New Legistration - 0.00 alcohol ban  

Page 1 of 2
Jump to page
90.PSI
  • 90.PSI
  • Budding User
  • Member No.: 91,167
Post #1 post 30th June 2010 - 06:25 PM
Just got a letter from our good friends at the Queensland Government saying that if you are on your "L's", "P's", and even probationary licence holders as of the 1st of july now have to have 0.00 alcohol limit.

Im 27 and have just got my licence back from being suspended for 8 months (not alcohol related) and im on a probation period for 12 months, however i was told by queensland transport when i got my licence back that i would be on a probation licence but cause im over 25 i could still have a limit of 0.05, would'nt have a curfew and still drive turbo cars ect. now i cant even have a drink with the boys during the footy friday nights and leagaly be able to drive home, i have never been a big drinker, never had an accident or ever been booked for drink driving. This is just another way the government is screwing us over yet again

--------------------
I vote +1 for a dedicated Stolen Vehicle Forum in the General/Local sections
Z3RO
Post #2

I got my L's and P's in NSW and there was a 0.00 BAC at all times.

jish
Post #3

I already posted this in general.

Ryan41
Post #4

sucked in... next time dont lose your licence rolleyes.gif

GTRwilson
Post #5

QUOTE (Ryan41 @ Jun 30 2010, 06:51 PM) *
sucked in... next time dont lose your licence rolleyes.gif

go back to your shit ass job working along side 15 year old pimple face kids at the local woolies store.

astro boy
Post #6

i can see where OP is coming from but in general i think it's a good thing.

Ryan41
Post #7

QUOTE (GTRwilson @ Jun 30 2010, 06:53 PM) *
go back to your shit ass job working along side 15 year old pimple face kids at the local woolies store.

Haha, nice insult fuckwit..

Just remember, I , will always be better than you smile.gif

k bye

jealousy is a @#$!!

91 silvia style
Post #8

yeah i got this as well, but im on my opens for my car and l's for my bike...i assume that means that if im riding i have to have a 0.00 BAC but if im driving i can still have the 0.05 BAC...

90.PSI
Post #9

i just think they are punnishing innocent people, just another ticket they can give you. they probably sat down and figured out if they can give a ticket to every p plater and probationary licence holders that have had 1 beer they will make an extra million dollars a year. just revenu raising thats all it is

Ralli
Post #10

QUOTE (90.PSI @ Jun 30 2010, 06:25 PM) *
Just got a letter from our good friends at the Queensland Government saying that if you are on your "L's", "P's", and even probationary licence holders as of the 1st of july now have to have 0.00 alcohol limit.

Im 27 and have just got my licence back from being suspended for 8 months (not alcohol related) and im on a probation period for 12 months, however i was told by queensland transport when i got my licence back that i would be on a probation licence but cause im over 25 i could still have a limit of 0.05, would'nt have a curfew and still drive turbo cars ect. now i cant even have a drink with the boys during the footy friday nights and leagaly be able to drive home, i have never been a big drinker, never had an accident or ever been booked for drink driving. This is just another way the government is screwing us over yet again

how the fuck are they screwing you over again ? like i said in the other other thread, if you drink and drive you are a dickhead no matter what you freaking age !!! ... ...

90.PSI
Post #11

QUOTE (Ralli @ Jun 30 2010, 07:33 PM) *
how the fuck are they screwing you over again ? like i said in the other other thread, if you drink and drive you are a dickhead no matter what you freaking age !!! ... ...

I agree with the drink driving law if you are over .05 you get a ticket im all for that, what i dont agree with is that someone who has had i licence for over 10 years with no previous drink driving charges now is'nt allowed to have a beer while whatching the footy with the boys and not being able to drive home even tho you might only be .01 that to me does not make sence

Ralli
Post #12

But you lost your licence.. okay so it wasn't for a drink driving offence, but you still have to go back to p's or whatever the law is, so you should in essence suffer the consequences ...

nofxhardcore
Post #13

You may think its unfair, but I think it should be 0.00 for everyone. Even open licence holders.

JmeCamo
Post #14

QUOTE (Ralli @ Jun 30 2010, 08:48 PM) *
But you lost your licence.. okay so it wasn't for a drink driving offence, but you still have to go back to p's or whatever the law is, so you should in essence suffer the consequences ...

that there is bullshit to tho tbh, yes he lost his license but in all seriousness it could of been lost for something other then him being a dickhead as ur making him out to be. Yea im going this route im not saying he did or didn't i don't know the guy but this is another side u need to look at.. No seat belt is 3 points lost failing to indicate is 2 points an then u have defects its not really hard to lose points with a prick of a cop from something that is indeed minor shit.

now he is getting punished as im sure a lot of others are with this new shit the gov has thought up when this wasn't a factor of him losing his license to begin with, if he lost the license for being drunk behind the wheel good he shouldnt be caught with alcohol in his system at all im totally for that but come on, iv lost my license for speeding im no saint an i was given a LNDR.. i lost my license at lunch time... WTF is stopping me driving between 11 an 5 really going to stop me doing? so yes i agree with him this is just revenue raising which is indeed another way there fucking with us.

Jme.

Marcus89
Post #15

I always thought p platers weren't allowed anything anyway? I never drank anything if driving within the next 2 hours while on p's

khubner
Post #16

they were not aloud anything in there system prior to this the new law only applies to over 25.

TwinCam16
Post #17

Previously, the 0.00 rule only applied to people under 25.

You could be 17 and on your p's and you are allowed 0.0499999 before you got done.

Marlin
Post #18

QUOTE (90.PSI @ Jun 30 2010, 06:25 PM) *

My understanding is this (have a mate in the same boat).

If you lose your license due to accumulation of points, when you got it back it would be situation normal.

IF however a judge takes your license off you, whether it be for DD or being a silly bugger (skids etc), then regardless of your age, you are on the 0.00 limit for 12 months.

khubner
Post #19

QUOTE (TwinCam16 @ Jul 1 2010, 12:03 PM) *
Previously, the 0.00 rule only applied to people under 25.

You could be 26 and on your p's and you were allowed 0.0499999 before you got done.

fixed

he's gona hate that

TwinCam16
Post #20

Ahh fuck typo.

i meant to put 27

Ralli
Post #21

QUOTE (JmeCamo @ Jul 1 2010, 12:06 AM) *
that there is bullshit to tho tbh, yes he lost his license but in all seriousness it could of been lost for something other then him being a dickhead as ur making him out to be. Yea im going this route im not saying he did or didn't i don't know the guy but this is another side u need to look at.. No seat belt is 3 points lost failing to indicate is 2 points an then u have defects its not really hard to lose points with a prick of a cop from something that is indeed minor shit.

now he is getting punished as im sure a lot of others are with this new shit the gov has thought up when this wasn't a factor of him losing his license to begin with, if he lost the license for being drunk behind the wheel good he shouldnt be caught with alcohol in his system at all im totally for that but come on, iv lost my license for speeding im no saint an i was given a LNDR.. i lost my license at lunch time... WTF is stopping me driving between 11 an 5 really going to stop me doing? so yes i agree with him this is just revenue raising which is indeed another way there fucking with us.

Jme.

If you don't wear a seatbelt you are a dickhead, it's a safety thing!!

Yes you can get a prick of a cop , they are around.

urgh !! okay so he lost his licence, who knows why he lost his licence, but being at 0.00 how is that being punished ?! I think its a safety thing TBH ....

When any of my friends decide they want to do that, i take their keys off them, and I have nearly been in fights with them because of it.... and when you have had family involved in a fatal car accident because of a drink driver, then it kind of has a personal affect...

The arguement can go around in circles, and some say its revenue raising some say its not. There will never be anyone who agrees 100% with the issue.. .....

I have had friends who have lost their licence's ... and can't drive, and yes they are tempted to drive, without it, but is it really worth the risk of getting caught AGAIN...

Regardless of what the law is, my opinion is my opinion, whether you want to agree with it or not .. everyone is entitled to one.. smile.gif

H3R3TIC
Post #22

WElcome to the life of a P plater

Gagginforit
Post #23

I got a letter too, it only stated for my motorcycle licence!

Riverside
Post #24

This is actually a legislation I agree with.

Whether you are over 25 and new to driving, or coming of a suspension etc, either way, isn't that reason enough to restrict you?

You either A: Have very little road experience OR B: You obviously can't abide by the law so why should you be rewarded.

Grow up and take the punishment dealt to you. YOU did the wrong thing...........Perhaps when you and your family members are hospitalised by a drink driver you will share the same views as me.

WOSSiiE
Post #25

well if you are over 25 and are on your ps something wrong their

Ralli
Post #26

QUOTE (Riverside @ Jul 1 2010, 05:41 PM) *
This is actually a legislation I agree with.

Whether you are over 25 and new to driving, or coming of a suspension etc, either way, isn't that reason enough to restrict you?

You either A: Have very little road experience OR B: You obviously can't abide by the law so why should you be rewarded.

Grow up and take the punishment dealt to you. YOU did the wrong thing...........Perhaps when you and your family members are hospitalised by a drink driver you will share the same views as me.

Well said ....

jakefake
Post #27

I think its unfair that we get "Late Night Driving Restriction" when you lose your liscence regardless if you choose 3 months over good driving behaviour.

If you choose 3 months you shouldn't get it! I've done the time for stuff that i wasn't aware of (4x4 tires too big)(cracked flares)
Is their any exemption you can recieve cause i can't do late shift anymore nor can i pick up my parents if they go out.

conzy
Post #28

yeah my mate is on probation. bullshit that he can't drive at night, when he has never ever even driven over the limit. Just lost it for losing too many points (which is not that hard to do in brissy, luck has alot to do with it)

Riverside
Post #29

QUOTE (jakefake @ Jul 1 2010, 07:03 PM) *
I think its unfair that we get "Late Night Driving Restriction" when you lose your liscence regardless if you choose 3 months over good driving behaviour.

If you choose 3 months you shouldn't get it! I've done the time for stuff that i wasn't aware of (4x4 tires too big)(cracked flares)
Is their any exemption you can recieve cause i can't do late shift anymore nor can i pick up my parents if they go out.

They won't give you an exemption so you can work and extra shift or so you canm pick up your mumsy from the pub. Deal with it.

QUOTE (conzy @ Jul 1 2010, 07:28 PM) *
yeah my mate is on probation. bullshit that he can't drive at night, when he has never ever even driven over the limit. Just lost it for losing too many points (which is not that hard to do in brissy, luck has alot to do with it)

Your mate will find it alot harder to accumulate points if he stays within the speed limits. He did the wrong thing now he has to deal with the punishment........ Perhaps you could offer him a cup of concrete......... to help him harden the fuck up.

jakefake
Post #30

when he has never ever even driven over the limit.

find it alot harder to accumulate points if he stays within the speed limits

l2READ~!

Manic 180
Post #31

those pesky road rules are hard to follow hey......

impulsr
Post #32

Holding a licence is a privilege, not a right.
Accept the consequences and get over it.
We have all done stupid things over the years, you learn to live with it.

90.PSI
Post #33

If you must know im a mobile tow bar fitter and do on average 900km between monday to friday so im on the road 300% more often than someone that drives to and from the one place every day therefor 300% more chances to get done for minor shit. its easy for people who work in a factory or something who travel the same roads the same route every day, you know what the speed limits are (in that area) you know where they hide radars ect. where as i travel on un familar roads and areas every day, and its easy to get done see an 80km/h zone so you do 75-80km/h you look down at the gps or your run sheet for 2 seconds miss a 60km/h zone sign and they have a radar 50m past the 60km/h sign that you miss so you get done for 80 in a 60 zone and when your driving between 4-8 hours a day you go thru a lot of speed zone changes. Anyone who is on the road alot (couirer drivers ect) will agree with me.

That being said i lost my licence for accumulation of points (always in the work van) while i was working, lost my licence for 3 months (was fitting in our workshop not driving) then 2.5 months later was finished riding my thumpster thru the bush (johnson rd, greenbank) and rode my bike up the ramp onto the back of the trailer which was parked on the dirt shoulder and a cop saw me and charged me with driving on a suspended licence (my mate was driving the car to get us there, not me), un registed, un insured ect, ect. went to court and they classified the footpath as a road and got my licence disqualified for another 6 months (hired a lawyer and everything $330 per hour). So excuse me for not having a lot of respect for cops. Like i said i have never been done for drink driving and cant see how im a threat to others under this new law, i agree with the whole .05 thing, if your over you deserve to get fucked over.

WRX-75X
Post #34

I throught it was always 0.00 for L , and P platers drivers..... unsure.gif

But yea, i live down in NSW.. so yea. didnt know their was a diff ruling up in QLD... ! ( just throught it be the same ruling Australia Wide.. )

Prolly a good thing... at the end of the day...

khubner
Post #35

hey 90 psi come back when you a cab driveri average atleast 300-400 km per shift 12hours. and i still have a clean driving history.

my old man owns cabs drive 5 shifts a week and probably averages more km's than i do. and he hasn't lost his licence in the last 5 years. has a fine retraction list thats probably as long as he is tall.

so quit you whinging and wear the consequences of breaking the rules. you cannot simply use the excuse im on the road more than you thus i'm more likly to get caught if your doing nothing wrong you wont get done.

how this for a story i've been rbt'd 6 times in the space of 30 mins going in and out of surfers.

this
radar 50m past the 60km/h sign that you miss
they arn't allowed to set up within 100m of a zone change or if the zone is les than a certain amount of km/m

im a professional driver and i DON'T agree with you. if a gps or log book is so distracting maybe you shouldn't be using them cuase i can tell you that the gear i have at my disposal is alot more distracting.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 2
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x