Redbank Plains, Springfield Lakes, Brookwater ? - Anyone live there ??  

Page 1 of 2
Jump to page
Distinctive.Detail
  • Distinctive.Detail
  • Mobile Detailer
  • Contributing Member!
  • Member No.: 205,729
Post #1 post 22nd December 2011 - 11:35 PM
I'm Gold Coast born and lived here forever.

Looking at moving away, to escape the hecktic bullshit hustle & bustle of the snooty GC

Partner is pregnant, want somewhere to start a family and I don't want to raise my child on the coast.

I've been looking on realeastate.com at Redbank Plains, Brookwater & Springfield Lakes.

Does anyone live there or know about the area. Real estate people will tell you anything to suck a dollar from your pocket...

Are these respectable suburbs? Is it safe for a young family... Will some wanker steal my shoes from the front door?

This post has been edited by Distinctive.Detail: Dec 22 2011, 11:36 PM
trev084
Post #2

Live in Redbank Plains, grew up around the area, apart from what people on here say I think it is a fairly good lifestyle area.

Distinctive.Detail
Post #3

Cheers mate, doesn't look that bad to me.
That's why I asked smile.gif

Locals know everything !!!

xxxxgold
Post #4

I know quite a few people in the Brookwater/Augustine Heights area and without exception they all love it. Redbank Plains and to a lesser extent Springfield Lakes have slightly tainted reputations but from my experience they seem perfectly fine.

Distinctive.Detail
Post #5

Thanks mate.

Actually looked a house last week in Augustine Heights.
I forgot to mention that one.

It was the pick of all the surrounding. But yet to hear back from the offer we put forward.

Being from Gold Coast I don't hear too many stories about Brisbane suburbs.. Except Woodbridge, Kingston & Logan.

gutless
Post #6

Had a mate that lived in Springfield Lakes. Seems a pretty decent area.

Distinctive.Detail
Post #7

Woodridge*

phatrides
Post #8

if you want quiet, greenbank lived there my whole life basically. its a bit out the way of everything but its worth the quietness, some areas are bad but yeah. i lived at the end of thompson rd probably most quiet in greenbank. just moved to hervey bay, and its a laxy dazy town and it seems pretty crazy haha ( used to acreage not touching next doors window out of mine )..

but yeh just a thought...

Distinctive.Detail
Post #9

Cheers, I actually didn't think of that...

Greenbank isn't that bad, I have family out there.

phatrides
Post #10

yeah i liked it, not many dickheads out there smile.gif

Distinctive.Detail
Post #11

Sounds good, I'm surround by them on the coast.

Looking forward to leaving.

86skylinegxe
Post #12

I live in Redbank I would probably stick to Augustine Heights, Brookwater. There is a new primary school in that area (augustine state primary) so if you're still around when your kid goes to school it will only be about 8-10years old. Same as living on the Gold Coast make sure you have an alarm in your car after 15 cars being broken into in my set of units (over 7 years) everyone here has an alarm and since then no problems.

Distinctive.Detail
Post #13

Shit that's heavy. Amazing how many people have their car stolen...

I have a 2007 SV6 and it's always garaged... Not sure if my stock family car would attract a car theif ?
But you never know...

Are you in Redbank or Redbank Plains...?

Or are they practically the same place....

Distinctive.Detail
Post #14

ps not being a stuck up prick.

Just don't want to live near drug raids, bogans or kiwis with 18kids strapped to a vn with a massive fern sticker "bro"

Pacific Pines on the gold coast looks just like these suburbs but if you look closely its breeding a new underbelly series...
The amount of illegal & morally incorrect shit that goes down in Pac Pines is unbelievable.
And that cop was shot in the face earlier in the year at pac pines... It's fucked... But it looks good from a distance...

mark1414
Post #15

Didn't you post in the Gold Coast thread like yesterday saying how great it was? Bit changed overnight it would seem.

OT: The biggest question would be where you will be working, I would not live in Ipswich if I worked in Brisbane after seeing the Ipswich motorway carpark on a daily basis. If employment doesn't come into I would look at Greenbank like said, I have always thought it was a nice area. Springfield lakes also doesn't seem too bad from what I have seen if you don't want a large property.

phi-tec
Post #16

well i lived in kingston for over 15 years with my parents, with only 2 break ins. moved to goodna with the missues, within 2 weeks my shoes got stolen.. they were nice nike dunks.. but were 4 years old oO no issues so far other then that, would assume springfield would be fairly respectable? considering the houses there cost alot more? exxy houses = less bogans??

cameron92
Post #17

QUOTE (xxxxgold @ Dec 22 2011, 11:52 PM) *
I know quite a few people in the Brookwater/Augustine Heights area and without exception they all love it. Redbank Plains and to a lesser extent Springfield Lakes have slightly tainted reputations but from my experience they seem perfectly fine.

what are the reputations you ahve heard about springfield and springfield lakes?

OT: i live in springfield. have for the past 11 years and its pretty chill. if you're going to have young children i recokn it would be great, they'll have plenty of children as most kids in the area know each other so never a shortage of friends smile.gif

phatrides
Post #18

thats trueeeee

1%ER
Post #19

QUOTE (mark1414 @ Dec 23 2011, 02:49 AM) *
Didn't you post in the Gold Coast thread like yesterday saying how great it was? Bit changed overnight it would seem.

haha, no i was defending my suburb lol.

86skylinegxe
Post #20

QUOTE (Distinctive.Detail @ Dec 23 2011, 01:18 AM) *
Shit that's heavy. Amazing how many people have their car stolen...

I have a 2007 SV6 and it's always garaged... Not sure if my stock family car would attract a car theif ?
But you never know...

Are you in Redbank or Redbank Plains...?

Or are they practically the same place....

I am in Redbank Plains but I am also on the main road... the cars were never stolen just broken into they would take things like loose change from the ashtray or smokes... the worst one we had they took the headunit and a standard nissan 5 speed shift knob as well as a refidex most of the time they are just bored. we haven't had any problem since we put alarms in and one of our cars doesn't even have an alarm just has a flashing light on the dash.

As for the drug raids - never really heard anything in this area most of the stuff on the scanner is in Ipswich itself. Bogans are around but most of them are harmless. kiwis there are alot but most of the kiwis around the area are champs we have alot of friends that are Samoan,kiwis etc,

Most of the people I deliver to in Fernbrooke Estate, Brookwater, Augustine Heights, etc, are nice mainly family type and you get a decent community feel.

1%ER
Post #21

True exxy prices push out the bogans.

Springfield Lakes seems like a decent little community. I like it.. and the surrounding suburbs as mentioned seem nice.

Cheers for the feedback.

I was half expecting to read messed up stories of bogan gang rape and homebrothals... glad it went the total opposite way.

biggrin.gif

mark1414
Post #22

QUOTE (1%ER @ Dec 23 2011, 02:54 AM) *
haha, no i was defending my suburb lol.

Well hello Distinctive Detailing dual. thumbsup.gif

1%ER
Post #23

QUOTE (86skylinegxe @ Dec 23 2011, 03:55 AM) *
Fernbrooke Estate, Brookwater, Augustine Heights, etc, are nice mainly family type and you get a decent community feel.

Sweet thats what Im looking for.

& spewwin the break in for pointless crap left in the car... Id prefer the whole car went... then claim it and get a new one...

1%ER
Post #24

QUOTE (mark1414 @ Dec 23 2011, 04:01 AM) *
Well hello Distinctive Detailing dual. thumbsup.gif

huh?

1%ER
Post #25

ohhh, brother-in-law has logged in on my iMac.

LOL

Distinctive.Detail
Post #26

LOL I was so confused for a second then...

davieb_16
Post #27

Brookwater is nice but your paying for the name and considering its still ipswich is way overpriced. Everybody i know that lives in springfield lakes has had their house broken into. Augustine heights would be the pick out of all them. Avoid ipswich all together though if possible.

mickavhell
Post #28

i know what you mean about the snooty people on the GC mate (if you dont have fake tits and or on steroids then you wont fit in lol ) im born bread here too and get over it at times , but i recon it would be a little bit better then out bum fuck idaho.

Desu
Post #29

We were looking at Augustine Heights when we moved and it looks like a good area. Didn't end up moving there though.

Desu
Post #30

QUOTE (davieb_16 @ Dec 23 2011, 07:33 AM) *
Brookwater is nice but your paying for the name and considering its still ipswich is way overpriced. Everybody i know that lives in springfield lakes has had their house broken into. Augustine heights would be the pick out of all them. Avoid ipswich all together though if possible.

I don't agree with this. 12 months ago I'd have been saying the same thing, but I live in Ipswich now and I find it safer than most places. 10 years ago, probably not so much.

Gagginforit
Post #31

I have two friends that live in brookwater, you'll be up for big bucks if you want to live where they do. We were there for halloween, the kids were collecting their treats in golf carts LOL, but if you love golf its the place to me. 1m plus for houses though. For example.....

8 bedrooms, 2 kitchens 4 toilets, decent block, triple car garage , top quality inclusions, overlooks/backs onto the golfcourse, fucking awesome deck/bar and a free golf buggy and set of clubs!!!!!!!!!!!!. They paid just over 1m.

Other friends paid just over 700k, they didnt get as much.

I'd go as far to say its the nicest street in ipswich city council.

Gagginforit
Post #32

QUOTE (mickavhell @ Dec 23 2011, 07:54 AM) *
i know what you mean about the snooty people on the GC mate (if you dont have fake tits and or on steroids then you wont fit in lol ) im born bread here too and get over it at times , but i recon it would be a little bit better then out bum fuck idaho.

I holliday most years at currumbin, i see no problem down there dunno.gif

Distinctive.Detail
Post #33

QUOTE (Gagginforit @ Dec 23 2011, 08:05 AM) *
I holliday most years at currumbin, i see no problem down there dunno.gif

Currumbin is not that bad, but parts of it are.
Being a tourist your not exactly living next to people or seeing the same people at the shops after work...

And yes I've seen the over inflated prices of Augustine & Brookwater.
I guess your paying for the family orientated small community feel..

Springfield Lakes seems like a cheaper option.. But I don't know if it has the same feel.

Good to hear from people in the area tho, as much as I tried to convince the realeastate woman to be honest with me her answers felt very rehearsed and she is just aiming for commission over honesty.

Souppy
Post #34

Camira is also around the corner from springfield, they have some really nice places with big land for suburbia. would say it's less family orientated then the other areas though

B Unit
Post #35

QUOTE (davieb_16 @ Dec 23 2011, 07:33 AM) *

When they first developed Springfield, every house was broken into within the first few months. Build a suburb marketed for your average working couple/family close to not so good suburbs with high crime rate and shitbags, you are just giving them a new and easy option. The same thing happened with Forest Lake (Inala with a pond). These days it has settled down a bit, but it's still happening. I'm seeing alot of similar stories now in Ormeau, friends who built there can't wait til their house sells and move away from the regular break-ins.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 2
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x