Abandoned Buildings/warehouses/factories? - in darwin?  

MIZ-10
  • MIZ-10
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 68,133
Post #1 post 3rd March 2011 - 01:29 PM
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows of any abandoned buildings or warehouses or old factories around darwin? looking for a place to take some photos. really after that grungy/urban look (i've attached some photos for the kind of look i am after, NOTE: i didnt take these photos) Preferably a place that isnt overrun with hobos (this may be hard!). And somewhere that is semi-easy to gain access to...

so far i have only really noticed the abandoned building on smith st, near maccas with all the graf on the outside (can't get inside though) and then the other old supermarker behind woolies in nightcliff (again can't get inside)

any ideas??

50Cal
Post #2

East point has a whole heap of run-down ex-military buildings as well as Snake creek just outside of Adelaide river.

JET_RB25
Post #3

Charles Darwin park has some old bomb shelters there that work great for those style shelters and is In town.

vh-holden
Post #4

There is a wwII quarantine station out TDZ way that could be interesting. If you take follow the road to the train station and gas plant you'll see a sign to it.

MIZ-10
Post #5

thanks for the feedback guys! i have seen the bomb shelters in charles darwin park and they are pretty cool!!

TDZ way? which way would that be? train station and gas plant, east arm yeah?

hopefully have time to check some places out over the weekend.
thanks again.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x