80mm Throttle Body Tps Install? - Help!  

boostd_civic
  • boostd_civic
  • Regular User
  • Member No.: 141,511
Post #1 post 31st May 2011 - 10:38 PM
Hello all,
I am in the process of putting a greddy style plenum on my 95 r33 skyline, all was going well until I wondered what the he'll am i going to do with the throttle positioning sensor (TPS)?I am also fitting a top rpm 80mm throttle body
I have removed the TPS from the stock throttle body but what do I do in regards to installing it on the new throttle body? Has anyone on here done it? And is there a trick to doing it? Any TPS calibration needed? Any help would be great biggrin.gif
02GZM
Post #2

Is it a single potentiometer style TPS? If so you're going to need to backprobe the pins with a multimeter. While the engine is off but the ignition is on, use your hand to operate the throttle. One wire will increase with voltage as the throttle is opened. I'm pretty sure for a Skyline, at WOT the voltage on this wire should be set to 4V. Twist the TPS until it's at 4V (at WOT) and then tighten the screws. Closed throttle should then show at around 0.45 to 0.5V (depending on the car).

boostd_civic
Post #3

Thanks for the reply mate, I am more just after the installation of the sensor to the new TB? I can then do the calibration after.

02GZM
Post #4

It'll just slot onto the rod running through the butterfly plate. Then it should just be 2 screws to connect it to the TB housing. Which you also use for calibration.

boostd_civic
Post #5

i think i figured it out, its not a direct bolt on in any means, i have to modify the 80mm TB by removing everything where the sensor will go, cutting bits off and drilling through the centre for the sensor pin to sit in. i think the series 1 RB25DET sensors almost bolt on easily, however mine is a series 2 so it's a bit different.

tonka hilux
Post #6

QUOTE (boostd_civic @ Jun 4 2011, 02:51 PM) *
i think i figured it out, its not a direct bolt on in any means, i have to modify the 80mm TB by removing everything where the sensor will go, cutting bits off and drilling through the centre for the sensor pin to sit in. i think the series 1 RB25DET sensors almost bolt on easily, however mine is a series 2 so it's a bit different.

i have a 80mm also and had issues bolting mine on. from memory mine is only held on by 1 screw as the second wouldnt line up,

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x