Wagons To Panel Vans, Is It Much Trouble?  

Page 1 of 2
Jump to page
HardcoreUnited
  • HardcoreUnited
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 197,409
Post #1 post 8th January 2011 - 01:35 AM
have been thinking about converting a wagon of some sort into a panel van and was wondering is there alot of trouble and stuffing around invovled with construction and getting it rego'ed.
619PSI
Post #2

why not just buy "some sort" of panelvan and save yourself time and money?

ben042
Post #3

QUOTE (619PSI @ Jan 8 2011, 07:42 PM) *
why not just buy "some sort" of panelvan and save yourself time and money?

This.

sbrick
Post #4

what sort of wagon were you thinking of doing ????

HardcoreUnited
Post #5

just toying with the idea of a VK, VL, VT (bit iffy on the VT) or even one of those R31 wagons... its just a thought nothing set in stone...

Silver Surfer
Post #6

link fucked out

wes0666
Post #7

why not something like a torana? i seen a lj panalvan a while ago. made out of a cut down hk van. looked good

trev084
Post #8

QUOTE (wes0666 @ Jan 8 2011, 10:44 PM) *
why not something like a torana? i seen a lj panalvan a while ago. made out of a cut down hk van. looked good

Buy an LX hatch and track down a 'hatch hutch' :bowrofl:

Is this the LJ you are thinking of?

wes0666
Post #9

QUOTE (trev084 @ Jan 8 2011, 10:52 PM) *
Buy an LX hatch and track down a 'hatch hutch' :bowrofl:

Is this the LJ you are thinking of?

na the one i seen didnt have back windows.

patrick_h_oz
Post #10

I've considered this a couple of times. The XP panelvans looked like a 2 door windowless wagon.. kinda cool.

I guess at its most basic you can weld up the rear doors and windows of a wagon and smooth it out. Remove the rear seats and install a plywood floor. Decorate with leopardskin carpet, lava lamp and a mattress and you're pretty much done.

If you want to get fancier, pick something with a coupe version and move the B-pillars back to suit the longer doors. If you want to raise the roof I'd start with a panelvan in the first place, unless you're really keen/talented.

Edit- found a picture of one XP Panelvan

Nikked
Post #11

It wont be a panel van, but a delivery.

BIGZED
Post #12

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/privat...at&trecs=21

Like this?... but not as queer

W1NT3R
Post #13

QUOTE (BIGZED @ Jan 9 2011, 03:43 PM) *

I feel sick...

HardcoreUnited
Post #14

QUOTE (BIGZED @ Jan 9 2011, 03:43 PM) *

pretty much, if it didnt hav those horrible rims and had a better paint job it would be pretty mad.
one way to make the common commy stand out haha...

patrick_h_oz
Post #15

QUOTE (HardcoreUnited @ Jan 9 2011, 05:50 PM) *
pretty much, if it didnt hav those horrible rims and had a better paint job it would be pretty mad.
one way to make the common commy stand out haha...

Swapping the red painted bits (grill, roof strips and badge) for aluminium painted would look way better. I kinda like the red wheels, but a decent set of wheels would finish it off nicely.

Quote from ad- Good P plater car that really turns heads and doesn't get a lot off police attention. :bowrofl:

BIGZED
Post #16

Actually, now that I think about it, I remember seeing a VK panel van in a street commonwhores once, and it looked fan-fking-tastic

Silver Surfer
Post #17

white one with flames?

BIGZED
Post #18

Yup, and MASSIVE flares, I'm trying to find a pic, but the street commonwhores site is living up to it's name :P

DC KUSTOMS
Post #19

QUOTE (BIGZED @ Jan 9 2011, 08:58 PM) *
Actually, now that I think about it, I remember seeing a VK panel van in a street commonwhores once, and it looked fan-fking-tastic

SVE in Adelaides wagon. http://www.sve.net.au/galleryrides.php?catid=6

A few have been chopped into utes..

A guy I know did this to a 6cyl Valiant wagon. It still has a back seat and has had a lot of work done to be legal..
jpg]

vh-holden
Post #20

That vt wagon was up here in Darwin for a while. It was interesting.

HardcoreUnited
Post #21

yea i love that white VK wagon, seen it in a ad in one of my mates street commodore mags

Nikked
Post #22

I see your VK vans and raise you a HG...

Phat 33
Post #23

^^^ Alan Fleming's Motivator was amazing in so many ways, almost ahead of it's time. I remember reading about it in Street Machine in the early nineties. He spent something like 200g building it, at the time that was mind-boggling, remembering that you could buy a decent house and land package for less!

Mark V
Post #24

Import an Astravan from the UK.

sbrick
Post #25

^^^^^^^ yaaaaaay i am going to be sick :headwall:

HardcoreUnited
Post #26

that HG looks mad as well!

NISMOgemini
Post #27

gemini guys do it alots. vans are rarer than wagons, so they convert the wagons to vans. to get them legal and regoed, they usually have to be converted to a 2 seater like the vans as the rear seats no longer have ventilation windows. unless you put popper windows back in the van sides which would be pointless

DC KUSTOMS
Post #29

One of the more famous chops, Darryl McBeths wagon.. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2172587/1998-holden-commodore

jpg]

STFUKhubner
Post #30

QUOTE (khubner @ Jan 10 2011, 12:09 PM) *

:headwall:

Nikked
Post #31

I think people need to learn the difference between a Panel Van and Delivery!

This is a Panel van, based on a ute, with a high roof.

This is a Sedan Delivery, has a wagon base roof...

Half of what poeple posted were Delivery's!

DC KUSTOMS
Post #32

QUOTE (HardcoreUnited @ Jan 8 2011, 07:35 PM) *
have been thinking about converting a wagon of some sort into a panel van and was wondering is there alot of trouble and stuffing around invovled with construction and getting it rego'ed.

QUOTE (HardcoreUnited @ Jan 8 2011, 10:30 PM) *
just toying with the idea of a VK, VL, VT (bit iffy on the VT) or even one of those R31 wagons... its just a thought nothing set in stone...

Thanks for the correction there proffesor Nikked.. I dont think OP really cares about the technicallity and most pics were put up as refrences to what he was intending. The thread is titled "wagons to panel vans" and all of the posts have been some sort of wagon base.

HardcoreUnited
Post #33

QUOTE (DC KUSTOMS @ Jan 10 2011, 05:01 PM) *
Thanks for the correction there proffesor Nikked.. I dont think OP really cares about the technicallity and most pics were put up as refrences to what he was intending. The thread is titled "wagons to panel vans" and all of the posts have been some sort of wagon base.

exactly ^^^, thank-you DC KUSTOMS

sbrick
Post #34

QUOTE (DC KUSTOMS @ Jan 10 2011, 12:51 PM) *
One of the more famous chops, Darryl McBeths wagon.. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2172587/1998-holden-commodore
jpg]

I rember that car for sale without engine was going for 65g

i thourt that was cheep

220stroker
Post #35

There was a vk wagon converted onto a pano and it was on here and the guy wanted like $2000 for all hard work done and engineer report aswell think he ended up selling it for $500

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 2
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x