Baby Blue Vl Wit Da Bling Bling Mags  

Page 3 of 3
Jump to page
ITSSWAR
Post #71

QUOTE(RedGLI @ Jun 14 2005, 10:30 PM)
the stock v8 has the 304 crank and 2 bolt mains
the group A has a 355 harip crank and 4 bolt mains

the heads r the same so the only differents is the group A twin throttle bodies but he has a set of C.O.M.E.(is that how it goes adam) racing ones here now
[right][snapback]5166197[/snapback][/right]

The Group A engine is not a 355, It also had Roller Rockers there was two Group A manifolds , VL and VN slightly different because of the bonnet for the VN. I know that because of Group A regulations at the time for weight and engine size it could not be more than 5L hence 304 not a 308 which is just over 5L. The rules also said no mods to exhaust untill after the first join from the extractors also why the VL walkinshaw had a join only one inch from the Heads.
Phils Blue VL is a very nice car but Im pretty sure from when I looked at the sump last time its not a 355. But whow knows we could be wrong. Normally with a new crank and more powerful motor putting out more power a upgraded sump is used other wise the owner was lazy and budget.

trevor_the_grey
Post #72

i heards it was uspposed to be 355, but wasnt, but he got it fixed????

RedGLI
Post #73

u might have been told it had 300kwatw but i can show u the book at it had 320 at the motor

RedGLI
Post #74

i am talking vn not vl

vh-holden
Post #75

QUOTE(RedGLI @ Jun 16 2005, 07:46 PM)
u might have been told it had 300kwatw but i can show u the book at it had 320 at the motor
[right][snapback]5169904[/snapback][/right]

what book?

RedGLI
Post #76

the book it was 4 sale in

OVL666
Post #77

ok to clear a few things up i sold mine for $23,000 not $16,000.why would i sell mine for a loss of $10,000 when it was all brand new.

i sold the car for $20,000 and sold the fr 19's for $3200.

no more little golden book stories.

My motor was GENUINE WALKY TWIN THROTTLE BODYS,WALKY HEADS WITH ROLLER ROCKERS,BOTTOM END WAS JUST A PLAIN 304 FULLY BALANCED AND BLUEPRINTED 30 THOU OVER FLAT TOPS.

THE GUY WHO BOUGHT IT OFF ME HAS A STA supercharger going on it atm and the car now lives in goulburn.

THOUGHT ID POST JUST TO CLARIFY A FEW STORIES.my car cost me $26,000 to build from the ground up.

thanks for the mention was a great car and everything was brand new and was not only a weekend driver it was used to take my daughter to school everyday and to do the shopping not just a weekend car.did 20,000 klms in the yr it was on the road with the walky motor going in when i sold the inj 5.0l

Salad Fingers
Post #78

QUOTE(OVL666 @ Jun 17 2005, 08:33 AM)
...i sold mine for $23,000
...my car cost me $26,000 to build from the ground up.
[right][snapback]5170406[/snapback][/right]

Wow, your so lucky you only lost $3,000... Usually its alot more...

VLCT WALKY
Post #79

QUOTE(RedGLI @ Jun 16 2005, 11:43 PM)
[right][snapback]5170272[/snapback][/right]

well if it had 320 kw at the fly then he should have around 250 at the wheels which makes it a good 12 second car if not high 11's

now that he got slapped buy a 13 second rex, things just don't add up smile.gif

vh-holden
Post #80

QUOTE(RedGLI @ Jun 16 2005, 11:43 PM)
[right][snapback]5170272[/snapback][/right]

and what book would that be?

i have heaps of books, so does the library. just a small hint to narrow it down a little so i can have a look and then i can stop relying on the internet rumour game.

trevor_the_grey
Post #81

and what does this have to do with phils vl?

sorry, im well lost...

RedGLI
Post #82

the article said it had that much he knows it doesnt have 250 at the wheels just clearing up the bull shit talk about my mates car

supertiva
Post #83

locky locky lockd.gif

HYPOV6
Post #84

he got beaten by the rex because the rex gets an amazing launch on phills car. When they raced on a rolling start phill beat that certain rex.

The biggest problem with phill's car is getting traction! .... but he doesnt seem to listen to me on that one.

RedGLI
Post #85

225 dont give him much traction

vh-holden
Post #86

QUOTE(RedGLI @ Jun 19 2005, 12:05 PM)
225 dont give him much traction
[right][snapback]5173684[/snapback][/right]

i know of a few commodores with more than that at the wheels that have no problems.

HYPOV6
Post #87

phill has worn 225 tyres on the back with shit house rear suspension that = really bad traction .... all the newer commodores are much better of the line because of the irs and so on

Salad Fingers
Post #88

IRS doesn't give better traction in a straight line...

225mm wide tyres should really be upgraded.. to like maybe 265s... smile.gif

The fact that they're so low profile and have no sidewall wont help matters either..

Thumpin' 8
Post #89

I'm with you Adam, I know these few cars you talk about and there is no problem with traction on the road. There is if you are a shit driver and just decide to dump the clutch!!

Where did this supposed race with the rex happen? If it was on the road, then there should have been absolutely no trouble with traction. It's amazing how gripped up that surface can be. Hidden Valley can be a different story. But from what was said before about racing from a rolling start I don't think it was the track.

So basing it on these statements that are on this thread, I seriously doubt traction was a problem. Or did they race to the speed limit? That can come up so quick that of course the rex is gonna get there first.

This could be all sorted out one way. Tell him to leave TDZ, spend $40 and get down to the track to show darwin whether this hype or no hype is worth it. Even playing field for all, printed results. Simple.

HYPOV6
Post #90

irs does help traction in a straight line .... dont u notice how a car with irs the back dips down a lot more at the launch .... with a solid axle diff it doesnt have that and there for the rear tyres light up a lot more ...

irs has more giveway before it lights up the rear tyres

supertiva
Post #91

u missed the point... stop street racing and take it to the track

HYPOV6
Post #92

im not trying to say otherwise paul

supertiva
Post #93

blink.gif

Salad Fingers
Post #94

QUOTE(HYPOV6 @ Jun 19 2005, 01:51 PM)
irs does help traction in a straight line .... dont u notice how a car with irs the back dips down a lot more at the launch .... with a solid axle diff it doesnt have that and there for the rear tyres light up a lot more ...

irs has more giveway before it lights up the rear tyres
[right][snapback]5173809[/snapback][/right]

No, i'm sorry, it does not work like that at all.

The amount of 'dip' the rear end goes through is all to do with springs and shock absorber rates.
You can achieve exactly the same thing with either live or IRS.

IRS has inherant camber control issues with the amount of travel you need for a decent drag launch.

supertiva
Post #95

QUOTE(Salad Fingers @ Jun 19 2005, 02:14 PM)
IRS has inherant camber control issues with the amount of travel you need for a decent drag launch.
[right][snapback]5173850[/snapback][/right]

blink.gif

Thumpin' 8
Post #96

QUOTE(supertiva @ Jun 19 2005, 01:56 PM)
stop street racing and take it to the track
[right][snapback]5173818[/snapback][/right]

That's right, no myths about anything there.

QUOTE(Salad Fingers @ Jun 19 2005, 02:14 PM)
[right][snapback]5173850[/snapback][/right]

Maybe I should get that camber kit fitted to bring the rear's upright more?? Might imrove some grip at the track!!

RedGLI
Post #97

when i said 225 i ment tires

RedGLI
Post #98

As the car is not for sale anymore this thread is pointless now

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 3 of 3
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x