunes, many different parts. Add in the upspecced brakes done by IIRC Wilwood or someone similar. Stainless exhaust system from factory as well as far as I'm aware. Better suspension package.

If you want to continue with your train of thought, I could say much the same about the JDM fanbois beloved GTR being nothing more than an upspecced GT-T...

i know the hsv engine is different it actually costs a whole $1000 more to buy than the ss engine and yeah well a 32-34 gtr really is just a upspeced skyline the 35 though is not at all a skyline dont know that is shares anything with a skyline .im not biased i dont like 35 gtrs and i do like maloos probably what ill get next or maybe just a ss im not sure yet . Im not saying theres no differences just that the differences are just the same as what other makers have in the same range under the same model name .

uglystik
Post #28

QUOTE (zed32 @ Feb 29 2012, 09:50 AM) *

different trim different saftey features different brakes different susspension different kits different exhaust different diff gears different shifter different engine tune different rims different stereo different steering wheel...
umm yeah i would say its all normal commodore

bloodzkull
Post #29

QUOTE (uglystik @ Mar 1 2012, 08:44 AM) *
different trim different saftey features different brakes different susspension different kits different exhaust different diff gears different shifter different engine tune different rims different stereo different steering wheel...
umm yeah i would say its all normal commodore

still a commodore

if i was to buy a skyline, change the wheels, suspension, brakes, exhaust, engine and rims etc it would still be a skyline....

mark1414
Post #30

QUOTE (bloodzkull @ Mar 1 2012, 09:43 AM) *
still a commodore

if i was to buy a skyline, change the wheels, suspension, brakes, exhaust, engine and rims etc it would still be a skyline....

Got to write "different" in front of everything so you list looks twice as long.

yoshimitsu9
Post #31

cant beleive this hasnt been mentioned yet.

is installing a maloo kit really worth being pulled over all the time by the police?

bloodzkull
Post #32

QUOTE (mark1414 @ Mar 1 2012, 02:40 PM) *
Got to write "different" in front of everything so you list looks twice as long.

dammit, rookie error

jo88
Post #33

burn it. p.o.s

david6509
Post #34

Just put a camaro front end on it oopsie.gif

jared1991
Post #35

QUOTE (david6509 @ Mar 2 2012, 01:19 PM) *
Just put a camaro front end on it oopsie.gif

that this is disgusting!

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 2
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x